Wayne State University

« See more reviews of Wayne State University

I would tell any person that you need too look at what others say about the colleges you are interested in. Also look and check with people in your field of study about the professors in the particular department you are interested in. As for making the most out of your college experience, you are there to learn, and that should be first and foremost, but having a social life is important as well. Forming study group and exchenging notes with others is a great way to do both. Just make sure that overall, noting stops you from reaching your goal, whatever it may be.

I would tell myself to apply more often for scholarships and other financial aid, so that I wouldn't have to balance a full time job with college. If I could alleviate the financial burden on me, I feel that I could have a much higher GPA throughout college. I would also tell myself to start going to the gym much sooner than I actually did, as I later found it to be a great stress reliever. I might tell my high school senior self to take fewer credit hours each semester (a normal amount compared to other students), and take summer courses instead to get ahead.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself a few things. The first thing I would have advised myself to do is to stay encouraged and stick it out all the way to the end despite my will to quit on certain things such as studying. I would also tell myself to not stress myself out so much on things that didn't derserve my worrying, but instead enjoy my last days as a high school attendee. Lastly, I would advise myself to value the time management that I learned which will help me in college tremendously.

I would advise students to pick a school based on it's academic standing in accordance to the degree program they want to pursue. Social activities and sporting events are fun, but those do not get you a degree or job. Academic Clubs and Volunteer groups are more important to me because they help make a student well rounded and socially responsible. Also, if you know that you will be tempted to party, pick a school that doesn't have a reputation of being a party school, that way you will be more inclined to stay focused on your school work.

I would tell students and paretns to look at each college choice carefully. They should pick a college that is affordable. they should pick a college that has the major the student wants to have. Also it should be easy to go to the college and there is no problem in living arrangement. Students can make the most of the college experience by being responsable but also having fun at the same time. They shouldn't be afraid to meet new people or take classes on new subjects. They should take every chance they get to something exciting but safe.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advice myself to do all of the work in college. Don't be a slacker or a procrastinator. Procrastination will not get you far in college. In order to be a good student, you have to motivate yourself and really want to do the work to get the good grade that You need to be successful. I definitely would advice myself to just take it day by day, and page by page. College can be done, and be done successfully. Don't get overwhelmed, just stay calm and do the work necessary!

Don't judge a college based on where it is, some of the best colleges can be missed that way. Don't ignor your childs point of view on college and take everything they say into concideration. Find something that will test your child and make them a better person all around, not only acidemically, but on a personal level as well. College isn't only about what you can learn in your field of study, it is what you can learn about the world around you, the different kinds of people in that world, and, most imoportantly, about yourself.

Do not skip class just because you feel like it because it will come back and haunt you later on. Learn to pay attention even if you are not interested in the subject because your future depends on it. Make sure to make alot of good friends at school because they will help you get through tough times and help keep your head on right if you need to socialize. Have fun wih growing up yet learn to becoe more responsible. And last would be to not spend money if you don't have to because saving money for school keep you out of more debt.

Schedule college visits because the way a school feels is extremely important. I feel at home with my university. I did some traveling and looking at transferring btu after visiting the other schools I realized the one I was at was truly the best in every way for me. The campus is nice and feels homey to me, but the student body and overall goals of the university complements me and parallels my own goals. No student should feel left out, so it's best to make sure that there are programs that support your beliefs and way of living.

College is nothing like high school. So be prepared! Get together your goals and really think about what you would like your career to be. It saves time and potientially money down the road, so I highly suggest it. Make friends with people in your class, don't be to reserved because it helps to have study buddies in your classes. Make sure to participate in your classes as well. The more you do, the more the teacher will respect you and know you are trying. Overall, you really have to give it your all to do well.