Wells College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Wells College

Feleesha

My home away from home. Wells is academically driven, with little party scene. Your professors make it incredibly easy to reach out, at no point should you feel like you are struggling. The connections you make are unlike anything I have every seen. The community is immaculate. It is a close knit community with a place for everyone. You wont disappear on this campus. You make friends that will last life times and create a schedule that suits you and your interest. You have guidance on the career path chosen, free time and clubs for every interest to choose from.

Cristina

The school has a lot of things needing to be fixed. They think that right now they are on the right path to fixing it, but they are not for many things. The food system is currently a nightmare. If you have any food allergies, don't go to this school. As for other accommodations, the faculty are wonderful about helping you as long as you talk to them and always have been. Other staff can be tricky, but it's all about saying it the right way to the right people. You're really going to need to visit the campus on a regular school day and talk to some students outside of admissions to get the truth about pros and cons of Wells.

Jahasia

At Wells, you either love it or you hate it. For me, I've learned to love it here. Compared to my freshman year, it was a bit difficult coming from a huge city to a rural area and having to travel 35 minutes to the nearesr mall. But, going into my third year at Wells, I've found that the community and the unique aspects at Wells are something I am definitely going to miss here. I've had to compromise on a lot of things I was looking forward to in college like greek life and a huge sports team, but I wouldn't trade my experience here and the people I've met for anything!

kristylee

My life was positively changed by becoming a Wells College student and graduate! Beautiful campus, outstanding professors, and a true sense of home.

J

There is always something to do around here. Do not be discouraged because of the small town surrounding it. The social life is one of the best things this campus has to offer to its students.

Nika

Some good and yet so much wrong with this school.

Nikki

Wells College sits in the beautiful, quiet village of Aurora, New York. It sits on Cayuga lake and even has a boat house for student use. Wells College recognizes how secluded its campus is and has developed shuttle services that allow students to be able to travel to surrounding cities (Ithaca, Auburn. etc) in order for the students to shop, get groceries, and to be able to travel outside the town limits of Aurora. This shuttle service also provides weekend trips around New York to allow student to experience Niagara Falls, Watkins, Glen, and many more unique experiences that aren't found in other areas. The professors work to create a relationship with their students. Because of this, it is hard to fail at Wells. Everyone wants you to succeed. There's always a large variety of food in the dining hall, which has newly expanded its hours from 7am-8pm to accommodate all students' schedules. There are tons of wacky, fun traditions like Odd Even that really make your college experience special and worth while. Wells is definitely unique, but that uniqueness is what makes it a 5 star school.

BrierMae

I visited Wells for the Henry Wells Scholarship Celebration. It was very well run and showed me the beautiful campus, academic life, as well as allowed me to meet students and teachers. I am impressed by the schools honor code theory, how the students seemed to follow it.

Victoria

The legacy of Wells College is incredible. Today, the college is declining quickly. There a little opportunities for jobs in the area, little diversity on campus. The administration is selfish and unprofessional. The food is nauseating. The school could be so much better if the proper people were put in charge with caring visions.

Peter

The campus is beautiful, the professors are amazing, a lot of one on one connections.

K

Personally, as a current student, I have enjoyed my experiences at Wells thus far. Although the school is small, it is never lacking things to do. Whether it's sports games, academic presentations, recreational activities or classes, I'm always busy. The teachers that I've had so far have been pretty good, and I'm learning a lot. Although I am early into my experience here, I have already been exposed to life after Wells and the resources I have available to me. It makes me excited about my future.

Robyn

Loved all four years here at Wells. The traditions are unique and bring the campus together. Also because of the small campus size, I have gotten to know all the professors very well and I am more than just a number to them. Wells has been my home. It's small, so if you prefer a larger institution, this may not be the best fit. However, because the class sizes are smaller, we are able to have in-depth, quality discussions in class.

Allison

Wells College is over-all a huge scam. While the professors are great, the school does not support them in any way. The school lies to prospective students about the majors available, and can not staff enough professor to allow students to graduate with certain majors. The food is inedible, and since the closest store is over 30 minutes away, you often find yourself microwaving ramen. All the school cares about is money. I transferred from here because it was so bad.