Weatherford, TX
Weatherford College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Weatherford College

Destiny

Weatherford College is a great school academic and sports wise. There are so many things that are available to you on campus. The professors on campus do their very best to help you succeed in the class room as well as in life. You will have a great experience here if you attend this school.

Demetrius

I just moved here from Seattle WA an was very happy with the campus their are lots of things to keep you. busy. The staff was great an very helpful, they were eager to help make sure I had everything needed to start. I'm excited to begin my future at weatherford college

MaKenna

Most of the students that go to school at weatherford wise co. are basically "home bodies" we still live with our parents. But some of us have our reasonings of that. For instance, I live with my mother while I can to save up money for all my college years to come med school is a pretty penny, and coming from a single parent who is a teacher is not going to pay for my school so I am doing everything I can to get money just to pay for school.

I have no problem with any of the people at my school. You get to know every one and you get really close to them no matter what the racial type is. Most kids wear running shorts and a t-shirt to school. We like to be comfortable while we sit in the classes.

My favorite class would have to be science. My least favorite class would have to be english. At weatherford our biggest class is 25 people. The students at weatherford are some competitive and some not. A lot of them just wanna get a study group together and all make a good grade on everything. I am in pre med right now and getting my basics done at a smaller college. Then I will transfer to a bigger school and get my doctorate in cardiology. I have always wanted to be a doctor all my life and now I am trying to achieve my goal. No I do not spend time with my college professors, but my motor is a teacher and the school i went to and i just call my old teachers if i need any help with home work or even if I just need to talk to them and get some things off my mind. My old science and math teacher told me when I graduated high school to keep them in touch with me and tell them how I'm doing.

Eder

My school is small but very affordable.

My school is small but very affordable.

My classmates small town people, that are pursuing their careers the best they can.

I would advise myself to pursue to attend a larger university and apply for as many scholarships as possible. I also would encourage myself to take risks and to send out applications to many more schools in hopes of broadening my views on education. Knowing what I know now, I would also ensure myself that college is not only a path to higher education, but also an experience worth cherishing and an adventure thats priceless.

Shalie

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself to start applying for scholarships earlier, to take my SAT as many times as I could, and to have gone to an University first. The reasons I say these things are, I waited entirely too long to start applying for scholarships. This left me with few scholarships and not very much money for school. College is extremely expensive, I do not make enough money at my minimum wage job to pay for my college classes. When talking about my SAT, I realize now that I waited too long to take the test. So by the time scholarship applications were due, I didnt have my scores back yet. I should have started taking my SAT my junior year to ensure the best grade that I could get. I wish I would have gone to an University first because I would have had that real freshman experience. I wouldn't still be depending on mom and dad. I would have gone out and made new friends and learned how to do things on my own.

They do not offer as many classes as i thought they did.

Kristen

Weatherford is really known academically. The professors here are really hands on and close with the students. I have had a lot of help throughout my experience here. The professors have good office hours and are always available for you. They will email and communicate with you very easily. But you do have to think about that they do have families and other things outside of classses but will get back with you as soon as they can. THey are very helpful in the classroom. They are pretty known for baseball and softball in the sports areas though.

A big thing is to make an outline for all your work. It is easy to think you have time for assignments when you don't have as much as you think. Don't procastinate as much because you will end up getting a heavy work load and stress yourself out. Don't be afraid to engage yourself and talk with the professors.

I don't really have anything that i would have to say that is bad about Weatherford college.

Leslee

Me as a senior, I thought that college was going to be this fun, easy flowing school. No it was not. I would of told myself "Leslee, you know you'll need to make good grades and discipline yourself. College is not the time and place to have fun. You can't walk around and just communicate to people and skip classes with friends." Even though I didn't do that in High School and not now, even though sometimes I might want to. "College, is like a job. You have to work at it to make it better. If not you will never succeed." One of my college professor's quoted " In order to succeed you got to believe you will exceed." How I took that quote was this, you got to believe in yourself that you can achieve anything. Even if sometimes you might not believe you can, but you got to stay positive in yourself to believe in order to succeed. So I close this advice by saying, "college can be a great life for you Leslee, just got to stay positive in yourself."

The worst thing about Weatherford College, is the atmosphere. What I mean by that, is it's like being back in High School. There are groups, such as the popular, nerds and so forth. I don't believe in groups like that. Everyone should be qualified as equal to one another. Yes, some people might not be up to your standards, but that doesn't mean treat them differently.

Well if your not rich you get criticized. What I mean by that is like, not wearing named brand clothing, dirty clothes, look all out of place and different. Like I said above I believe in treating everyone equal. It's just most of the people up here are very rude.

Brandon

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself a few things. Number one is to never shy away from a challenge, whether it be a challenging class or the decision to attend a school farther away from home that would further my education. The more challenging the class the more you get out of it and you will be able to say you overcame the challenge. I would also tell myself to decide on a major earlier on so I could have taken the classes I need planed how I am going to get my degree quicker. I should have transfered schools earlier and goten on track for my degree quicker. Its better to make a decision and stand by it than to wait to see if your mind will change. You need to comit to something and pour yourself into it.

I believe the best thing about my school is the class sizes. The classes are small in size which I really like. The most people I have had in a class is 30. I have had classes where by the end of the semester there are just 8 people. The teachers in the smaller classes are really helpfull. They are very aproachable and challenge each one of us to strive to reach our full potential.

The most frustraiting thing about my school is the lack of technical classes. I am a Civil Engineering major and alot of the classes I need for my major are not offered. The classes that I do need are only offered once a year with just one class being offered. They often meet at the same time as another one of my required courses is offered. My school is not very helpfull for people who chose to major in Engineering of any kind.

Shelby

Dear Self, Take studying more seriously because every grade counts. Waiting till the last minute only puts one farther behind. Don't fear the ACT or SAT; it is just a measuring stick. Don't let a number keep you from trying your best! Sign up for classes early and find the ISBN to each needed textbook. Find the textbooks on-line because paying full price for a college book will sometimes cost more than the course itself. Talk to the person beside you in class or in line; they may just be your next best friend. Talk to your parents. Listen to what they say; they are smarter than believed. Get to school early; its the only way to get a good parking space. Always keep spare change in your car console; hot chocolate from the cafeteria can go a long way to making a rough day much smoother. Yesterday I was a child, today I'm a college student...maybe tomorrow I will be a grown-up but until then, I will enjoy being me today.

Hot chocolate in the cafeteria and my teachers care about me!

The campus is on a hill so going from class to class is always uphill.

Heather

From the research that I have done on their college compared to others they have an Equine Production and Management Associates that rivals the four year Equine Science programs offered by some colleges when it comes to offering equine specific classes.

I would advise myself to study harder for the Economics and Government AP Exams so as to get those hours as well. I would also have advised myself to go to Weatherford College first instead of Tarrant County College so that I would be farther along in my Equestrian studies rather than just starting them a year and a half after graduating from high school. I would also advise myself to have studied harder for my SAT's because at some colleges you can get scholerships based on your SAT scores if they are high enough.

I wish that I had known about more about CLEP Tests.

Weatherford College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.