Wellesley College Top Questions

Isabelle

The most frustrating thing about Wellelsey is that there is SO MUCH to do, and so little time to do it. Wellesley's academics are very rigorous, so homework takes up a lot of time. But then there are excellent extracurricular activities: I, for example, play the carillon (the bells), and edit GenerAsians Magazine. But there are hundreds of other organizations, many of which I would love to be a part of it I had the time. But life gets so busy that students can generally only pick one or two activities, even if they want to do more.

Krystal

The grade deflation policy is the most frustrating aspect of this institution. The reasoning behind its implentation involves increasing the school's competitiveness. I, however, believe that the policy hinders academic achievement and personal development. For one, the G.P.A is no longer a reflection of a student's effort. Moreover, the manipulated numerical value negatively affects one's chances of attaining specific opportunities that require a certain G.P.A. Secondly, and more importantly, grade deflation stifles one's willingness to work hard since the rewards granted are not merit based.

Margarita

Sometimes the academic pressure gets frustrating. The work load is intense and although thr classes are very interesting, the academic demands of the school can beocme tedious and stressful.

Judee

My school is extremely academically competitive and that can be frustruating sometimes. It can be defeating when you think you're doing your best and then you see what other students are accomplishing with internships, job interviews and their GPAs. I always feel like I am being compared to others at my school and it doesn't help to motivate me.

The social scene is very constricting- once you have friends, it's hard to branch out and make new ones, since no one else is looking anymore.

People don't seem to smile enough, especially during the winter.