Boston, MA
Wentworth Institute of Technology

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Wentworth Institute of Technology

College is about learning and trying new things. It's the first time for most people to be on their own, so it's imporant to find a college that resonates with who you are and especially who you want to be. Don't be afraid of leaving your comfort zone--sometimes in the places most foreign to us, we can learn the most about ourselves, the world we're in, the changes that need to be made, and the direction we want to go in. Take education seriously because, of all the people in the world, students are priviledged--priviledged with financial and moral support, those who believe in their potential, a bright future to look forward to and endless oppurtunities and freedom to help shape our lives. Do your best, be thankful, be curious and proud, and never forget to keep smiling.

The best thing about Wentworth Institute of Technology is its location. Being located in a city, there's plenty to do and people to meet. The amount of diversity makes it easy and exciting to be yourself while constantly trying new things.

The worth thing about Wentworth Insitiute of Technology is the workload. Depending on your major, supplies can be expensive and homework can consume your spare time. It's great to be in a focused environment where you can see your future coming together, as long as you can deal with the stress that comes with it.

Michelle

The best advice I can give when looking for the right college is never compromise. The right college is out there, and with the help of websites and books, you will find the best college for the price range you can afford. And remember, once you have found the right school, visiting the school will only confirm your insticts- or even steer you in a different direction. It's also a great opportunity to speak to enrolled students or college represenatives. They can help answer your questions about housing, student life, on campus activities, and even financial aid. Once you've made it to the college of your dreams, you can make the most of it by focusing on your education. With the right amount of time management and persistence, there will always be time for friends and activities. You have to remember- you are attending college to gain an education. You will naturally make friends through classes and dorm life that will enrich your college experience as well as ease the adjustment to your new college life. Last but not least, never forget that going to college is the experience of a lifetime, so smile!

I think the worst thing about my school is the lack of gender diversity between majors. In many engineering majors, there is almost an 80% male enrollment rate. All of the design majors are not much better, with the exception of Interior Design, which has a majority of women. To try and improve the female to male ratio, we have Women's Overnights for accepted students. This gives them an intimate few of the campus and classes, as the follow the upperclassmen around for one day of classes.

The most frustrating thing is the lack of good lecturing professors. Many professors only work part time; the other part of their day is working in a firm or engineering company. This gives us an inside look at our future careers, but many professors are often pre-occupied with the stresses and frustrations of their own work life. That frustration puts a damper on their ability to teach, help, and communicate.

Very difficult, don't consider if you're light hearted; when you come here, you should already know what your gonna do for the rest of your life!

Pick a college that is worth the investment. Make sure that it offers the major that your child wants to do. Additionally, in today's economy make sure that the major your child goes into is in need of jobs. Engineering is always great, the world will never run out of Engineers nor ever stop needing them. Make the school be worth the investment.

Dealing with roommates, but hey everyone has to live with it.

When looking for a college, be sure that you know what it is that you want to do in life, or pick a college that has a lot of options incase you aren't sure. Go to the school for a tour to get a chance to talk with current students there. You need to hear on-hand experiences, but you shouldn't just listen to the student giving the tour, they are usually biased. If you get the chance, as around the campus to random students who aren't involved in admissions. Also give yourself a few options, don't just pick one school that you really want, be sure to find a couple that really fit your needs. Money is a huge issue in the economy today, it's becoming very hard for people to attend college, so give yourself options because one college may offer more financial aid than another. And look at the setting of where you want to be, urban or rural. As about class sizes, and campus activities to really find somewhere that suits you not only academically, but also personally.

I applied to WIT as an architecture major, but I have recently decided that it's not for me. I wish that I knew that before I came to WIT, but that's not really something that the school could fix. Something else that I wish I knew was that the design programs take up so much extra money for supplies and so much more time than any other major.

WIT is a really great school for design students. Each student is require to complete Two co-ops before graduation, which is really good to help them get jobs.

I think that college is the most important decision one can make. It is the time where students grow the most I think. Taking a chance is important. Dont stay local because your scared of what it will be like to be on your own. Trust me, you learn quickly that it is extremely easy and fun living with thousands of other students your age and who are interested in the same career goals. I have met some of the most interesting people at college and i have also made friends I will have for life. It sounds corny and everyone says that but it is so true! Take chances, get involved, and have fun!

I don't think anything at Wentworth is extremely bad. The worse thing I can think of is their organization. For example, we have already picked classes and one of my professors is still unknown. Knowing who my professor is is very important to me. I talked to the dept. head before i picked my classes and he said he would work on it the following week; which he did not! It has been 3 weeks!

I think the Student Service Center was the most frustrating. Calling them is impossible. Also when switching classes or dropping a class you must have 3 different people sign the sheet of paper. All in different buildings with different schedules. I think the organization at this school needs to be updated.

Christopher

Classes are classes, the college experience really depends on the location of the school as much as the name of the school. A lot of what is remembered comes out of the free time spent at college. Thats where friends are made as well as many once in a lifetime experiences. Check out the surrounding area of the college and make sure its right for you.

The work load on the architecture students vs other majors.

The work load on the architecture students vs other majors.

Christopher

a hands on experience that allows a professional to share his knowledge about the industry of my intened field and how to succed in that field when i leave Wentworth.

I would definitly make a list of 10-15 schools that interest me. I would make alist to see what is best for me. education, sports, location, weather, and people you know in the area. there are many factors that can make a college sound good.

its is right next to mass art which has a great deal of freaks and outcasts.

natasha

It is in the middle of a big city, 80% men students

It is in the middle of a big city, 80% men students

Go with your first gut feeling, use all resources possible and make sure it is within your comfort zone.

Professors are easy to talk to and its right in the heart of Boston

My classmates are extremely enthusiastic about what we are learning about.

My classmates are extremely enthusiastic about what we are learning about.

The location is crucial. Feeling comfortable on campus and in the surrounding context is very imporant. The city is not for eevryone, but some students prefer to venture off campus and explore the city rather than stay on campus. It matters a great deal to the comfortability of a college or university.

Kate

Wentworth is the type of school where you get exactly what you put into your education.

Classmates are always ready to work together for a solution required for a class.

I believe that selection of the right college rests solely on how dedicated the student is to his studies. The most important thing about a college experience, in my opinion is to get each perspective of life it gives. As a senior looking back on my freshman year, it was overwhelming ; you didn't know what to focus on and how to manage your time. My core classes pertaining to my major started my first year and I believe that is the best thing that could have happened - I was thrown into college life and for the first time since high school, was able to make my own choices. Education is the most important thing when entering college; sure, there will be the tempting social life, but as you reach your senior year, most will realize that the social life will always be there, and focusing on education and the effort that you put into it is what makes you the person that you become once you step into the real world.

Wentworth Institute of Technology administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.