Weber State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Weber State University

Joshua

My favorite thing about Weber State is they want to make everything easy and accessible. They have hosted and made available many wonderful opportunities that have been personally of great importance to me, including an early college program and Boys' State. They have a good program for computer science. They have good counselors. You can find who the best teachers are by speaking with the other students, and there are some very good ones. The culture has good relations between teachers and students.

Brian

good school that’s close to Ogden city. It’s much cheaper than most colleges and people usually come from all over to save on tuition. It’s a good school for people who have a family or work as well as go to school. It’s definately not a party scene.

Jaycie

Weber State University is a wonderful choice for a college. Most of the teachers are great people who care about their students success. The campus is clean and beautiful and the buildings are fairly easy to find. The services are easy to utilize and they are always there to help. They host many events to try and ensure their students success. My only complaint is the parking. There is not nearly enough parking and the shuttle takes forever to pick up and drop off the students.

Kaelie

The class sizes are always great. Professors that I have had are always willing to help me to understand the material better and have worked with me one on one to help me learn the most information I can. It is a fun environment but you really have to try had to find things to get involved in, considering it is a commuter school, not many kids live on campus. The area around Weber State is beautiful with it being right below the mountains, many places to hike and in the winter it provides activities such as skiing and visiting Salt Lake City for all of the lights around the holidays. Overall a great place to be!

Arica

Weber State University is an average school. Not fantastic, but not terrible either. We have great nursing, criminal justice, and theatre programs. However the math classes are the worst in the state. As for teachers, it is luck of the draw. I recommend everyone to utilize Rate My Professor when choosing classes. Some teachers honestly care about their students and understand that we have lives and issues outside of the classroom. Others will teach an introduction class as a masters and are unhelpful if you need further assistance. Overall it isn't a bad institution for the price, especially if you are a Utah resident.

I have been a student at Weber State University for about two years now, and I have to say I've loved it here. I have taken classes at the Ogden and Davis campuses, as well as several online classes. All of my teachers have been great. They want you to do your best and are willing and able to help you achieve that. The class sizes are generally smaller and better suited for learning from your teacher and fellow classmates. Though I haven't lived on campus, living from home and commuting to school each day has been no problem. My only real issue with Weber State is the poor parking at Ogden Campus. Though there is plenty of parking a bit further away, it still requires you to take a shuttle to your classes unless you manage to sneak a parking spot on campus. Besides that, the environment feels safe, secure, and very friendly! I've loved having the opportunity to do my generals here and I've learned new things each day!

Keila

Weber State has been a great school for me so far. All the counselors and teachers have helped me picked all of my classes so that I won't make the wrong choice. Academically, Weber has great psychology programs and will help me get the career of my dreams.

Jack

I am a Student Ambassador for Weber State University, which means I go to high schools to recruit for my school as well as I give plenty of College Tours. I LOVE my school. With a 21:1 student-to-teacher ratio I feel like teachers actually CARE about ME. We are located 25 minutes away from 3 ski resorts, one of which offers $29 all day ski Wednesday for Weber State students, and $40 all day skiing any other day of the week for students (regular all day pricing $80). Weber State University is located in Ogden, Utah which includes over 200+ miles of hiking and biking, with a hiking trail beginning right off of our Stewart Stadium football field. If being outdoors is your thing, we are one of the only schools in Utah to offer a Outdoor Recreation Community Education degree to get involved in the multi-billion dollar industry of the outdoors. There is never a dull moment. There are kind people, lots of diversity, plenty of activities and dances, an amazing business program (accredited AACSB which is the same accredidation as Harvard but for only $15,000 a year for out of state tuition compared to $40,000), medical professions (Radiological Sciences being ranked #2 in the nation, Nursing being in the top 3%), and starting originally in 1889 as a teacher education school, Weber State University is indeed a hidden jewel located in Ogden, Utah. I love my school and my experience here.

shakiba

Weber State University provides many opportunity for its students. Advisers and professors takes students seriously and do their best to help us accomplish our goals and dreams. Since we are on the smaller end when it comes to the size of our campus, students have the advantage of building personal relationships with professors. There are a good number of students who take this university for granted because it is open-enrollment and many of those end up not graduating. This university provides opportunity for those who look for it. Weber State is what you make it to be.

