Wayne State University

« See more reviews of Wayne State University

I wished that I had known: how to save money rather than have financial need; how to follow a budget and live within my means; when to be leisure and when to study, rather than cramming the night before; to consider my health and diet, excercise more, play sports, eat nutritious meals, leaving soda and coffee behind as well as fast food; how to befriend others more effectively; ; to promote extra-ciricular activites of interest to self and others; but mostly, be friendly to the new students and help familiarize them with the campus and social groups on campus.

Honestly, I wish I would have known more about the vast amount of scholarships available to students. Although, loans enable one to pursue their educational goals often those loans are not enough to cover living expenses even at a modestly costing school. As a result I ended up having to balance a full time job and a full time course load. Therefore, if I could advise someone on the best thing to do to prepare for college it would be to secure as many scholarships as possible especially if your family is not able to help out.

Since I'm not much of a morning person I should have never registered for such early morning classes that required my full attention and participation. I wish I had known that it would be best to order my text books early and off-campus to get better deals. I wish I had known that parking would be so expensive and I would have so many miscellaneous costs associated with school. It would have been nice to know that this school offers some of the same classes as local community colleges but has higher tuition costs.

Honestly I wish I had known how difficult it would be to go to college without the means to pay for it. I started my freshman year in college in the fall of 2009. Although I have financial aid, I continue to struggle financially. My financial aid didn't cover the prices of all my books so I went through my first semester of school with only one book for a class and a suppliment book for another class. I was taking four classes. I guess thats the only thing I wish I had known before I came to school.

I wish I had reserached the field I was going into a little bit more. I originally entered Wayne State University under the pre-med program. I would have liked to have a seminar included in my orientation so that we could hear from the administrators of the medical school. There was such a seminar offered a couple semesters later. However, I think it would have helped me a lot more had it been earlier. Though, now, I eblieve the school does include such seminars for all programs.

I wish I had known which professors to take classes with. I am almost done with school and I really wish that I had worked with the women in my department more than I have. Both of the female professors in my department are interested in many of the things that I am. The only reason I haven't taken more classes with them is only because of scheduling. It would have been nice if I could have taken a sabbatical from my job to finish school!

Before I began attending Wayne State I wish I had known how hard it was because many people looked down upon Wayne State because it was in the middle of Detroit. I wish I had known how much fun and how much much of a party school it was. I didnt know that I would experience all the great things at Wayne State. If I hadve known all of these things I believe Wayne State University wouldve been one of my first choice schools.

I wish I knew that the education and career outcome is equal in a school such as a community college compared to this University. The resulting job pay and degree of respect after completing your degree is equal. I recommend to others to get their degree at a community college if they can and save the money. Currently I pay $5500 a semester for 13 credits and I am broke as can be.

I wish I had known more about financial aid programs available (I had to do a lot of research online, especially the State of Michigan website) and I also wish I had known about the vast testing policies the campus has. I was able to use my APs and CLEP scores to test out of almost a year of schooling, which was great since only 4 credits transferred from other schools.

I wish I had know how great of a school Wayne State University is. Many people feel as if it is a university that feels like a community college and only has students that are parents. Wayne State is a great place to learn because you can recieve a world-class education. We have educators from all over the world. Culture is brought into our classrooms everyday.