Weber State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Weber State University

Laurel

Weber State University is affordable, culturally diverse, and full of opportunities. The teachers try their hardest to help students learn, and there are many resources available to help struggling students. There's plenty of quiet places to study, both indoors and outdoors. The food is...pretty good. It's got nothing on what my mom and dad can cook, but my mom and dad are both phenomenal cooks so I'm a little spoiled when it comes to food anyway. The Wildcat store has nearly everything you need, from school and office supplies to laptops and tablets to textbooks to hygiene products to organizational help, and even snacks to eat on the go. There's loads of clubs; if you have any interests at all, you're almost guaranteed to find a club that fills your niche. The performing arts department is phenomenal. They frequently host job fairs to help students find more ways to pay for tuition. They've got a plethora of student housing options. Every student has access to free healthcare, free public transportation, and so much more.

Laura

Weber is a nice alternative to both the University of Utah and Brigham Young University. It’s not ultra-conservative like the Y, and it’s not nearly as expensive as the U. There is a lot of diversity among the students as well. There are a lot of international students, as well as POC. Although there is a decent LDS presence, it is not constantly shoved into your face. Most of the students I’ve spoken to are either agnostic or LDS. Not having to abide by a dress code or “honor code” is ideal and allows for freedom of expression, both within and outside of the classroom. The teachers are friendly and most are easy to find during their office hours. Class sizes are relatively small. There are several satellite campuses throughout the state, with the Davis Campus in Layton also hosting the NUAMES Early College high school students. The most common complaint about Weber State University, at least at the Ogden campus, is the limited amount of parking. It’s nearly impossible to find parking on the main campus if you arrive between the hours of 8:30 am and 2pm. Many students end up parking blocks away and hoofing it to class. And parking services is ruthless with their ticketing. Weber State is built into the side of a literal mountain, so there are about 10,000 stairs. You’ll definitely get your steps in every day here.

remi

Weber State is a wonderful school. They have amazing professors and faculty. They have awesome views. They have advanced technology that makes studying and learning you're major much easier. They also provide a lot of financial aid. They are overall a wonderful school.

Sariah

I love it there! It is a very nice community that allows everyone to feel included. There are a lot of opportunities and ways to get involved in student life. It is an extremely safe school and there are amazing therapists/counselors on campus that are ready and willing to help.

Abish

I enjoy Weber state, it is a very diversed school and the teachers do show that they want us students to achieve our goals. The cool thing about the school taht since its on mountion terrain there is a bunch of walking, which I enjoy cause I get leg muscles. The facilities are amazing and are easy to get to. Overall I enjoy this school.

Morgan

Weber State is a great choice for continuing education. There are many different options for whatever field you would like to do, or if you still don't know, there are classes for that too. The new Tracy Hall building is great for science majors. It boasts new laboratories and has an open floor plan that lets light into every room of the building, which is great for those of us that spend so much time inside there.

chelsey

I have loved Weber State overall the feeling that I have while there is very calming. The classes that I have had while there have been very helpful and there are plenty of resources that are at your disposal. There is a great sense of community and students really come together!

Lindsay

I think it is a great school, maybe not the best ever, but it is great and has a lot to offer its students.

I am in the Weber State Radiography program and I love it! Most of my time is dedicated to education. My professors are very involved and work with me to ensure my success! My fellow students in the program are dedicated just like me and we help each other to make sure we all succeed and obtain our goals.

Laura

I think overall Weber State is a great place to get an education, especially is you are just starting off. They have a very welcoming environment and they are located in convenient places. They have good professors who are willing to help you.

Mim

I love Weber State! I have loved my classes so far and the professors are great. The university offers so many cool services that are so helpful. It is clean at the school and I always feel safe walking around. I would recommend everyone to attend Weber!

Brooke

Weber is a decent school. Overall it has some amazing programs and others that could use some love. There is a huge push for community and fun. It's up to date making most things accessible online. This school does have much to offer the average student.

Richard

The class sizes are perfect, and there is a hands on approach in almost all the classes. The professors are accessible and engaged. The student portal (canvas) is more intuitive then student portals for other colleges I have been enrolled at. My experience at Weber State has been very positive.

Alexandra

I really enjoyed the classes at WSU but the student life is lacking. Many do not attend sporting events or any other extracurricular activities, I also feel the lack of student involvement. Overall the campus is beautiful and the professors were always avaliable with a small class size and I enjoyed attending WSU.