Courtney

Weber State University is a welcoming home for students, staff, and visitors. Weber has a warm environment with many opportunities waiting. Opportunities to gain the education you want, be creative, meet people, get involved, and many more just waiting for you. The staff at Weber has a common goal of helping students succeed. I’ve found that they encourage students to do whatever they dream of. It doesn’t matter what working field you are interested in, whatever it is they will help you get there. They don’t help just in class and through a screen, they are willing to talk face to face. Weber also has many programs set up to help prepare students for the future, for example they preform practice interviews upon request then give feedback on your responses to help you feel comfortable and confident for any interview you have in life. In addition to the staff Weber has an amazing campus, it’s not too big or too small. Meaning it’s big enough for all the buildings and facilities needed for any class you want to take but small enough that you could walk from place to place and not feel overwhelmed or stressed. Among those facilities they offer extra curricular activities like bowling, swimming, and more. Having the amazing staff and campus helps complete the final piece of a good school, the students. The students at Weber are generally more connected to each other since the staff is open to communicating and the campus is smaller than other colleges. This connection makes a safer environment because generally you always have a good idea of what’s going on and when. Overall Weber State University is a home because of it’s campus, staff, students, and visitors.

Christopher

I love Weber State University! It is the college I started going to a year ago, and have benefited immensely from the educational and recreational opportunities provided through WSU. Stores, and services are super close to both the Ogden and Davis campuses as well as equal opportunity for work!

zac

Weber State is a great school, the students, teachers, and other employees are great. The only bad think about it is that parking in the morning can sometimes be tough but there are options available to everyone. The curriculum is applicable to everyday life and the classes are great!

Tera

Love it; it’s a great school with friendly staff and students. The scenery is beautiful and the class size is fantastic. I love the mascot and teachers are usually available to help students who have questions or struggling. Overall, I would recommend Weber to others.

Abdiel

I as a Student of Weber State believe Weber State is a small college for adults older of 30 years old. The College life is not as great. You will like to go toThe the University of Utah for the real fun. The extracurricular activities of Weber State is a joke. Weber needs to be more like College feeling to students. Student doesn't​ support the athletic division for the reason of not being able to give the students a good college life.

Grace

The professors are knowledgeable in their subject and do an overall good job of teaching the subject. The courses prepare people for their careers and people usually succeed in their careers after they graduate. The campus in nice and they do a good job of maintaining the grounds to look professional. The tuition is reasonable and is better than other universities in the state.

I have been pleasantly surprised. My professors seem to genuinely want their students to succeed and are willing to help. The campus is nice and well kept. The class sizes are pretty reasonable especially in honors and upper division. Weber seems to focus on educating their students and wanting them to succeed.

My overall opinion of Weber State University is that it is a good college to go to. The professors work with the students to make sure they really understand the material.

Christopher

it is a good school st start in, not the most recognized school for my major compared to others in the state. there are tons of good classes to take, the facilities are really nice. they are a really good community, the actual campus is in a sketchy town, but there are other campuses close by which is nice for me

Sadie

Weber is a great school! Commuter school means less of a social life unless you create one off campus or with a common interest group. The campus is clean and nice, everything is up to date or being remodeled. All the resources you need to be successful are available.

Kathryn

I have not been there for the longest time but Weber is one of the coolest schools that I can see. They have great learning programs in any subject that you want to go into. The community is also great. Everyone there is very kind and willing to help you out.

Kylee

I have really enjoyed my experience so far at Weber State. They offer a very good criminal justice program with plenty of real-life experiences and engaged lectures in the classroom. All of my professors have been passionate about what they teach and I always feel comfortable approaching them for advice or assistance. The tuition prices are much lower than other schools in Utah, which I really appreciate because I am paying for school all on my own. Although I am not overly involved in the social scene on campus, I know that we have a great sense of school spirit and pride in our community.

Shaila

It is a very loving community and everybody there is ready to help you. It is a fun environment to surround yourself in. The campus is also very beautiful, including their facilities. Ogden is also very close to Salt Lake City which makes my time off of school a lot more fun.

Jade

Weber State University is a great school. Professors are easy to talk to and willing to help their students. They keep good office hours and are often available to help outside of office hours as well. The campus has had a lot of remodeled and updated buildings and provides nice classrooms and facilities. There are many opportunities for students to join extracurricular activities and enjoy sports, whether they are participating or just supporting the players.

