Wellesley, MA
Wellesley College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wellesley College

Shaheen

Wellelsey women are strong independent women who know what they want out of life and are willing to go achieve it. My classmates are very competitive both inside and outside the classroom, but are also very easy to communicate with and always willing to give a helping hand to get some of their classmates through a struggling time. At wellesley your classmates easily transform into a family community, so the constant support system is always behind you, pushing you to strive and achieve your goals in becoming a success.

Standing before myself as a high school senior I would advice myself not to worry so much, to stay focused, but most of all to be outgoing. I would tell my self to take oppertunities as they arise because you don't know when they are going to come around again. I would instruct myself to take full advantage of the resources being offered to me, clubs, services, other students and especially the faculty. I would make sure to tell myself that professors want to help, and that I should email them with questions and talk to them about papers and tests. Going to office hours and talking with someone whose life is revolved around the subject you are learning is one of the easiest ways to learn about that subject. The faculty enjoy teaching you and they love their subject so I would advice myself to use them. Being outgoing says all of this in two simple words. While staying focused and clearing my head of all the bad thoughts about what was to come I think knowing to be outgoing would have been the most useful advice for me to take full advantage of my first semester.

The worst thing about my school is how secluded we are from the rest of the world around us. To know what is going on in the world you have to actively read newspapers and listen to the radio. It's important to stay connected with what is going on in the world due to the constant discussions in the classroom. Actually going in pursuit of the knowledge of other college and news of whats happening today is one of the largest difficulties on campus due to our busy schedules.

My school is everything I could have ever imagined, the best thing that could have happened to me, and offers me every opportunity that I will ever need!

Looking back on my senior year, I wish I had completed more scholarships. By November, I was tired of the college application process and excited by the prospect of being able to "slack off" as a second semester senior. I took classes that I knew would raise my GPA from the trouble I had when I tried to over-achieve during junior year. While I tried hard and excelled in those classes, I didn't really challenge myself. A year of non-challenging classes followed by a summer of laziness was not the best set up for a first semester of college. While it is great to reward yourself for your hard work, it is important to stay busy so as not to lose your work ethic. Junior year I over-booked myself with activities and challenging classes; senior year I took a much easier route. I needed to learn to find a healthy balance not only between easy and hard, but also between work and fun. I had little social life in high school because I was so focused on work. In college, I was so excited for fun and extra-curriculars, that almost neglected school-work.

My college is almost exactly like my high school in many ways, but the main difference is the frequency (or lack there of) of classes in comparison to high school. The one thing I wish I had worked on before college: time management. There are so many opportunities for extra-curricular activities: clubs, jobs, volunteering, sports, support groups, tutoring, societies, and groups for every hobby imaginable. I like to be involved in everything, but I could definitely use a little practice in the time management department. My advice would be to learn to manage time wisely prior to college.

Kate

Wellesley College is a dynamic, stimulating learning environment for women who, as the slogan goes, "will make a difference in the world."

Wellesley is a women's college, so there is a really close-knit community. The academics are still rigorous, but women get the opportunity to excell in a really supportive environment where they can be leaders.

I would tell myself to apply for colleges earlier and apply for more scholarships. However, I do not believe that there is anything I would do differently to prepare myself for college- I had good study habits and was involved in a lot of stuff my senior year as well.

Kyle

All women's environment provides a unique positive place for it's students.

All women's environment provides a unique positive place for it's students.

Be more positive about the college experience. It's not a obstacle to overcome, it's a brilliant opportunity to make new friends, learn from amazing professors, try new things, and develop as a person. College is about planning, making decisions, and putting foward a best effort, but it is also about seizing opportunities, letting things happen as they may, and learning about yourself and others. It is the time to figure out your interests. Be open to the unexpected and take chances.

