Waynesburg, PA
Waynesburg University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Waynesburg University

My advice would be to follow my heart. College is an amazing opportunity and I think people put too much stress on high school seniors to make decisions about college. If I could go back, I would tell myself to dream big and not settle for anything less.

Waynesburg University is a beautiful school that focuses on faith and learning, and provides the foundation to help you become a stronger person.

The most frustrating thing about Waynesburg University would have to be not having air conditioning in the underclassmen dorms.

Amy

Take school seriously. Be proud of yourself. Know what you are capable of and what your potential can be. It's okay to be scared realizing you aren't a kid anymore transitioning to college, but if it's meant to be everything will turn out great. You don't have to know what you want to do as a career right away. Make sure you enjoy yourself, your time as a college student, and enjoy learning. If you do it the right way, college really can be 'the best years of your life'.

Parking. The entire campus is basically a hill which just makes it worse when you are forced to park miles away. It is a rare, rare occurance where you find a parking space available near your needed building.

A person with goals, who will be forced to use their potential to its fullest. Someone who has faith in themselves, the world, and of course God. Outside of the school atmosphere, a person who likes to party and have fun but when necessary understands grades come first and there won't be a party every day.

Cassie

If I had the chance to give my high school self some advice, I would recommend taking a deep breath and living with the fact that I'm never going to be 100 percent sure about anything. There is always risk involved and there is always a bit of uncertainty. That fear and risk is normal and the pursuit of a dream isn't necessarily going to be a settling, calming, relaxing experience. In high school I remember being extremely concerned with finding "the right career" for myself, when actually there are probably several careers that I would be happy exploring. I am a creative person with many avenues to choose from and am excited to get started in Interior Design. I would have liked to remind myself that nothing lasts forever (if you don't want it to) and life is a series of everchanging cycles. Change is good and I will never be stuck if I don't want to be. Life is what you make it! If only I saw things that way at the age of 17.

The most important piece of advice for helping myself to make the transition from high school to college would definitely be to learn a way to efficiently manage my time. Adjusting to a college schedule is a significant change from the way a high school schedule is designed. The breaks between classes in college can sometimes be several hours, and those several hours could be used to get ahead on a reading assignment in a class or to review material for an exam in the class that is coming up later that day. I certainly did not always use my time as effectively as I could have during college, but I got by and did very well regardless. For others, inefficiently managing time could make a crucial difference in their performance. Along with efficiently managing time for academics, I would advise that time must also be made to just enjoy the experience of college. I worked two part-time jobs during college and was a commuter, and I always found myself rushing home after classes to go directly to work or get something else done. My job was beneficial to me, but I wish I had experienced more on campus.

I wish I had known more about what would be required for graduate school before attending Waynesburg for undergrad. I was a Pre-Physical Therapy major, but the focus was placed more heavily on Athletic Training and related majors, so I did not get much guidance as far as what I needed to do before applying to grad schools for Physical Therapy. If I had been more prepared going in, I would not have been scrambling closer to application deadlines my senior year. I feel that the professors and advisors in the program could be more knowledgable about the requirements.

I enjoyed mostly every aspect about Waynesburg, but the one thing I would consider to be lacking is the availablity of parking on campus. As a commuter especially, I found it to be extremely challenging to find a convenient parking place daily in time to make my classes without being late. Even if I would arrive on campus 20 minutes before my class, I would usually have to park several blocks away and walk to the building my class was in. Parking in an actual lot is extremely limited, and parking along the street is very limited as well.

Dear High School Me,You’re a student-athlete so don’t do something stupid. It’s not worth the risk of losing everything. The respect you’ve earned from everyone isn’t worth it. Stay on the track you’re on right now. Keep those A’s and B’s, but really, mostly A’s. I’m surprised you are settling for some B’s. Also, don’t get so bummed about that back injury. Your college volleyball coach will help you get better. Yes, that’s right, you reached that goal of playing college volleyball. Congrats! Oh, and stop that tanning for prom! Your date will think you’re beautiful without tanning, just because you got all fancied up for one little day. Besides, your Mom will be diagnosed with melanoma, but luckily it’s not in the severe stage. Another thing, make sure you thank your parents for everything they have done for you all those years. Trust me, they’ll still try to help, but knowing you appreciate the little bit they do help, makes them feel great. Lastly, follow your dreams. Believe you can, and you will. Simple as that.Sincerely,Stephanie

Gracious

i would advise myself to not rush school. i would tell myself to enjoy senior year. i would tell myself to not take my teachers for granted, and the friends i make. i would appreciete my family more. i would make more of in effort to meet people and enjoy the company of others. i would tell myself to be strong and my family would not always be there for me.

i wish i would have known how many hills the campus had!

waynesburg university is a small campus where everyone is welcomed and accpected for who they are.

Shannon

Shannon, It is okay to not want to go straight into College right after High school. I wish I could tell you after everything, that you should go straight into college, but I can't. If you were to go straight into college you would not meet Bronson, who will end up being your husband and your best friend. You would not change jobs and learn to be a better person and meet lots of new people. And you would not have been able to go out on your own, learning to live as an adult and responsible person. I would like to tell you that college is the most important thing. But what I am going to tell you is that you are going to go when you are ready and when you are at that perfect time in your life when it is your turn to go for your dreams and chase what will be your future career.

Karl

the amount of service opportunities offered and the family feel from students and staff

I would tell myself to remember not to get too involved in activities because they may hinder my grades. The grades are the most important thing. DON'T PROCRASTINATE OR SLEEP THROUGH A CLASS!!!!! Simply that.

interested in drinking and partying, not willing to work for their classes, who wants to be near the city, not wanting to do community service/service learning.

kayla

My classmates are awesome. THey are very helpful in figuring things out and they are there when i need them. We are like a family here

If I could go back in time I would give myself alot of advice. First I would prepare myself more for colllege and study. I would especialy not procrastinate like I did in high school. As a senior I made alot of mistakes and it was a very emotional year for me. I would want to take all of it back and start over. I would also decide on a college alot faster then i did. I made my decision at the last minute which made things complicated. College was very difficult my first semester and it was becasue I did not prepare myself. I needed to take time on my papers, listen to what the teacher was saying and actaully understand what I was doing. Also I needed to study more in high school because at college that takes up most of your time. In high school i did not take many college classes and I wished I had. That way I would of saved alot of money. Overall, I needed to study, listen more in class and not procrastinate.

I think that everyone should attend this college. Anyone is welcomed here and there is not one person that should not be allowed to come here.

Neil

I like the small size because in the classroom the teachers know me by name, also because they acknowledge me outside of the classroom.

The biggest advice is to not stress out about the little things, everything will find a way to work out in the end. Also start to learn how to manage time now so that in college it becomes natural to do so. Always keep and open mind and be open to learning new things and meeting new people.

It is in a small old town so there is not alot of stuff to do in the town, but the drive to a bigger town isnt that far to find some place to hang out and have something to do.

Waynesburg University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.