Wayne State University

« See more reviews of Wayne State University

I can not really say what the worst thing is about the school is because I love attending Wayne State University. What can use some improvement that we are basically on our own and when you're a freshmen it is already overwhelming and that adds to it. We should get more informed about things and for a University this large and there should be more counselors in order to have more opportunities to being able to speak with someone if there is an issue that a student needs to discuss about.

The worst thing about my school is the graduation rate. Most students drop out before they finish completing college. I believe they get discouraged in their ability to succeed becasue of the things they have to deal with outside of school such as jobs, family, disabilities, etc. Many of the people you meet are not guaranteed to be there the next year or so and it's sad to know that most of the students won't graduate.

The university is in detorit, so there can be crime in the surronding areas, although the campus is safe and police can get to any where on campus in about 30 seconds. There are quite a few homless people that many of the students here could recognize and give a good description of because there a quite a few homless people that stick around the campus. It is Detorit...

The worst thing about my school is the fact the professors do not care about the students in their classes they are just worried about getting them in and out. A close second to the professors not caring is the problem with the homeless people. They are constantly asking for spare change and it is hard to say no to them but I have to eat also, college is not cheap.

The worst thing about my school is the hasty look on someones face before they regain their composure when you tell them you're attending a university located in Detroit. The reputation that Detroit has gained over the years needs to be rebuilt and shaped into the industrial, safe, and flourishing city that the students at Wayne State University know it is.

Although I love going to school in a big city, Detroit isn't the safest city. That's the thing I consider the worst about my school. Just the fact that I can't just walk down the street alone because it's not safe bothers me a lot of the time. This is such a wonderful school in a great city, its just that the city hasn't kept a good name for itself.

The parking is the worst for Wayne State University because the lots that are the closet to campus always get sold out quikly and if you miss out on getting a pass just by a day you will have to walk very far! The parking rate has also just gone up and if you are in an unathorized parking space or missed a parking meter you have to pay a fine.

I don't like that the dining halls are closed on the weekend in the freshman dormitory. In the cold months I don't like to travel far and as a college student with no job it's hard to have money to pay for fast-food. Many people don't go home every weekend so I think the school should have them open for the students.

The worst thing about Wayne State is the lack of interest and help academic advisors provide students. I am not sure why most of the academic advisors are the way they are, maybe because they hate their job? Of all the academic advisors I have spoken to, I can't say that I was advised the right way.

Parking situation. With it's urban location, Wayne State has many students who commute including myself. There is almost no public parking that doesn't have outrageous prices. We are already giving them so much money in tuition that I dont think a parking pass should exceed $200.