Waynesburg University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Waynesburg University

Holly

I love the smaller campus, as it is easy to go from class to class. Class size is perfect and allows for one-on-one help from professors. People and staff are nice. Professors are very professional. The food gets boring after a while, but there are nice places to eat in town.

Shy

It's small and quaint, and a good place to learn while meeting almost everyone. The academic programs are superb. Professors are always available and eager to help in any way. The food is terrible, but the education I receive makes up for it. I also like the Christian aspect of the campus. It's a dry campus, but there are plenty of opportunities to go out. It's overall a good place, and I like it.

Elena

For the most part this school is good. It is a small campus, but it feels so homey and not too confining. I love the small class sizes, it makes it easier to get to know people, and your professor. The professors are all nice and really good at their jobs. However if you aren't a nursing or criminal justice major the resources for students are not that great. I've had classes that I need to graduate cancelled because not enough people signed up for them or because a professor couldn't be found to teach the class. The on-campus housing could be more affordable, and so could the meal plans, but they do give a lot of financial aid to students. They are adding a Chick-Fil-A and a convenience store to the campus next year which is nice, but they really should build another cafeteria with healthier foods. The Student Activities Board always has fun events planned, most of which are free, and some with reduced prices for students. There are so many clubs to join, and bible studies too. Chapel is not required, but it is nice to go to. There are free counselors or tutors if you need them.

It is a great college for students who are not drinkers or partiers because it is a dry campus. This college does encourage students to follow their faith in Christ.

Waynesburg University is a relatively small, but comfortable and friendly university. The campus is of decent size, and the student population is around 1,500. The academic, sports and arts communities feature quality over quantity. There are some unique groups to get involved with on campus, but they are not always advertised, therefore you may have to go looking for them. The most popular departments are nursing and communications. The party scene on campus is kept small and hushed, but there are parties typically every weekend. It's about who you know that will get you "in" to the parties - typically the students within the sports and communications departments. Overall, I would rate WU a 4/5. There is not much to complain about regarding this University.

Heidi

Waynesburg University is a smaller school located in just south of Pittsburgh, PA. Waynesburg sits at the top of the hill in town, with the chapel as the site to see. You are never at a lack of exercise, however, you will always feel out of breath by the time you make it to the top of Buhl hill. The dorms are beautiful, and the views are as well. We may not have had the best sports teams, aside from cross country and track and field, but most teams were welcoming of newer players. I would recommend WU to anyone looking for a Christian university in a smaller town (with a lot to do near by), and who wants to have a place where they will most definitely make friends for life. If they have your major, it is worth checking out. WU is beautiful most of the year, and aside from the rain and imperfect food, it is a lovely place to get a degree. Professors are quality and will strive to push you to be your best, and WU's knack for service is uncanny. WU will definitely build your resume. While there are always negative things to say, I think that if you find a place in which you belong and can call home for four years, the good most definitely outweighs the bad (even the bad food).

Susan

I love my school. The culture is respectful and friendly, and the weekly chapel services and other campus ministry opportunities are amazing. Since it's small, everyone knows their classmates and professors. Cliche as it sounds, Waynesburg really is a family, and it's a family I'm very proud to be a part of. I strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a great education at a small liberal arts university.

Cora

Waynesburg University is a wonderful college with a beautiful campus. The atmosphere around the campus is really warm and welcoming to all. The professors are professional. but willing to help when a student reaches out to them. The student board also makes sure there is always something to do.

Donald

It's a great environment, all the students are lovely and always try to keep you involved. The town itself could be better but what are you gonna do they were raised that way. I hope to complete my 4 year there on time. And further my religious side.

Waynesburg University is a school where students can grow and seek an incredible future for themselves. Ultimately, this is a wonderful place to be for academics, friends, extracurriculars, and so much more.

Nicholas

Waynesburg University is an excellent school for the right kind of student. A small, private, Christian-affiliated school, Waynesburg is perfect for students whose main goal is to learn in a focused environment. It is a dry campus, and there is no Greek Life, so partying is kept off of campus, although Morgantown and Pittsburgh are both a short drive away. While students whose primary reasons for attending college are "social" rather than educational will likely be happier elsewhere, the University organizes on and off campus events from outdoor movies to shows and professional sporting events in Pittsburgh at remarkably affordable rates. Students will have the opportunity to know their professors on a personal level, and the faculty is more focused on undergraduate teaching than is the case at large research universities. Furthermore, programs like the Bonner Scholars, who commit themselves to community service, and the Stover Center for Constitutional Studies and Moral Leadership, offer truly unique educational opportunities.

Erika

Waynesburg University is very unique for its size. With less than 2,000 students, the university has a surprising number of extracurricular options. While the town of Waynesburg does not offer a vast array of options, the university is located within driving distance of many appealing attractions, including, but not limited to Pittsburgh, Ohiopyle, Morgantown and Wheeling. The campus population is very community focused, offering many volunteer opportunities, both domestically and abroad. I hold Waynesburg's professors in high regard. The interpersonal interaction students receive is second to none. In my time at Waynesburg I had the option to call most, if not all of my professors at home or on their cell phones if I needed anything at all. Faculty, staff and coaches stress that students athletes are "students first," but Jacket pride still runs deep in the hearts of the students. The housing options are quite appealing; even the traditional freshman dorms are not dreadful. I truly enjoyed the experience and education Waynesburg University had to offer.

paige

I enjoyed my overall experience. The curriculum for any major is fantastic, always challenging every individual. You will not just float or sleep through you major here. The atmosphere of the campus is what first attracted me and has also kept me on the campus.

I like the majority of the professors. I think that Waynesburg University needs to focus on hiring more professors especially in the science departments. A lot of professors try their best to be available but sometimes they're overrun with other responsibilities that should be given to another one or two full time professor(s). Also, the university needs to focus less on sports, especially since we are last in D3, and allocate more money to academics. There's no reason that professors should be worried about not being able to show us skills that we will need in our careers or that the science department budgets are the same amount of money from two decades ago. Most of the problems I have with the university are at the higher levels. Professors and majority of students are amazing to be around and talk to and everyone tries to help in some way or another

Waynesburg University is a good place for a student wishing to become closely involved with other students. Waynesburg University is also a place to delve into one's faith. However, Waynesburg University is lacking is areas such as student compensation such as wages for work/study programs and for general strictness.

Waynesburg University is truly amazing and I am so excited to go there next fall. I am currently enrolled in Waynesburg and can not wait to start my college experience. Everything is great at the university from the dorms to the classrooms. The teachers for the major I am pursuing actually have experienced what they are teaching and have been in jobs related to their topics so it adds to the hands-on experience. Another great thing is sports. The coach for the sport I am going into actually cares about his athletes and checks up on all of us to make sure we are all doing our best. Waynesburg is the absolute best.

Ciara

Waynesburg University is a fantastic school. I chose this school for the nursing program. We are rated number 2 in the nation for nursing programs. IT is a small knit community and there is ALWAYS things to do on campus. The professors are always accessible and the classes are very small.