Weatherford College Top Questions

Eder

I would advise myself to pursue to attend a larger university and apply for as many scholarships as possible. I also would encourage myself to take risks and to send out applications to many more schools in hopes of broadening my views on education. Knowing what I know now, I would also ensure myself that college is not only a path to higher education, but also an experience worth cherishing and an adventure thats priceless.

Shalie

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself to start applying for scholarships earlier, to take my SAT as many times as I could, and to have gone to an University first. The reasons I say these things are, I waited entirely too long to start applying for scholarships. This left me with few scholarships and not very much money for school. College is extremely expensive, I do not make enough money at my minimum wage job to pay for my college classes. When talking about my SAT, I realize now that I waited too long to take the test. So by the time scholarship applications were due, I didnt have my scores back yet. I should have started taking my SAT my junior year to ensure the best grade that I could get. I wish I would have gone to an University first because I would have had that real freshman experience. I wouldn't still be depending on mom and dad. I would have gone out and made new friends and learned how to do things on my own.

A big thing is to make an outline for all your work. It is easy to think you have time for assignments when you don't have as much as you think. Don't procastinate as much because you will end up getting a heavy work load and stress yourself out. Don't be afraid to engage yourself and talk with the professors.

Leslee

Me as a senior, I thought that college was going to be this fun, easy flowing school. No it was not. I would of told myself "Leslee, you know you'll need to make good grades and discipline yourself. College is not the time and place to have fun. You can't walk around and just communicate to people and skip classes with friends." Even though I didn't do that in High School and not now, even though sometimes I might want to. "College, is like a job. You have to work at it to make it better. If not you will never succeed." One of my college professor's quoted " In order to succeed you got to believe you will exceed." How I took that quote was this, you got to believe in yourself that you can achieve anything. Even if sometimes you might not believe you can, but you got to stay positive in yourself to believe in order to succeed. So I close this advice by saying, "college can be a great life for you Leslee, just got to stay positive in yourself."

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself a few things. Number one is to never shy away from a challenge, whether it be a challenging class or the decision to attend a school farther away from home that would further my education. The more challenging the class the more you get out of it and you will be able to say you overcame the challenge. I would also tell myself to decide on a major earlier on so I could have taken the classes I need planed how I am going to get my degree quicker. I should have transfered schools earlier and goten on track for my degree quicker. Its better to make a decision and stand by it than to wait to see if your mind will change. You need to comit to something and pour yourself into it.

Dear Self, Take studying more seriously because every grade counts. Waiting till the last minute only puts one farther behind. Don't fear the ACT or SAT; it is just a measuring stick. Don't let a number keep you from trying your best! Sign up for classes early and find the ISBN to each needed textbook. Find the textbooks on-line because paying full price for a college book will sometimes cost more than the course itself. Talk to the person beside you in class or in line; they may just be your next best friend. Talk to your parents. Listen to what they say; they are smarter than believed. Get to school early; its the only way to get a good parking space. Always keep spare change in your car console; hot chocolate from the cafeteria can go a long way to making a rough day much smoother. Yesterday I was a child, today I'm a college student...maybe tomorrow I will be a grown-up but until then, I will enjoy being me today.

I would advise myself to study harder for the Economics and Government AP Exams so as to get those hours as well. I would also have advised myself to go to Weatherford College first instead of Tarrant County College so that I would be farther along in my Equestrian studies rather than just starting them a year and a half after graduating from high school. I would also advise myself to have studied harder for my SAT's because at some colleges you can get scholerships based on your SAT scores if they are high enough.