Weber State University

« See more reviews of Weber State University

The school does a poor job of informing you of requirements that need to be fulfilled. You find out about them much later when you're trying to do something else and then suddenly they tell you that you still have other things that haven't been done yet. I transfered to the school and got into one of their programs but for the longest time I wasn't apparently even accepted to the school and found out once I tried applying for the scholarship. By the time everything got worked out I was late in applying for the scholarship.

The Parking on campus is the worst. I live less than a minute away from campus and i have to leave 45 minutes before class just so i can get a parking spot, anywhere. I usually have to park the furthest away from my classes which then leaves me about 15 minutes of walking time. I recently got a ticket for "Parking out of stall" and believe there SHOULD have been a parking stall there in the first place. I am appealing this citation for that specific reason. Parking is the worst.

Students show up in the morning and go to work at night. I am less agreeable to Weber because there is no "college experience." There are no awesome homecoming events, the only dorms are so far off that only the people who live there know where they are. There is no real sense that you can work, play, and live here.; rather you commute here. Your purpose here is to go through the motions, get your grades, pay off your college and hope you get a career.

Weber State is a very small school compared to other Universities in the world. It's basically a commuter school, where all your teachers will get to know u because of the small, manajable, class sizes which can even facilatate one on one attention by a student. The school is also located in a very good environmentally suited area, away from the hustle and bustle along with other distractions such as popular hang out spots like bars and casinos.

Parking. It's very difficult to find a parking space during the day here! They are working on getting more space for parking, but at the moment you have to get there early to get a spot or park further and further away. The smaller campus size however makes walking easier, but still more parking is a necessity at this campus now.

What I consider to be the worst thing about my school is the lack of organizations and clubs. There are only a handful of active clubs, and honestly, there is very little social and community involvement. Perhaps I should stop complaining about the lack of clubs, and just go and organize one myself.

Weber State University, because it is considered a smaller school than many of the other major Top of Utah universities, offers only a few Masters studies, although the ones they do offer are very well qualified and accepted nationwide.

The worst thing about Weber State University is that people treat it as if it is a school they only went to because they could afford none other. It is as if I am in high school all over again; the maturity level is on the lower-scale.

While the humanities department is very helpful, the business college does not help students when it comes to accomodating specific situations... It may as well be run by a calculator and a rule book rather than people.

I would consider the worst thing about my school to be the parking situation. If you spend $80 to get a W parking pass, it's rare to find parking between 8:30 A.M to 11:30 P.M., when I actually need to park.