Boston, MA
Wentworth Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wentworth Institute of Technology

Lee

Wentworth campus life is a lot different then that stereotypical party wild campus that most people think of when they think about college. The campus is actually small which makes getting to and from classes with all your supplies and projects easy, and you will get a lot of project is you are a design major. Plus the wide range of students makes it a place where anybody can fit in from the engineering techies to the construction management jocks to the computer science smarties to the interior design girly girls and the awesome architecture students.

Even though everyone gets senioritis during their senior year, you really need to keep pushing yourself and taking AP and honors classes, because some of those transfer over and eliminate some classes in college. Also don't think that you need to jump right into college, take a year off and figure out for sure what you want to do. I took a year off and joined AmeriCorps NCCC, its a national service program that lets you travel the country. I got so much experience doing that, I spent time in the Midwest rebuilding after the flood of 2008 and i learned a lot about the construction of a house. There are a million different opportunities out there, try everything out before you spend all the money on school then realize that isn't what you want to do. During the summer try to find an internship at a local business that would be something you're interested in to get a feel for the job. i took the easy way out while i was in high school, i worked for my mom and took all extension classes, i wanted good grades and free time. Don't be like me!

The location is the best part about Wentworth, it is located in the middle of Northeastern and Mass Art, with MCPHS, Simmons, Emmanuel and Wheelock all down the street. You are always around people your age, and all the schools besides Northeastern are part of Colleges of the Fenway, so you can join clubs and also take you electives at the other schools. At Wentworth, unlike other architectural schools, you get to jump right into the drawing and construction of models. at other schools you have to study the fine arts side of it first.

Casey

Applying to colleges was one of the best experiences for me as a high school student. I had been looking forward to it ever since I entered ninth grade. I tried to prepare as much as I could. As a high school senior I knew that making the transition to college was going to be difficult. If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior knowing what I know now about college life I would tell myself not to be so worried. Even though the transition is a hard one to make I defintely freaked myself out more then I needed to. I needed to realize that everyone was going to be going through the same thing that I was. I would also tell myself that college was going to be the best time of my life and that I should make the best of it. I would tell myself that I would be able to make friends that are stronger than most of those from home. College is the time to grow up and learn how to live on your own. I wish I knew these things and I would have been more prepared.

The best thing about my school is the community. There is always something to do whether on campus or in the city. You are able to make friendships that are very close and can last a long time. The school has a great leadership program where students can get involved and make a connection with Wentworth.

I wish that I had known how much money it would require to be an architecture major and a student. You have to buy all the supplies that you need .

Danielle

Wentworth is a focused, career-oriented setting that strives to educate their students toward a rapidly changing tech-savvy world.

I know that you're feeling really good about yourself right now, but I urge you to remember that you're only eighteen years old, and you haven't even experienced a world outside of Maine. You believe you know who you are - especially who you are not. You feel like you know who your friends are and what you want out of life, but you have no idea. With everything "figured out" right now, I advise you to at least consider this: college is a new beginning. All of the amazing memories that you made in high school should be cherished and unforgotten, but by all means, do not dwell on them. A new, drastically different lifestyle awaits you now, and if you approach it with the right attitude, you're going to excel at it just as you did in high school. Please remember that. Above all, do not be afraid and keep an open mind as you take that first step into the college atmosphere, no matter where you go.

I wish I knew what kind of hard work it took to pursue an architectural career. I maintained a full schedule throughout high school, but I had no idea what kind of academically rigorous lifestyle was stored in my future. If you're really serious about going into a design or engineering-related field, then this is the right school for you.

Cynthia

Wentworth has a good co-op program so I would be able to learn and save money while attending.

If I could go back and give myself advice I would tell myself to participate more in cultural and communitive activities. As a college freshman I avoided them, not because I wasnt interested in any of them but rather I was worried about not fitting in. Now I know that could never happen at my school. The students are great and are very diversified in talents and personalities so there is always plenty of company around.

Kimberley

Florida State University is unique because it's so student friendly. It's fees aren't extreme and it has a free bus system. Food is always available with all the on-campus dining and off-campus restaurants that line the perimeters. Besides all that, the faculty are committed to the student's education. If there is ever a problem or you not sure on some information they'll answer politely and quickly. They make you feel important.

