Boston, MA
Wentworth Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wentworth Institute of Technology

Wentworth offers its students endless possibilities to learn in a great technical school with enthusiastic teachers, great students, and a fun environment.

Work hard in Calculus! Don't sweat the small stuff. Most importantly, do not hold grudges. People all make mistakes and if they are willing to admit it and ask for an apology, give it. Life is too short to waste time being mad at people. And make sure you go to Wentworth. You will meet the most amazing people, have wonderful teachers, and enjoy yourself more then you ever have before!

All of the majors our school offers are tough. In Mechanical Engineering some of the material is hard to learn and you can easily get frustrated with yourself but DO NOT GIVE UP! There is help everywhere you turn with peer tutoring and spending extra time with your teachers. Seek help if you need it, it is worth it!

Abigail

If I could give advice about choosing a college, I would suggest going to a school with a campus you feel comfortable on and with several majors you're interested in. Making the transition to college is already difficult, so choosing a campus that is accomodating and enjoyable to live on is especially important. There's going to be down time between classes and you should live in a place that makes you feel happy and safe. Also, always have a back up plan when it comes to your major. I chose a technical school that didn't require many general education courses, and when I decided my major wasn't right for me, it was difficult to transition to another school without throwing a year of my life and a large sum of money away as the credits didn't transfer. Only go to a tech-school is you are one hundred percent sure on what you want to do with your life, because they are excellent at giving you hands on experience for a rewarding career, but difficult to switch out of. I switched out of Architecture and will be attending as a Civil Engineer major this fall.

The school doesn't tell you that you will most likely need additional loans to pay for supplies. I was an architecture major my freshman year, and the supplies to build models added up quickly and I had to come up with the money out of pocket. It was difficult on my family and I.

We have a co-op program, so you work for 6 monthes at a time and then go back to classes for 6 monthes at a time. It's great because you get hands on experience before you graduate and it looks better on a resume than someone who graduated with no experience. You get to meet professionals in your field and form relationships with them. If you do well on a co-op, they may offer you a full time job after you graduate!

Yolanda

Before you choose your college, be sure you know exactly what you want, especially if you're going to a trade school. Otherwise, you may fall behind like I did. Sometimes you can attend a community college for two years then transfer to a partnering university. This will help save you and your family a lot of money. When you get there, do all your work to the best of your abilities. The higher your grades are, the more likely you will receive more financial aid. Don't ever let your grades slip. If they do, don?t be afraid to go out there and get help. Get to know your professors. They'll be more than willing to help you. Your professor might even show you some work they did in the field as a real life example. College isn't just all work and no play though. Make friends, do an activity you like, find an internship related to your major. These activities will provide a more enjoyable college experience. The last thing you want to do in college is outcast yourself. These are suppose to be the most enjoyable years of your life. Make them that way.

Nicholas

I would say that for a student to find the right college for them they need to know what they want to do. Waiting can be one of the best things a student can do in order to figure out what they want to do and life, and follow through. Parents can help thier children the most by giving them no limits, letting them do what they wish. After the student knows what career they want in life then it is best to find a general area they would like to attend college, if location does not matter then narrow the schools down by difficulty to get in, at least applying to one school above below, and at thier expectations. Then once at school get involved with the campus activities early and often, the first semester can be hard, but most often this is not because of the course load. Finding friends and activites to do can calm down students and get them into a nice balance of work and play early, and that leads to the best college experience.

Someone should not come to Wentworth if they want a party school, other local schools are more suited for them. Also anyone looking for giant crowds will be dissapointed with our small campus both in student populus and footprint.

The community is so close at the school, I kow so many different people but it's all part of Wentworth.

I didn't need a portfolio to apply and this program gives you work opportunities while still attending school. I love the hands on projects as well. One of the schools I looked at offered a fine arts degree but here I am getting a bachelors of science.

I would advise future perspective students and their parents to follow their hearts. I had my grandfather and one of my cousins attend my school. The main thing I considered was the location and the public transportation opportunities. The opportunities in education were very important to me as well. At Wentworth you have the chance to possibly attend 6 other chools that are also part of the Colleges of Fenway. Being in this beautiful lively city is one of the best choices I've ever made. This school only has about 3,500 students and the classes are quite small but the hands on education you get could never exchanged. It is a little expensive but the dorm life and going out of state was one thing I had to do and I've never felt more home anywhere I have ever been. Trust your heart and let you children choose their own path, sometimes a bit of distance is the best gift you can give.

This school is very hands on and prepares you for you career and life after you graduate. It prepares you to work in your chosen fiels and you have chances to gain eaperience before you graduate in co-op opportunities.

Natalie

Were more handson and we are out of the box thinkers.

To choose one that you like and not to choose based on what your parents like because it ur the one going there not them and its your future not theirs. Make all your decisions for you because your the one who has to live with them.

Begin early to find the best school that fits your needs. However this is easier said then done. How do you know where to begin and how do you know what you are looking for? You must remember, although education is the main reason for attending your school of choice, it is also the time when one is truly able to find them self as a person. You must start the process off being true to yourself by knowing what type of atmosphere you are most comfortable in. Having always been from a small town, I knew I wouldn?t be comfortable in a large classroom at a major university. By narrowing my search down to smaller schools, I knew I would get the personal one on one relationship with my professors that would allow me to get the most out of my education. By knowing what atmosphere works best for you, the type of experiences you hope to gain will become clearer and will help you make a decision as to what school works best for you. This time in your life is all about you, so make sure you are able to enjoy it for all its worth.

How to use an apple computer. The school has issued a laptop program to its student in my major which is amazing but made for a really rough transition.

Although the school is high increativity with its architecture and Industrial programs, its not an extremely artsy school, yes we do artsy things but there is a major focus as to how art may be executed within the real rhealm

A small quiet campus in the heart of Boston, with access to all the city has to offer.

The two required internships provide every student with professional experience before graduation. Being located in Boston, there is an abundance of companies who work with Wentworth to provide these internship oppurtunities.

The location of the campus is crucial for happiness at a school. A large campus in a small town where most activity occurs on school grounds is suitable for some people, while a small campus in the heart of a city is suitable for others. Feeling comfortable in the school's environment is very important.

Jaylene

Pick a school that cares more about education, resources, and the students and not the way the school looks for outsiders. Its ok to try new things and be your own person! Live and learn!

The president was more intersted in looks and not students

College is about learning and trying new things. It's the first time for most people to be on their own, so it's imporant to find a college that resonates with who you are and especially who you want to be. Don't be afraid of leaving your comfort zone--sometimes in the places most foreign to us, we can learn the most about ourselves, the world we're in, the changes that need to be made, and the direction we want to go in. Take education seriously because, of all the people in the world, students are priviledged--priviledged with financial and moral support, those who believe in their potential, a bright future to look forward to and endless oppurtunities and freedom to help shape our lives. Do your best, be thankful, be curious and proud, and never forget to keep smiling.

The best thing about Wentworth Institute of Technology is its location. Being located in a city, there's plenty to do and people to meet. The amount of diversity makes it easy and exciting to be yourself while constantly trying new things.

The worth thing about Wentworth Insitiute of Technology is the workload. Depending on your major, supplies can be expensive and homework can consume your spare time. It's great to be in a focused environment where you can see your future coming together, as long as you can deal with the stress that comes with it.

Wentworth Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.