Wayne State University

« See more reviews of Wayne State University

I would say to follow your heart when picking out a college. Go check out the camous before filling out the application. If the vibe of the campus doesn't feel right, then don't apply. Nothing is worse then spending thousands of dollars on a place that you may end up hating.

Talk to each other and keep your options open. If finances allow try to get involved on campus as much as possible. If you have to work while your in school set a study schedule to stay on top of your work. Don't be afraid to talk your parents if you are having trouble.

I did not get much out of my college experience unfortunately. The professors expected the minimum. Also, the campus was depressing to be at. There was some interesting people I met. But for the most part, going to school at Wayne State in Detroit is something I regret.

I would talk myself into picking the correct career and be well informed of the requirements to completing the courses. Read more about a variety of colleges. Prepare for college by gaining good test taking skills, study habits, and pacing myself for class. assignments.

I would tell them to do whatever they want to do. Have the students themselves choose where they want to go and what they want to study. So many students have parents choosing where they should attend, and what to study and that impacts the students behavior in college

I would tell my high school self to go to the University that offers the most or best scholarships and to pick a University that is known for it's academics. College is a blast, but in the long run, you need to focus on what is in your best interest for the future.

To enjoy the college experience, get involved. Find a university that you could live in. Find a part time job to pay for the few expenses and spending money. Make friends with people that share the same major. It will be necessary when the classes get tougher.

If I was to go back and help myself as a senior, I would say go out and get a job. I wouls also say study more because that is what college life is all about. Its your senior year and you had 3 yeras to have fun, now it's time to crack down and focus on school.

One piece of advice I would give myself as a highschool senior would be....TONE THOSE CALF MUSCLES. You do a lot of walking in college! I would be on the treadmill every day making sure I had the legs of a horse to make sure I got to all my classes on time.

I would advice parents and students to complete their first two years of school at a community college. Not only will it save them money, but time and a chance to explore what they really want to do without feeling pressured to have it all together.