Wayne State University

« See more reviews of Wayne State University

I became a more responsible adult since I've been attending college. I have learned how to be resposible for my own work and my own mistakes. This has been valuable to me, because now I feel i have become independent. Independence has been getting me prepared for the real world. I have a job and I am a full time student. I also am athletically involved in college. Sometimes it seems too much, but I know that my priorites and resposibilities are directing me in the right direction for my future life and job.

I would tell myself that it gets surprisingly much easier in college, go easy on yourself now. Have fun and enjoy your last year of highschool, you'll wish you had gone out and done more. You'll meet new people who are goal minded and very diverse in every aspect, you couldn't put a price on what you'll learn about life through college along with what you'll learn academically. You'll experience things so much differently from what you expected, and you will grow so much in only a short amount of time.

Visit the campus during a school day to see what activities are going on. Meet the professors or sit in on classes to get a feel for the culture of the college. Learn about financial aid early so you know what your options are and how to apply for the aid you need. Be as involved as possible in extra cirricular activities and in the community surrounding the college. Rest and relaxation are as important to your academic success as studying. Find a healthy balance of study and play.

dear parents. even thought your children are in school keep an eye on them. they may be adults but still kids at heart. and we sometimes do stupid things. we may say we are all grown up but we still need you to show us what to do and yell at us for making mistakes. no matter how old we get we are still ur responsibility. keep nagging ur children if they are doing their homework or not. dont just assume they are doing great know that they are doing great good luck students.

First, figure out what kind of program you want to enter, pre-med, english, enginering, ect. Second, decided if you are going to play sports at this school and wither or not you will be able to play on the team. Third, what size of a school do you want to go to and what kind of setting do you want (urban vs. country) and also how far away are you willing to go away from home for school? Fourth, what are the cost of attending this school and is it affordable for you.

My college experiece has given me the opportunity to have a decent job and not have to continue the tradition of working in the fields like my parents did. I love the challenge that college offers me because I know that when I have accomplished the task I have attained more knowledge and experience. The value that that I will get in attending college is the confidence and security that I know that I will have by knowing that I have degree to go anywhere is country.

I would tell myself to study hard and get a lot of scholarships or financial aid because school is very hard to pay for. College is a cross road into the real world. You are leaving security behind and entering into a very big part of life. You have to work hard in school because that is the only way to get anywhere in life. With proper time management, school can be fun as well as an oppertunity to better yourself and plan for the future.

The main advice I would give myself would be to start applying for Scholarships and grants previous to enrollment. I will stress that having fun is not as important as achieving success with academic progress. I will also emphasize on staying focused, dedicated and hard working to obtain my goals and reach my potential to exceed my own expectations. The stress of college life will reward you with more than graduating high school!

To parents and/or students I would recommend that the best way to find the right college and make the most out of the college experience to follow your heart. I believe that the best decision of schools, majors, and even whether to live on campus or commute come from following your heart and your passions. To be truly happy with your life and the decision you make for it they must come from the heart and be guided by passion.

Focus mainly on your academics for at least the first year so that you dont fall behind. Dont worry too much about the social life because it will be there regardless. Create a facebook account and build your friends network starting with the people you encounter in your classes. You may want to look into some sort of student organization during your second year. Dont try to do too much at once and take it one day at a time.