It's so much fun so get out and enjoy it. It comes at a price though so go for those volunteer hours. Be patient. This is as much of a transition for you as it is for mom. In these times it hard to find a job so start early and be persistent and confident. Be ambitious but remember to keep your feet on the ground, especially if we're going to make it to London. Your roommate is amazing. Appreciate her for we could've ended up with some snobby girl who hates anime and like flashing her thong. Most importantly stay true to you. We've been through so much and come so far so as long as we stay strong we'll go even farther.

The convenience and availability of transport and staff. There is a transport system deticated to the school and popular off-campus housing making even off-campus living possible for those who don't have rides. Teachers and staff are always available or have hours listed when they are so. Of course there's the energy about the school. There are always students on Landis Green playing ultimate frizbee, tanning, or just playing with their dogs. FSU is the first school I've ever seen that allowed pets on campus.

Craig

The competitiveness in my architecture studio encourages my classmates and me to be creative and hardworking as we are constantly working on projects for studio that require such determination in order to achieve success.

The worst part of the school is the lack of scanners and printers available to students for mass use. We have a print lab with two major printers, but when many students and scrambling to print their work for projects, it can usually turn into chaos with so many students waiting to print. Similarly, the library has three scanners (of three different sizes), but when we need to scan our large drawings, everyone needs to use the biggest scanner, and, just like the printer situation, it can be difficult.

Jared

The Co-op Program as well as being a good Technical School.

The Co-op Program as well as being a good Technical School.

There's a great Co-op Program that Wentworth offers that is required for graduation.

I would tell myself to not worry about those butterflies in your stomach about traveling all the way to Boston to attend school. You will grow as a person so much that you won't even be able to recognize yourself if you ran into college student Jared. Wentworth is the perfect fit for you and that you have everyone (family and freinds) behind you rooting from you to make it all the way to graduation. No matter how hard your workload becomes, just take a breathe, say a little pray, and handle your priorities don't let your priorities handle you. You will become a better student, person, and man from your college experience so don't heistant to take chances in becoming a future leader.

kyle

There are a few things i would tell my self as a senior if I could go back in time. For starters I would have told myself to fill out more scholarships during my senior year. That way I wouldn't have to take out so many student loans during college, or have to take time off because I'm not able to aford the next semester. Another peice of advice I would tell myself is to go to a community college for a year or two to save money. lastly I would warn myself about the food in my cafeteria, and how mediocre it is.

Immastrid

First off I'd tell myself to 'toughen up now, cuz you're in for a bumpy ride once you get to college.' Grow up, because you are going to be stepping into the world of adulthood where your mother isn't always going to be there to protect you; you are gonna be on your own. Life is to sort to worry about the little things in life, becaue if you do, not only will you be hurting others, but yourself as well. It's ok to make mistakes; because then you can learn from them and get back on your feet again. This is the time now to get a for sure idea on where you are going in life; and don't say somthing you know that your mother would want to hear. Do your research, find out what you like to do, because if not you and those helping you go to college will be paying for that; pun intended. Find out who you are Indhie... Look inside yourself and realize, your importance, your dreams and your future; but don't forget to live Now, and not later or in the past. Live Life Fully!

Nathan

Wentworth Institute of Technology teaches those who know what they want to do, allowing its students to experience a lot of "hands on work" with their major and is in a diverse learning community, surrounded by several other colleges.

Wentworth used to be an all guys school, but has opened its doors up to the education of women as well because of that the the percentage of men to women is around 80% to 20%, there are alot of majors, including Architecture, each major requires the student to take a co-op job, also students are offered a chance to study abroad and work with real people of there majors in foreign countries, in the class room you are taught, but you do learn mainly by experience of "hands on work".

As a freshman in college finished with my first semester, I have experienced just a taste of what is to come. A key piece of advice, that other students would agree upon, would be how college is completely different than high school with there being a huge work load and you're on your own. However, I would emphasize that you are on your own as you're responsible for your own actions, grades, problems and other various things. College brings a great education opening many doors for an individual, but it also brings many distractions. There are events, parties and other situations that would pull you away from your work and studies. The golden rule is school comes first with fun and friends later, do not let them distract you or keep you from what you need to do. Work hard and do not give up when things get tough and seem impossible. If it seems that there is no way you can pull something off, make a way by working hard and keep going until you successfully finish the task. Another major thing to do is get help and work with others, this helps a lot.

Wentworth Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.