Webster University Top Questions

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

I feel like the stereotype of students at my school is that they are all very liberal. A lot of this is due to the area in which Webster is located and the advertising of an open-minded campus. I believe that the stereotype is accurate however it is possible to have conservative beliefs and not cause conflict on campus.

Goins

Some are kind of illiterate and have no bearing as to how a person should conduct themselves.

The stereotype of students at our school is that everyone is artsy. This is definitely not accurate, we have all kinds of people here. We are DIVERSE and pride ourselves on that! Coming to Webster you will find all kinds of different people with different interests.

Webster University is well known for its diversity. The number of international students and faculty make the experience at the university different from any other. Webster is the place to be.

The most common stereotypes of Webster students are probably "hipsters" and artsy, musical theater kids. We do have a very good conservatory program, so there are a lot of music and drama-oriented students, but that certainly doesn't encompass the entire student body. I think that everyone can find their own niche here and that we truly have a diverse variety of students.

Stereotype: hipsters and hippies. Truth? Not really. While we do have TONS of artsy kids, we also have business kids, biologists, teachers, filmmakers, Harry Potter fanatics, gospel singers, techies, athletes, international students, etc. You'll find diversity out the wazoo here.

Lexi

Something that I love most about Webster is that there is no "stereotypical" Webster student. There is so much diversity on campus and everyone has a unique background. It is so much fun getting to know students who aren't like you and share experiences with them.

Kira

There aren't really any stereotypes or cliques except for the separation between the conservatory students and the rest of the other students. However, even the conservatory students branch out and meet other students that aren't in the conservatory. I have quite a few friends who are theater or performance majors!

Stuart

I think that the stereotype that is most seen is at Webster are anti-social consevatory students. I do not think that the strereotype is accurate. Alot of the students in the conservatory are very busy, because they are very good at what they do. They spend hours upon hours working towards being the best that they do. Also, when they have time, I feel that they make an effort to hang out with people outside of the conservatory.

Jimmy

Most people think that Webster has a ton of artsy students. While we do have a fair amount of those, as our stronger programs are artistic and performance based, we have a huge variety of other students that go here. Everyone can find a group here!

Fine Arts kids, Because of Webster's great Fine Arts programs, there are a lot of really great students that fit the stereotype. This isn't, however, how all (or even most) of Webster is.

Luke

Honestly, there is such a wide variety of students at Webster, that stereotypes really don't exist. In fact, my headline is completely wrong and was typed to be ironic. Webster is actually breaking many stereotypes as we know it, including gender equality, racial and ethnic boundaries, sexual orientation, and so much more. Webster itself may help lead to the destruction of most stereotypes as we know them.