I love Weber State University! It is a melting pot of diverse students culturally and life status-wise. It is a "stay-at-home" school, which means a majority of the population commutes every day. We have a lot of non-traditional students; parents and older adults coming back to finish or continue their education. The student population is full of wonderful people. The faculty is always nice and very willing to help out where needed. The ones I've met are passionate about helping students get through education and love it. It is a wonderful school for a wonderful price.

Aubriana

Weber State is located in Ogden, Utah which is about 30 minutes from Salt Lake City. Ogden is a city with a small town vibe. There are amazing restaurants, hip shops, and tons of outdoors adventures to be had. Weber is close to three ski resorts perfect for those that enjoys winter sports. In the summer, there are two lakes nearby along with hiking trails, parks, and much more. Weber State is located at the base of the mountains which makes for a gorgeous campus with an impeccable view. The campus is relatively compact which makes it easy to go travel between classes. You can reach any building on campus by walking and can go from one end to the other in ten minutes or less. We have a newly renovated gym and they are also in the process of constructing a new science and engineering building. The professors are top-notch and we have the widest variety of majors/minors of any Utah university. We have nationally recognized nursing, automotive, and engineering programs. Weber is a commuter school which means there are less extracurricular activities however, there are many fun clubs and organizations to join. Overall, Weber State University is a great school and there is something here for everyone.

I am majoring in social work and English. I find the school does not work well with class scheduling, especially for upper division. I find that class times are not variable, which can be hard with work and other classes. Professors in one of majors like to press their ideas onto us, only allowing for one opinion: theirs. I find this aggravating because the texts studied have multiple meanings, yet if we don't figure out the professors' meaning then we are wrong. There is not much movement for creativity and branching out. The programs are good. I feel like professors are teaching to push their ideas onto us more than teach us concrete material. For my other major I find the professors more energetic and teach by textbooks and by concrete material. However, the advisors can be hard to reach and do not do much to help students. They can know the route you are taking, when you want to graduate, yet do not help inform of classes and when you have to take them and certain prerequisites nor do they tell you about when or how to go about internships. My advisor has not helped me much. I usually try to meet with him/her during the semester or touch base through email, but I still find myself not fully in the loop and figure stuff out from other students within the program. I think Weber is a good school, but I don't feel like it interacts well with the students and that we are always missing something until the last minute: that includes scholarship offices and applying for degrees: associate, bachelors, etc. I also don't feel like I have any information on graduate school or where to take myself after I get my bachelors.

Becca

Weber State University excels in both academics and campus life. It is a much smaller school compared to other universities, but there are still plenty of ways to get involved and opportunities for growth. Small class sizes allow closer relationships with both students and professors. The instructors here are very helpful and understanding and are great at helping with their students' needs. There is a place for everyone here, and the friendly environment and beautiful campus keeps bringing me back.

Kiana

its a good school but not great, the area is absolutely gorgeous being right by the mountains with easy access to canyons, trails, and places to rock climb. The professors are wonderful and very helpful, they really seem like they want everyone to exceed while also providing the adult level of respect that I really appreciate. However, WSU's advisers are not very helpful. No matter what department they seem uninterested in finding the best solution for students when they have questions or problems. Luckily most students and professors will help you but sometimes and adviser is who you really need to talk to.

jasmine

I really enjoy Weber State University. I have only attended this University but am very impressed how helpful the staff is. When ever I need any help or have questions not only the staff but the other students are more than happy to guide me around. I am a first generation student but Weber State has made the transition into college life pain free and easy!

Caroline

The very first step to getting to classes is to avoid the geese. They live on campus year round, and they enjoy biting and chasing students. I have learned that using the well-planned Utah Transit Authority bus routes, allows for you to skillfully avoid these confrontations. It also doesn't hurt that the UTA passes are free for students. Weber State is the best school I have ever been too. The class sizes are small enough to allow for deep discussion, but large enough to allow for socialization. The campus itself all but forces students to interact with one another. There are spaces littered about campus that allow for semi-public conversations with any number of students. Come join the Wildcats!

Brooke

Weber State is a great place to go for small class sizes, cheap tuition, and pretty all-right professors. On the other-side of things, there is no social life at all. If you did not go to high-school around here, good luck making any friends. This is a great stepping stone school for fresh out of high-school students but would recommend on planning to transfer eventually. The campus is always clean and safe but the surrounding city isn't somewhere you would want to walk around alone. On-campus living is more expensive than tuition so plan on living off-campus, which isn't too hard to find a place. Over-all Weber may not be the best school in Utah but it sure is not the worst.

