Waynesburg, PA
Waynesburg University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Waynesburg University

Scott

I really enjoy how at Waynesburg, the Professors, Staff, Coaches, and Students, all make you feel welcome. The professors take time out to connect with the students and don't make you feel like just a "number".

If I was given the chance to go back in time to talk to myself I think I would tell myself, "Just live." In my first semester I let myself fall on my face; My grades were low to were I was flunking out of college, but I still would do it the same because that experience of things not being as easy as they were in high school changed me. It made me realize that I had to take more time to study and simply grow up in life. I think if I could say anything I would tell myself what my dad told me after my midterm grades; "College is about growing up and accepting new responsibilities, you don?t have to become an adult, but you have to do what is needed for this time period!" I really thought hard about that quote for the fallowing weeks of my semester. I realized that my growing up meant that I had to start accepting my faults and just live! To do the things that college requires, putting those hours of studying in, going to class, and still having time for fun.

I brag to my friends about all the activites that the school offers to give students the chance to adveneture out and meet new people while having a blast!

Jake

Waynesburg University is a diverse community of people seeking to find their calling, pursue excellence and make the world a better place.

The servant's heart that is at the core of Waynesburg's vision and mission.

Expect to completely redefine yourself. You have a calling in this life, to create new songs that speak hope and truth to the world and glorify God. You're going to be stretched and challenged beyond anything you have ever experienced. You just need to cling to your passions and never let go. God is going to mold you more and more into the man you are meant to be everyday. Hold fast to the faith, continue to strive for excellence in skill and in character. Just remember what the Bible says, "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." Romans 8:18

Tiffany

More concerned with partying than their futures.

More concerned with partying than their futures.

Look more carefully at the schools you've been accepted to. Don't run away from home--you'll realize how much you actually miss it someday. Choose a school that has a nice campus, good activities to be in, nice dorms, free laundry, good food and most importantly, a lot of parking spaces available!

What campus life was REALLY like--I wish I would have looked around more at the other colleges I was accepted to.

Christopher

I would tell myself to be prepared to have to balance my social life with my working and scholastic life even more than I had to in High School. There were many times in my freshman year that I wished I was more prepared for the workload of college and the lack of ability to have a social life. I would have told myself that I need to be able to balance what I do with my friends in equal amount with the things that I have to do for school.

I wish I had been more prepared for the conservative-type campus that it is. I am much more liberal than many of my classmates, and although I have found friends who share similar views, it is still a very conservative school.

Any person who defines themselves as a liberal should not attend this school. The viewpoints of the other students in the school are not quite as accepting of liberal students as they should be or even profess to be.

Patrick

it is a quiet older religious school. If you don't like the country life this is not the school for you to attend.

The main advice I would give to myself and live by is to start off on the right foot from day one in my freshman year. The years that I wasted by not studying and developing good study habits is affecting my college life now. I have to work ten times as hard as other students and I can spend weeks studying for a test and still not do well. I have also had to give up my summers of freedom and take summer sessions to bring up my gpa to be able to compete in football. In highschool my main objective was to have fun and play football, now that I am a junior in college I have seen the errors of my ways and if I could take that time back and have the chance to make a better student out of myself that is what I would do.

the advisors don't help out and it is hard to get an appointment with them, if you have a disability it is not like it was in high school

Kelsey

My school is very challenging and the number one school in Pennsylvania for nursing.

Being a high school senior, I would tell myself to be patient, don't be so anxious to go to college. First, you need to learn your own studying techniques, you will need them when you go to college. Second, you will need to put most of your time into studying. While I was in high school, I just wanted out. I wanted my freedom and new friends. I wish I would have focused more on my grades. If I have a class three hours a week, I study six hours a week for that class. My highschool did not teach me good study techniques, but I am getting the hang of it. I am doing almost better in nursing than I did in high school. I just want my dream job of being a nurse and being the best nurse that I can be.

The kind of person that should attend this school should be ready for a lot of work. The professors push you so that you get a good job to graduate. You should also have a strong religious backround.

Keisha

A small school that is growing, but yet is for the most part able to continue their commitment to help students.

Like any school there are some that are in it to succeed and others that are there to have a little more fun than they should have.

Just stay calm and everything will be alright. Remeber that during your high school years you had to study a little but more then middle school and the same will be true with college. Don't ever feel like you are not good enough, that you are not living upto your mom's standards. She has always supported you, but never told you that you have to do something a cetian way. You may feel like if you get a bad grade your letting her down but your not, will always support you no matter how much you feel like you are screwing up. Always remeber that no matter how hard it is you and your mom will make it. Don't let money, or the lack thereof, rule your life eaither. You have always helped your mom with money and she has and always will try to help you as well. Always remeber even if you don't have the money to go to school, continue to go. it will make you feel like a better person and it will make your mom so proud. She loves you and that will never change.

School spirit and overall friendly

School spirit and overall friendly

To have more options, visit many campuses to find what will suit you more. Not only academically, but with the surroundings and people.

I wish I would have known Waynesburg was more suited for me. I didn't apply right out of high school.

It is extremely pertinent to visit the colleges you are applying for before making a decision. The "right one" just has a certain feel to it. In order to make the most out of the college experience, students should major in something they are passionate about and be willing to go beyond the class requirements to make the most out of their education. Take advantage of the resources you are given!

Someone who has a strong faith and a desire to do well in school should attend. It is a very good college for someone who is enthusiastic about learning and willing to expand their education beyond the requirements of their classes. Activism for underpriveledged countries is a huge topic at Waynesburg, and it is very easy to get involved in community service as well.

This school is fairly friendly and accepting, however someone who is heavily into drugs or alcohol would probably not fit in. It is a christian school, and most students who attend are devout christians.

Most of my classmates have made it easy to get to know and like them with there kind-heartedness, joyfulness, and outgoing spirits!

I would advise students to look around at a variety of colleges that they think look appealing on paper first. The next step would be to visit the college campus'. Often a campus tour will give the student a good or bad feeling of whether or not that is the place for them. I also strongly suggest staying on an overnight visit at the school if it is offered. I chose Waynesburg University mostly becuase of my overnight experience, and it has proven to be the best school for me! Honestly, the visit just felt right. I think everyone gets that kind of peaceful feeling when something is meant to be. So, first follow your brain by choosing schools that make since for your educational goals, religious affiliations, financial needs, location, etc and then follow your heart to narrow it down to that one perfect school for you. And parents, let your kids decide. By this age most really do know what they are looking for in a school. Trust their judgement and love them from a distance. They are growing up.

The worst thing about my school is the meal plan. The food is decent, but very repetative. There is a variety of stations to get your food at but they seem to change very little. After eating the same food over and over again it becomes blan. The meal plan swipe card system is also very strict and does not allow you to carry over meals, or eat more than once even when you have already payed for the meals upfront. Many of the the food service staff are not very pleasent either.

Waynesburg University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.