Wayne State University

« See more reviews of Wayne State University

To really narrow down my studies. Everyone told me I had time, but I realized I wasted some money on classes I didn't even need. I wish someone would have told me to really pick and narrow down y career aspects and then choose my classes based on the classes needed for those programs. That could have saved me time and money.

I wish I would have known how culturally diverse Wayne State University really was to better prepare myself for the transition to college. I am a very open-minded person, but I needed to better prepare myself to create and receive the best experience through meeting new people and gathering new ideas from different cultures.

Wayne State University was really open about all the services and programs they provide. I felt that I was given a lot of information about the school before I started attending. So with that, there really isn't anything I wish I would have known before attending because the school was straight forward.

I wish I knew that there were more than 500 students in a biology class. Coming out of high school I found this to be very hard. There was no one on one with the teacher at all. The professor didnt even know thw students names. This is someting I would make younger friends aware of.

I wish I would've known how much of a commuter school it really is. Living on campus is veryy optional because most people don't. I personally love living on campus. I like the freedom and having to learn how to do things on my own, even though home isn't too far away.

Not all professors are created equal, by far. Try ratemyprofessor.com to see whos a good prof, whos hard, and who just can't teach. You're paying to be INSTRUCTED, not talked at. If your professor isn't hacking their job, find a new one, or find a new university.

I knew this before, but I wish I would have considered it more my first semester...that it really is up to the student to do well. You are given the tools, but it up to you to really sharpen and use them.

I wish I had know that Wayne State was primarily a commuter school, but they actually have great programs. The college life is pretty much what you make it, there are a ton of organizations on campus.

I wish I would have known that the University does not prepare you enough for all of the demands and things you have to know when you enter the workforce, particularly School Social Work.

That they wouldn't accept my intermediate algebra class that I took at OCC because at Wayne State Trig was 2/2 and College Algebra was 1/2 so I now have to take another math class.