Nathaniel

Its a great school to learn and study. You can decide to have a great time or live a party life but most choose to study and great career. Many students have a hard time getting involved because they are not as outgoing, I find that it is not too difficult because of my personality. If you are outgoing, you will find outgoing people

Great School, I live off campus. But people are so amazing. So many resources on campus. The food really good at some places, They have the best taco salads. They have Daily deals as well and tax free if you load it to a dining card! The Nontraditional Student Center and their peer mentors are super amazing. I have a place where I feel like I belong!

Kennady

Weber State allows me to be who I want to be, as well as find and learn things outside of my major. I am a current Early College student and my ability to feel safe with adults is a great accomplishment. I highly enjoy the possible activities, the multiple campuses and my ability to venture. Weber supplies all students, early college or not with a bus pass to get out and explore. Teachers are kind and friendly and they often respond right away, and the testing center is always nice and there to help. Weber has allowed me to get a higher education, and without it, I wouldn't be able to do what I do, and study what I love.

Skylar

I love Weber State University. A lot of people give it grieve because they say it is just a commuter college for moms, but its way more than that. Weber has so many younger generation students, and so much student involvement at sporting events, clubs, campus activities, etc.. I believe Weber may be on of the most diverse schools available. They have tons of degree options and elective courses available so that everyone can have the awesome college experience they want. Weber is versatile, more advanced than people think, and overall just a great school for anyone to attend.

Madison

I think it's a pretty good school. Most of the professors are really involved with not only teaching but students succeeding. And teaching information we can take away from the class. The classes have you participate and test your knowledge to see how they can make it grow. All in all its a really great school.

Rebecca

I love attending Weber State. The professors are worthwhile and understandable at individual circumstances. Testing Centers and other facilities are kept clean and are fast moving. Academic programs are great and allow you to get involved in the programs more. Great school! Would attend for all four years if my program was offered. I enjoyed every minute at Weber State University.

Christina

I love Weber State University. It is a very clean and uplifting environment to learn. Teachers are very helpful and willing to meet needs. The programs are well organized. The teachers teach to all learner types and use different teaching styles to help students. Weber State University offers excellent student support.

Regan

I love Weber State University. There is a very peaceful atmosphere and the students are wonderful. The facilities are also extremely convenient and well built. My favorite building is the Wildcat Center where all of the campus recreation happens. At football games, the student section can get WILD!

Rylie

Weber State is a beautiful school to attend. The Campus is located on one of the many breathtaking Utahan mountain ranges, the professors were always proactively reaching out to students and spending one on one time with us to better understand our needs in the class room. The administration could have spent a little more time outreaching and finding us the resources we could have or could use. It is a great school and easy to get into. Worth it.

Emma

I grew up in the area around Weber State University, so when I started attending it was like I was still in high school. A lot of the classes were just as challenging as my high school classes, and most of them were set up the same way. Although the school provides a lot of opportunities for their students I didn't see myself there. After a couple of semesters there I decided to transfer to a different school.

Ashlyn

I didn't go to Weber State University. I go to Weber Innovation Center for concurrent enrollment. I have gone to Weber State University for softball and visit the art gallery. Their sport is not big but it is Division 1. The art gallery is very creative with yarn art, paint, black and white photo, and many arts.

whitney

When you ask a Weber State student where they attend school, most say, "Just Weber". Many people know Weber State as just a commuter college, where students go because it is close to home. While this may be true for some, I have met people that come to Weber from other states and other countries and I can assure you that they don't believe that they are going to "just Weber". They come from Saudi Arabia, Arizona, California, Africa and Japan. All because they want a better education and they chose Weber State above the rest. Weber is special, there is an air of positivity and acceptance when you walk onto that campus, there is so much happiness and love there. There are many programs and activities to get involved in on campus, making Weber a fun and diverse school. Whenever you come to Weber you will see everyone sporting Weber State gear, because we love the college that we are attending! Even the teachers love it here and they are always there and willing to help their students, sometimes even giving out their personal cell phone number so that you can always contact them about whatever you need. They also love getting to know their students and make every one feel welcome and wanted. This is why I will always choose Weber State, because we are diverse, accepting, caring and fun place to be if you want to grow as a person and expand your mind.

A

I believe WSU is a really great place to attend as a first time college or for continued education. There is plenty of diversity, the location feels safe, the teachers are amazing, and the people here are all pretty friendly. It's a great place to learn, and the staff here wants to help get you the future you want.

Breanne

The small class sizes and accessible professors make it an amazing school. I would recommend it to a friend. We may be a commuter school that lacks some of the partying student life that you would find at different schools, but I love it here. I do wish parking was better though!