Alea

I am a concurrent Enrollment student at Weber State and a prospective student for Fall 2018. My experience on campus  is minimal but enough to give me a solid opinion of the campus and staff. As a concurrent enrollment student I attended a "Purple Carpet Event", an event organized to answer questions about the enrolment processes, finical aid, and popular programs. College students helped as part of that process and helped me feel like I already belonged to the school.  Also while there  I was able to talk one on one with an adviser about my interest in Dental Hygiene. Later I was easily able to make an appointment with her and discuses the best rout into the program. She wants me and other students to succeed and gave me the information I need to be successful and confident. This is a good school.

Benjamin

I really enjoy the culture and the people. The academics and opportunities to thrive are what I am there for, and there is plenty of both. Along with that, there are many ways to help pay for your education through scholarships, on-campus jobs, and many things of that sort. Go Wildcats!

Shelbie

I absolutely loved my experience at Weber State University. Every time I visit the campus it seriously feels like coming home. I had amazing experiences with the teachers and fellow students. I made a lot of amazing friends and even became good friends with some of the teachers. I think probably the only thing I really didn't like was it just wasn't that social of a college. A lot of people still live at home as it is more of a community college but that is really my only negative thing about it. This is an amazing college, and I completely and fully recommend it.

Alyssa

It is a lovely school with an environment that is conducive to learning. Every student that I encounter is focused on their education and there is always a study group available to join for a difficult class. They also have student instructors for certain classes who hold an optional study group to go over hard material.

Skye

Weber State University is an environment for all students. Well known for both their nontraditional students and their Concurrent Enrollment opportunities, Weber is perfect for people from all walks of life. The staff understands the struggles students may face and provides an abundance of resources from a relaxation zone to a multicultural center. Regardless of age, gender, race, identity, etc. Weber State University can truly be a home away from home.

Andrew

Weber state's library is the bomb! I spent almost every hour at their library studying, and in fact I was there so much all the employees know me by name. Their computer/electrical engineering department looks like a bunch of engineers, (engineers have a look to them). We used to joke that Weber State's engineering program is a place where the men were men, and so where the women. I love the electrical engineering department chair! Without his help I would not be working toward a masters of computer engineering. Weber State has a great anime club, with many dedicated enthusiasts. For the past 3 years I have attended it and loved every minute of it. Weber State got a new football coach who kicks butt! Which is good because the last one was there just there for a job. I love watching their games, because of the team’s ability to creatively get the ball into the end zone. Last year we went undefeated for 6 games in a row! The best way to meet girls is to attend the LDS institute, trust me, I tried all the other clubs just to see where the girls where, and the LDS institute was where you want to be. Even if you’re not Mormon I recommend the LDS institute, there are over 1000 people who go every day, and you’re bound to meet someone with similar tastes. Trust me, my wife to be is HOT, and I look like an engineer. ;)

Abigail

Although small, it really is a good school. Sometimes it gets a bad reputation in the Ogden area because it's the "boring" choice for people who grew up around here, but I've always had good experiences at WSU. The class sizes are fairly small, even in core classes. Professors and staff are very helpful, and it's a very safe campus.

Weber State University is an excellent school to start off a college degree or to finish a college degree. It has many classes to help you further your education where you want. The University also had many campuses that students that choose from. The campuses are safe and easy to get around. Weber State University is a school I would definitely recommend to other students.

Moises

My opinion it is a great university with plenty of help . They offer students to apply for Financial Aid . They have the kindest student that are willing to help with where and when to go to things. The professors are extremely professional , kind , and approachable for any kind of help they even recommend or e-mail you on things you've missed in class from emergencys .

Emalie

It is a good school to go to if you’re working on generals or need extra classes to graduate. They have a super nice gym that is accessible to anyone, and a very friendly bundle of student campus officers who are more than willing to help you when you are in need

I honestly did not want to attend Weber State University, as I grew up pretty much right next to it, but they gave me scholarship money and it just worked out to go there. After attending my first semester, I LOVED IT. It's a great environment with great people. I have awesome professors who were very willing to talk with me and help me if I had questions or concerns.

Reagan

Weber State is the best University for people who like small class sizes without the lack of academic options. The campus is beautifully tucked on the edge of the mountain, and the grounds are extremely well kept. If you ever hear someone complain about parking, they haven't heard of the super convenient shuttle bus from a lot that is never full. Its mostly commuters so they are serious about education. Ogden is great! I have been given so much support and so many opportunities by my professors I would recommend this school for anyone who wants to succeed and learn instead of just party and coast for four years

Natalie

Weber State is awesome! The campus is great and they always have things going on. The professors are really there to help you. Your dreams can really come true there. Work hard, dream big, and focus. If you really want to achieve success, Weber State is the place to do just that.

