Wayne State University

« See more reviews of Wayne State University

As a member of an ethnic minority, I often find myself frequently evaluating the diversity of my surroundings. There have been numerous situations in which I have felt out of place because of the lack of diversity. However, Wayne State University epitomizes the definition of diversity and this is pleasantly accompanied by the comfort of acceptance. Consequently, I have never had any issue with discrimination or stereotyping. This school has consistently made me feel welcome regardless of the ethnic makeup of a particular class or group.

The best thing about Wayne State is how cultury diverse it is. I've never been around so many different races that get along so well. I'm surprised at how accepting the people are of eachother. Everyone that goes to WSU are very focused on what they want to do in life. It is not a typical college, where everyone is drinking, and people are pressured to do something they don't want to. People think going to Wayne is easy, and that is farthest from the truth. Classes are just as challenging. Overall, its a great school.

The best thin g about my school is that you meet so many great people. Having an effecient number of friends who share the same goals as you is very refreshing. There are many places available to study and chat amongst one another. I never stayed on campus but i heard that it is an experience within itself. The eatery is a place to take a break from class and just breathe and take in what the day has in store for you. The

I love that the campus is not that big so I don't have far to travel from the dormitory to my classes. In the winter it is very cold and since I don't have far to travel to class I am able to get some extra sleep, whereas, if I went to a larger university like Michigan State I'd have to make arrangements to get up earlier to get to class on time because the campus is very large.

The best quality that my university has to offer is diversity. Wayne State University is statistically one of the most diverse universities in the nation, and can therefore open doors to many students who wonder about academia and how it envelopes the world, as (theoretically) opposed to students who attend a university composed of only a single-dominant ethnicity/race.

I would consider Wayne State University's diversity as the best thing about my school. Being able to associate with people from all around the world broadens the mindset of an inner city youth. It gives me a chance to understand other peoples cultures, as well as dealing with different personalities and nationalities.

The best thing about my school is the amount of diversity between the students. Having a diverse group of people helps to meet new and interesting people. It doesn't matter what group of people you hang out with, you can find some people who you can get along with.

Wayne State University has good instructors that are willing to help you succeed. Plenty of restaurants and college activities to have an awesome college life. Great internships with the opportunity to find jobs and meet career goals.

The best thing about Wayne State is the cultural diversity and the location of the campus. Wayne State is located in the city, unlike other colleges we experience both the real world interaction and schooling at once.

The location. Although Detroit isn't what it used to be, to me the area is still beautiful for taking pictures and exploring. There are many diffrent activities you can particiapate in Downtown Detroit.