Hanalee

I have loved the courses that I have taken at Weber State University. My favorite part concerning my educational experience are their Testing Centers, it allows you the independence to take your tests within the week that they're open. The teachers are committed to helping us, the students, to understand the concepts that they are teaching.

Emma

I think it is a great school. I was able to take some CE courses at my high school and that was very helpful. It has so many opportunities and activities going on that there is always something to do. There is a place for everyone. This school is looking out for your education and is willing to help you every step of the way.

Erica

Weber State University is an overall excellent school. The average class size is very small, which allows you to have a closer relationship with your classmates and professor. In my college experience professors are usually always available or at the least very timely in getting a response back to you. My favorite aspect of Weber State since I have been admitted to my major program is that the students all work together. Peers are always offering help if you struggle with a topic in class and they also offer great insights on ideas. I don't feel like school is a chore or a task and I am never uncomfortable because school feels almost like a family. This has created such a great experience for me and I am truly satisfied with my experience here. The only thing I can complain about is that the extra-curricular department of the school is lacking. There could be more opportunities and participation from students in extra-curricular activities.

I would say that the overall atmosphere of the college is quite well connected and everyone interacts with each other. They have the community college feel, but have the academics of a 4-year university that is a bigger school and campus. They have many, many clubs that encompass all sorts of interests; from greek, to writing, to art, to science, to acting, to history, to math, to sororities, to just about anything you can think of.

Gabrielle

I love Weber! It is a beautiful campus with great facilities for the students and faculty. I personally love the fitness center, it's HUGE and updated. If you have time in between classes or want to go after, there are awesome short hikes right above the campus. Sometimes there are deer grazing on campus in the morning, so that's always fun to see! They also have ongoing activities and other gatherings for students to get involved in. The professors are very friendly and always willing to work with the students. Most classes are smaller, which really helps the professor to be able to help each student individually. They also have great food choices right on campus, so you don't have to travel far to find a good bite to eat.

Tristan

I love the school I am at right now. I have been to another University in the same state, but this institution has been a lot easier to navigate. I am very happy I transferred to Weber State.

Shaylie

Weber State is great! I like the small class sizes and the accessibility of the professors. I live off campus and am only on campus for a couple hours during the week, but the campus typically is very clean and nice. I recently transferred to Weber from another school and am having a great experience.

Yolanda

It’s a great school they offer tons of scholarships and really great housekeeping service for the dorms also really flexible meal plans , I do strongly encourage more malls around Ogden but it’s still great around there ! There is lots of great activities for upcoming freshmen everything in the process is extremely helpful information the ambassadors are great too they love to get to know the students who got accepted ! , I really did enjoy how green and beautiful the campus is , very small yet cool vibes student life is just great because they encourage smoke free campus , as an international student I strongly encourage applying for scholarships do set up a goal to get help financially ! Is very important , anything counts , they do help you sign up for work study and have different buildings adequately based on the career and students in a class are no longer than 2 hours

Erin

Weber State is a great place to be. It is an incredible environment to be in, and the professors are amazing. The school spirit we have is great. if you ever have a chance to go to a game, do it. The campus is beautiful, we have ducks and geese that have made our campus their home.

Acee

Weber State University is a great, basic college. It offers a variety of programs from engineering to nursing to business as well as various art degrees. There is also a lot of diversity in the people who attend this college. Most are right out of high school but there are people in there 30s, 40s, 50s, and even 60s as well as people from all over the world. WSU does not have a "party" atmosphere. It focuses more on education and professional environments. Weber State really is great, great, great!

Oliver

Weber State is a good, but not outstanding, university. It is great as a stepping stone for taking cheap classes, getting a good GPA, and transferring to another, more prestigious institution. The school is very much for people who are there to learn. Don't come here to party.

Maddison

Weber State in an amazing school that provides many learning opportunities for their students. The staff is aware and involved in making sure students get the best education possible. There are so many clubs and groups that there is something for everyone so everyone can get involved. Not to mention tuition rates are very affordable. Go Wildcats!

Serena

Weber State is a wonderful school to attend. I have been attending since 2011 (with a break for a mission). I love the surrounding area; the mountains are amazing! They have many options for degrees and plenty of people to advise you on degree paths and future career opportunities.

Kendra

I love Weber State! The school is the perfect size for people who want a great education and experience with their instructors! The advisers care about getting you through college with the right classes rather than taking classes that will just help them get money! It is an amazing school!!