Lindsey

Most of the professors are passionate about what they teach and are willing to help if you put the effort in. The overall social aspect of Weber State is extremely lacking. I go to class and leave there is nothing that would make me want to hang around the campus and chit chat.

Justin

I really enjoy the class sizes and how available the professors are. Social life and meeting people is alright at Weber but it gets a little lonely if you don't get involved. Football games and sports are awesome though because they're free for students

Briann

I love Weber State. They are friendly, helpful and all around amazing! I have met some of the coolest people ever while attending and I’m so lucky to be apart of a student body that is so accepting! I currently live in the student housing on campus and I’m loving it. No complaints! I’m glad I chose to come here for my college experience!

Juliana

Weber State University is a great place. It's very welcoming with an amazing campus and great students. Everyone is friendly. The only problems I've encountered are finding parking and with the math program they have. Luckily, I'm free of it now. The scenery is absolutely beautiful and relaxing. I often go to the pond on the Ogden campus to relax with the ducks. They also have many services available to help students! I was amazed by their services. From therapy, to disability services, and even helping students find a career and major! That was won I really utilized. They also have a stress relief center and put a lot of care into making sure students are well fed and less stressed during finals. Such a great place!

Bailey

I like the professors a lot. There are some who were harder to work with than others, but in general I have had great professors. They are willing to help me get the grade I work for. I could get more involved than I am but I do feel like there are quite a few things that go on. I love the cost of the school which is the main reason this is where I am attending. But it is a pretty good school.

Aly

Weber State has a stigma against it of only being a commuter school and not having much campus life. From my experience the students are very involved and friendly and you can have a "on campus" kind of experience without really trying. The academic advisers are fantastic and truly take the time to get to know you. Weber state has lots of options for majors and minors and they have great tools on the eweber section of their website to help you build the perfect schedule. I am so excited to be a Weber State student, and I think it would be a great school for anyone who wants to learn AND be involved.

Stella

I believe Weber State University is a wonderful institution. At Weber State University, I've had many amazing professors and have also had many amazing learning opportunities. Weber State University not only has a very diverse campus, but also features huge student diversity as well. Students from all over the world come to Weber State University for excellent education.

Zachary

Weber State University is the most affordable college I have seen. Even for the cost, I don't feel that my education is suffering. Students here are polite and often active in some extracurricular. I can attend class, find food, get checked out by a physician, find books and computers, and meet a counselor without going too far.

Anne

Weber State is a great place to go to school. The other students and professors are always friendly. It is a very easy campus to navigate and the buildings are well taken care of with quite a few resources to take advantage of. There is always some sort of sports game going on, even though school spirit is not always the best.

Rodolfo

My overall opinion about Weber State University is that, it's an awesome University. They offer a lot of resources, for example the University has Stress Relief Services, Student Support Services,The HUB (math tutoring and studying),TRIO (tutoring),UTA Bus cards,and ETC. Being at Weber State University is a really great experience where one gets to learn and also get a very great experience out of it.

Maria

Weber State University is a fine place to go to school. There are three professors in my department that I see with great enthusiasm but also an incredible reserve to draw from in conducting productive discussion about the material at hand. I've had negative experiences as an intern with nothing to show for it, and have encountered professors that are frustrating in their approaches to education. I doubt this disappears with the prestige of other universities. I have met insightful students and learned a fair amount. I only want more challenges. I want stronger opinions, I want a bold step away from "interesting"s and vague statements about general ideas. WSU is a commuter school, so community is not as prevalent as it is with other universities, which is fine, but when I've gone to events, I spend most of the time as an audience member feeling anxious for those on stage or at a podium, hoping they are not disheartened by the measly house count.

kimberly

I love Weber State University It is full of open door opportunities, guidance, and most of all learning! All the professor's I've had have been amazing from my first day of class as a freshman! The college student experience is difficult but rewarding knowing that all the sacrifice will worth it all.

Mckel

The facility is great. Being so close to the outdoors, you are able to get away and study in the mountains. The people are really friendly so it is not hard to fit in. We recommend that if you are coming from another state, that you join one of the major clubs to meet new people. There are a lot of good places to hang out but don't expect many people to want to go hang out at the bar.

Crystal

It's a great school for getting your education. The teachers are pretty great, the math department is awful but for the most part I've only had great experiences at Weber.