Wentworth Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Wentworth Institute of Technology

The most frustrating thing about my school is the poor organization. The organization to get students into housing is horrible, considering we share half of our housing with other schools and some of our students are forced to live off campus. They also don't schedule classes well, don't help you make your schedule, and rarely have room for everyone. You are on your own a lot here, and if you can get ahold of a teacher you may get help, depending on the teacher.

The most frustrating thing is the lack of good lecturing professors. Many professors only work part time; the other part of their day is working in a firm or engineering company. This gives us an inside look at our future careers, but many professors are often pre-occupied with the stresses and frustrations of their own work life. That frustration puts a damper on their ability to teach, help, and communicate.

All of the majors our school offers are tough. In Mechanical Engineering some of the material is hard to learn and you can easily get frustrated with yourself but DO NOT GIVE UP! There is help everywhere you turn with peer tutoring and spending extra time with your teachers. Seek help if you need it, it is worth it!

I think the Student Service Center was the most frustrating. Calling them is impossible. Also when switching classes or dropping a class you must have 3 different people sign the sheet of paper. All in different buildings with different schedules. I think the organization at this school needs to be updated.

Red Tape - getting the run around from the student service center about money and finances. They also don't dispurse loan money until half way through the semester.

Sometimes I feel that some of the professors do not know how to teach. They know their "stuff" but they can not teach it.

The most frustrasting thing my school is the food. The food contains too much fat.

Dealing with roommates, but hey everyone has to live with it.

The work load on the architecture students vs other majors.

Deadlines on design projects with 24 hours notice.