Wenatchee Valley College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Wenatchee Valley College

sarah

My overall opinion of Wenatchee Valley College is that it is a good campus to attend if you are planning to stay close to home, easy to find a off-campus house, flexible if you are a part time student and as well it has many degree varieties. Wenatchee Valley College also makes transferring to a university easy and successful

Rosa

Wenatchee Valley College offers a great student to teacher ratio which allows the students to get help from the teachers better versus a university. Overall, its academics are great and the campus is very nice and safe. Such a great college to be enrolled at!

I love this school! I've just completed the running start program, which allowed me to earn my AA at the same time as my High School diploma. I haven't encountered any issues, besides a few of my fellow classmates, but its nothing the school can really control.

Janette

It is a very open community. Considering it is in a small town, everyone feels welcome and at home. It is a great place to get a small start, instead of going to a direct 4-year university, WVC gives lots of options to start your path. With low tuition costs, a variety of classes, and a welcoming community, where else would one want to start off the college education at?

Y.

My overall opinion of Wenatchee Valley College is that there is a lot of potential for each and every student to grow. If the student chooses to partake in the activities and classes that are given. When I am walking around the school I do notice that there is all different kinds of students roaming around. I like that about this school, everyone always looks so determined in their studies and even getting to class. I am glad that I am a part I this school which also has various classes that can be offered to many students, that you don’t even have to go to a big university since they offer the classes there! I definitely recommend this school to many other students that are not from the Wenatchee Valley to attend and encourage Wenatchee Valley students to go to this community college not only to save money but to also get a great kick start to college!

mina

Overall I really enjoy WVC. It works really well for me. The library is great, the computers/write labs are great, the tutor center is awesome. If im hungry the food is fine, theres a coffee shop right across the road. The campus is nice, can walk across it in 5-10 minutes. Overall its really nice!

My opinion on Wenatchee Valley College is that, it is a fantastic school. But sometimes some students including myself often do not ask for academic help. I speak from personal situations. Students who do not ask for help tend to struggle a lot, so ask for help from professors, staff members, or a classmate. With a plan and a supportive team, you can be successful, only if you can commit it to.

Riggs

I think this is such a great school! I am a Running Start student in my second year and this school has been nothing but supportive and accepting of me and other RS students. Tuition is cheap, teachers are amazing and the staff is always there to help. Would recommend!

Dane

My overall opinion of the College is positive, I like how personable the profs are and the smaller sized classrooms make me feel comfortable and easy to ask questions. The college has plenty of space on campus to spread out and do your thing, a very beautiful place for being in such a small setting. The classes are easy to find and there is a lot of help to do so as well as just about anything else you need help with. I have only been in the dorms once or twice but what I can remember they are on the smaller side. The on campus cafeteria is alright with an assortment of food and other snacks. There are a wide rang of students to get to know. In 2018 the college opened a new rec center with basketball courts and workout gym for all students and staff. There are also many fitness classes you can take now in the new building. Another cool thing about WVC is that Central Washington University has there own little building on campus and you are able to work on getting you BA through CWU at WVC.

I am so glad that I decided to stay at Wenatchee Valley College instead of going to a bigger university. The atmosphere is great and the people are great too. The thing I love the most is all of the resources available to students. The location of the college is great too. The Wenatchee Valley is a beautiful place to be.

Brooke

Wenatchee Valley College is a good school but it is only a community college. The only program offered to complete, other than a transfer AA, is nursing. The nursing program and running start program is probably what keeps the school going. Some of the building are brand new while others are very old.

Wenatchee Valley College is a great place to learn. My professors have all been very knowledgeable and easy to learn from. I love that the campus is full of diversity. The campus is always very clean and the faculty is very friendly. Overall I have enjoyed my experience at Wenatchee Valley College.

KAYLA

It's a great place to recieve an education. Everyone is friendly for the most part. Staff is the most helpful if they don't know an answer they will find someone who does. Tutor center has some of the most amazing staff always willing to help you whith whatever you have going on.

Victor

This college used to be a gem. A top tier education at a community college price and a nice vibrant growing town around it. The School has several PHDs in it's tenured faculty and a few professors who wrote text brooks and a couple who are truly world class experts in their disciplines. Unfortunately such an amazing corps of professors is not enough to save a poorly run college that is running out its best faculty. The school is a flaming wreck right now, stay far away.

yuriko

They are located in a safe neighborhood and the students seem to be kind to one another. The academics there really does help guide you in the right direction including the teachers. I would recommend this community college to anyone not around Wenatchee.

Jorge

As a former student of Wenatchee Valley College before enrolling in the facility for the first time I had time challenges also known as first time challenges. And these are the worst because the procrastination is high and the time to initiate takes a while. This is a reflection of being chocked or fainting in the middle of a speech. Really what I needed was more room to breathe, process and formulate pieces of work. The faculty and staff are incredibly diverse some very outgoing and others very strict and formal. I would recommend Wenatchee Valley college as a challenging, hardened, loud and during my time of attendance political place to attend.

Brooklyn

WVC is constantly trying to improve its facilities and programs for its students. It is a great place to get used to the college lifestyle and everyone is very welcoming and helpful. However, some of the services could definitely​ be improved. Overall, I think WVC is a great place.

Jesus

Wenatchee Valley College is a very convenient school, especially since I am a Wenatchee native. It is a smaller school which meant smaller classes, and more one-on-one time with your professor. It is a fairly diverse school. I do think there should have been more opportunities to get involved whether it was clubs, political, and/or sports.

Great college. Small class sizes and amazing teachers. The housing is pricy but Wenatchee is great and has so much to offer. The classes are affordable and there are so many student services and resources to help. Also, a great group of clubs and extra activities. I would recommend WVC to anyone looking to go to a community college before university.