Wayne State University

« See more reviews of Wayne State University

For my college experience I've been able to get my teaching degree. I've been fortunate to be able to get subbing jobs, because of my degree. Unfortunately with the economy the way it is today landing a full time job is difficult to do. With the experience of substitute teaching it has made me work harder for what I'd like to do and continue my education.

I would reccommend starting at community college all over again. It is a great way to save money and still look at universities you want to attend. Apply for scholarships! So many are offered and people don't always take advantage. There is no reason for free money to go to waste. Apply to more than one university. Explore your options. Do not limit yourself.

I would tell myself not to take on so many classes as an incoming freshmen. Create a study group, ask my professors for help, think postive , and have the courage to ask for help. Bring a tape recorder or laptop to take notes , try to make friends so that your not always stressed about classes. Also AIM HIGHER and never give up no matter how hard it gets.

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to stop spending so much time on schoolwork and actually live a little. You're only a senior once, so why not live it up while you can. Also, I would have told myself to apply to more places and sooner so I had more places to pick from and possibly more scholarship opportunities.

During my college experience I have learned so much that I didn't learn in high school. I feel so honored to be able to attend college because some people don't realize how important college really is. I am attending college to be a Social Worker and I believe that knowing that I will make a difference in someones life is the most valuable thing.

First I would tell myself, that I need to learn how to study, and obtain well study habits for college. Also, I would have pushed myself harder in school and sports. Furthermore, I would tell myself to enjoy High School. College is a big transition, and it would be easier if i would have been more outgoing, and involved in high school.

DON'T FREAK OUT. The people aren't as scary as you think they are. The professors are not mean people with out souls. Everything your english teacher told you about college essays was wrong. And commit to the studying, actually do it. It will get you farther then any party or friend you make along the way. It is worth it.

I would tell students to make sure the school has good programs for whatever program that they wish to persue a career in. I also would tell the parents to make sure that the cost of the school is in their budget and make sure that the school has good rating and good reviews from other students and parents.

Try to pick the college that offers your intended field of studies, not the one that looks good for your reputation. College is about being successful in what you love doing most, enjoying your time, and being yourself, so make good use of your time there and make friends they might last you a life time.

I can only speak on how i could imagin college life would be concidering that i never been. I would tell my self to always be attentive. Have fun but not to the point ware it would interfear with your studying. This will be a place ware you may find your self so be open to knew ideas .