Waynesburg, PA
Waynesburg University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Waynesburg University

Holly

I love the smaller campus, as it is easy to go from class to class. Class size is perfect and allows for one-on-one help from professors. People and staff are nice. Professors are very professional. The food gets boring after a while, but there are nice places to eat in town.

Susan

I love my school. The culture is respectful and friendly, and the weekly chapel services and other campus ministry opportunities are amazing. Since it's small, everyone knows their classmates and professors. Cliche as it sounds, Waynesburg really is a family, and it's a family I'm very proud to be a part of. I strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a great education at a small liberal arts university.

paige

I enjoyed my overall experience. The curriculum for any major is fantastic, always challenging every individual. You will not just float or sleep through you major here. The atmosphere of the campus is what first attracted me and has also kept me on the campus.

Waynesburg University is a school where students can grow and seek an incredible future for themselves. Ultimately, this is a wonderful place to be for academics, friends, extracurriculars, and so much more.

Erika

Waynesburg University is very unique for its size. With less than 2,000 students, the university has a surprising number of extracurricular options. While the town of Waynesburg does not offer a vast array of options, the university is located within driving distance of many appealing attractions, including, but not limited to Pittsburgh, Ohiopyle, Morgantown and Wheeling. The campus population is very community focused, offering many volunteer opportunities, both domestically and abroad. I hold Waynesburg's professors in high regard. The interpersonal interaction students receive is second to none. In my time at Waynesburg I had the option to call most, if not all of my professors at home or on their cell phones if I needed anything at all. Faculty, staff and coaches stress that students athletes are "students first," but Jacket pride still runs deep in the hearts of the students. The housing options are quite appealing; even the traditional freshman dorms are not dreadful. I truly enjoyed the experience and education Waynesburg University had to offer.

Waynesburg University

Waynesburg University is a relatively small, but comfortable and friendly university. The campus is of decent size, and the student population is around 1,500. The academic, sports and arts communities feature quality over quantity. There are some unique groups to get involved with on campus, but they are not always advertised, therefore you may have to go looking for them. The most popular departments are nursing and communications. The party scene on campus is kept small and hushed, but there are parties typically every weekend. It's about who you know that will get you "in" to the parties - typically the students within the sports and communications departments. Overall, I would rate WU a 4/5. There is not much to complain about regarding this University.

Waynesburg University offers students an amazing community to study in. Everyone on campus is like a family. Because the campus is so small, it's hard to get from place to place without seeing someone that you know. The class sizes are smaller, and the instructors really seem to care about your learning. A lot of people on campus share in my faith and it's really been a blessing to attend Waynesburg. I've grown in ways that I've never expected. The only downfalls to the school are the price, the underclassmen dorms, and the food. The tuition is very high for the education received. The underclassmen dorms are very small and hot all year long. The food is practically the same everyday, not great, and pricey.

Since the school's tuition is so high, a lot of people think that our students are stuck up. While this is true of some students, it isn't true of everyone. You just have to be open and willing to give people a chance and get to know them better.

Chapel is offered every Tuesday and students love to attend. There is not much to do off of campus because town is so small. Students enjoy music at coffeehouses, musicals, and trips to different things like the zoo or sporting events in Pittsburgh.

The students at Waynesburg are awesome. They're all nice and open to helping each other. Everyone is dedicated to their field of study and excited to learn things that will bring them to success in the future.

The academics at Waynesburg are great. All of the instructors care about your learning. They're willing to meet one-on-one and work with you on anything that you need to. Tutoring is available and the tutors work around your schedule. I've really learned a lot from being here. Professors put their hearts into their lessons and make them as interactive and exciting as they possibly could.

The campus is so small that it is a pretty tight knit community. Also, there is scheduled chapel time where no classes are held so that we can go to chapel if we choose to

I honestly wish that I would have taken high school more seriously. I know I am smart and very capable of getting great grades, but in high school I was given lots of extra credit opportunities to help my grades. In college, however, they are not so generous. Going into college with 18 credits my first semester was a huge change, but after the shock wore off, I was able to successfully manage the course load with 110% effort. I just wish that I would have really valued my education in high school more and was more thankful for the numerous extra credit assignments that I was given. I would also focus more on telling myself how important time management is. Going from living with very strict parents to moving across the country with freedom to do what I wanted was very different for me and it was a huge adjustment to make sure that I got what I needed done without being told to do so.

The food in the cafeteria is literally awful. I have had moldy bread given to me before!!

Isaiah

Waynesburg University is an inclusive environment that empowers its students to serve the community and always pay it forward...

Waynesburg Univeristy is a small Christian school with a very stong science department. I knew from a young age that I wanted to be a physician. I felt that at Waynesburg University I would be able to be succesful because of the faculty. I also liked the fact that I would be able to play tennis through undergrad. Tennis ahs always been an outlet for me and I didn't want to lose this.

If I had the opportunity to go back to high school and talk to myself as a senior I would say relax and trust in yoruself. I have alway been neurotic and I can say that as I have gone through my undergraduate years I have been very hard on myself. I thought that I had to be next to perfect to get into medical school. It was not a healthy lifestyle to lead. Many times I would go online and search about different scenarios to make sure that I would still have a chance of getting into medical school. I would also tell myself to enjoy tennis. As I appraoch my senior year of college I relaize how much college has done for me mentally. I am so glad that I was able to play in college and I have been able to do so many things because of the balalnce a varsity sport allows one to have. Lastly, I would urge my younger self to practice paying it forward because being a force of good no matter how hard, is what life is about. With all of this being said I think college has been extremely enjoyable!

Shy

My school is a private, Christian college that focuses on faith, learning, and service for the glory of God.

Don't be too stressed out, Shy. College life is great. You have an amazing roommate who has become your best friend, and you've also made other positive relationships. Community bathrooms aren't bad at all, so I'm not quite sure what you're worried about. Everything you could need is right on campus, but some things you may want are not, so be patient and wait for the shuttle on Tuesdays and Thursdays to take you to the places you'd like to go. The campus is in the side of a mountain, and your hall is at the very top, so you'll never lose your marching band calves. Don't stress. The transition was more than easy with the wonderful people around you. Don't forget to thank God for getting you here. Always say your prayers, and if you're ever homesick just remember that you're only two-and-a-half hours away. College is a wonderful time and experience. You'll have much more fun than you know.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that freshmen aren't allowed to have cars on campus, and the big chain stores are not in walking distance.

Waynesburg University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.