Small classes, good professors, engaging social life

Olivia

The single most important thing to think about when finding the right college is whether or not the school feels right to you. It could be the best school in the country but not be the best school for you. There is more to your college experience than rankings and that is definitely something to consider in your college search. To make the most out of your college experience you have to have a good balance between academics, extracurricular activities, and your social life. Spending too much time on any one thing, even academics, can be overwhelming and lead to stress and general unhappiness. It is important to use your time wisely and make the most out of your time spent in classes and on your coursework. The more efficient you can be, the more time you have to relax and catch up on those things that you need to balance out your life. My main advice would be to go to a school that feels like the perfect place for you; the people are open and accepting, the coursework is challenging, and the atmosphere is inspiring and just right for you to make the most of your college experience.

Wellesley College is extremely challenging but does not seem overwhelming. Learning becomes fun because you are engaged with your peers as well as your professors. I love the environment of the school and knowing that I can do whatever I want to when I graduate. Working hard at school pays off in the end.

My school is extremely well known for its wonderful academics. I tell people that Hillary Clinton and Madeleine Albright went to my school. I think that it is important for people to know that even though it is an all women's school, Wellesley still produces extremely successful and smart women who go out into the world and are able to make a difference.

Anna

My school is known for its incredible academic rigor and its very loyal alums who are always interested in how their school and its current students are faring. Wellesley is known for its strong-minded and strong-willed women who are determined to change the world, but only on their terms.

Finding the right college is a subject that has been hashed and rehashed countless times and students receive advice from many sources. Often these sources give conflicting advice and make the decision to find the RIGHT college seem insurmountable. What many students don't realize is that it often comes down to a single moment when a student just knows that THAT particular school is right for them. For me, that moment happened to occur during a school tour. It's true that once a student enrolls in a college, the grass might start looking just a little bit greener on the other side of the fence. What I have learned is that while the decision of what college to attend to important, the best advice that a student can heed is to throw themselves into wherever they end up. Join a club, go to optional lectures or play a sport. Pay attention when an upperclass mentor tells you that tutors are available, and DON'T skip out on office hours. Use the resources your school provides, and above all, get some sleep. With a rested and open mind, a student can enjoy their experience at any school.

Wellesley can definitely become a little intense at times, and it's hard to compete with so many talented, intelligent women. Sometimes the pressure to have something intelligent to contribute in class is a little intimidating.

Katherine

visit the college, see how happy students are, and remember, an elitist instutition is not necessarily a better one!

Someone who is comfortable seeking out opportunities to have fun, someone who can handle stress, someone who can thrive when others around him/her are stressed

Sara

women's only college - great opportunity for girls to take on leadership roles, rasies maturity level of campus, lots of diverse activities

Don't let your feelings get lost along the way. When I first visited Wellesley it felt right, and I really wanted to go there. But by the end of the process I had convinced myself to take a step back from that feeling, and consider the other options. I was really worried about college, and ended up picking a different school because I had friends and relatives who had gone there and so it seemed like less of a scary unknown. It ended up being completely the wrong school, and so I transferred to Wellesley. I wish I had made the decision based on my initial gut feeling that Wellesley was the right school so that I could have spent all four years there. As for making the most of the college experience - don't be afraid to try new things. Take classes in subjects you've never heard of, join new clubs, play new sports. This is the time to find out what else is out there beyond your previous experience.

lisa

all-women, supportive alums, sisterhood

To a future college student: I'd say to really think about the kind of person/student you are. You want a campus that fulfills your needs, socially, physically, emotionally, etc. You want a campus that has people who are similar to you, in terms of ambitions and social scenes, but also enough diversity to learn about other interests and people. You want a college that will help you find yourself as well as what you want to do with the rest of your life and help you reach your goals. The kind of person you are and the kind of person you may want to become makes a difference as well, if you are introveted, but would like to get more involved, maybe seek a smaller school that has more personal attention and encouragement for each student, etc. Good luck, and you'll be fine!

Kelly

Expect to work hard, but understand you have a lot to gain.

Expect to work hard, but understand you have a lot to gain.

"Women who will make a difference in the world."

Look for a college that fits your personal qualities and you academic expectations. Always visit the campus before accepting.

Wellesley College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.