Wellesley College

« See more reviews of Wellesley College

Everyone is involved in student organizations on campus. Dorm life varies greatly by floor and dorm, but it's generally not where your closest friendships will be formed. If you want to meet boys you can always hit up parties at other campuses. Everyone goes to MIT frat parties, but the best parties are down the street at Olin where you can find a fraction of the MIT sleaze factor. On campus there is usually a big party in the campus center every weekend, but no underage drinking is allowed and they're mostly places to hang out with existing friends, not meet new people. A shocking number of students spend their Friday nights studying, so if you don't you will be not only bored but guilty.

The "Wellesley Bubble" is a common term among the community coined to express the ability of Wellesley to encompass its students in a haze of college politics. Wellesley is great, however it could do more to establish a weekend community of events, instead of having students migrate to Boston, MIT, or Harvard for the weekend. Parties do happen on campus as well as weekend movies, but typically on a weekend night Wellesley College is a bit of a ghost town. Not all students want to party or drink, so it would be nice to see Friday and Saturday night activities that addressed these needs without forcing a student to take a 40 minute Senate, albeit nice, bus ride to another campus.

Social life? Really, there is none on campus. Students don't really party, because if your neighbor hears noise she will call campus police, even if it is 11pm on a Friday night - she is busy studying. If you are awake on a Tuesday, your are studying. I guess there's a huge dating scene if you are a lesbian, but I'm straight. It's difficult to meet guys, and while it does get better your junior and senior year, and much better if you have a car and are 21 (so you can buy liquor), I'm not sure if that makes up for the first two years of misery. There is absolutely nothing to do on a Saturday night. There is the occasional party. but they are very small on average and lack guys.

My room is always unlocked and wide open. People are always walking in and out and we're always talking to each other. They're is always something to do on campus, and even more options for things to do off campus- I have never been bored (and I'm not really a drinker!) but if you are into the hard core party scene, that's an option too just not really on campus- you really have to look a little harder for that kind of scene- but never too far because Boston is really only a hop skip and a jump away.

Athletes definitely tend to stick together. They are the most carefree group of students. Non-athletes don't care about sports..... Guest speakers are always popular. Everyday there seems to be something going on. Everyone leaves campus to have fun. Whether is be a party are a different college or just to go hang out in Bosotn. There is no greek life. There are a few societies, which are basically sororities, even though they claim not to be.

I hang out with mostly athletes and that's who i hang out with and go out with at night. We stay on compaus sometimes or go off. The athletic events are only popular with the athletes, but the inner athletic community is amazing and very very close knit. I think they athletic department is the best part of the school because no where on earth can you get such high levels of intensity and skill aurrounding only women' athletics.

There are alway events being held on weekdays and weekends. We have a pub and a small cafe that are open everyday. If you want to be social you can easily find places and people. I ended up spending the majority of my weekends in Boston, socializing either at Harvard or the MIT frats. We have some societies. While everyone knows about them, the majority of students are not members.

off campus i go either to babson, down the road, or i go into boston. dating is easy, although it's not a good idea to wait around wellesley for some guy/girl to find you. go to co-sponsored events with other schools in boston. once you meet a group of friends from other schools, though, its easy to have fun on campus, and the guest policy is really nice.

Students are willing to talk to one another and are pretty open to meeting new people. Some students are primarily concerned with academics while others like to go into Boston every weekend. Your social life here is what you make of it.

I joined Waterpolo, which has been amazing. There's a million other things though if you're not into sports.