Wentworth Institute of Technology

« See more reviews of Wentworth Institute of Technology

Before I came to Wentworth Institute of Technology I wish I had known more about what Wentworth Industrial Design life was like. Thankfully, I like the busy artistic yet scientifically driven lifestyle Wentworth has branded me with. I love living in the city and all the adventures I go on with my amazing new friends. It isn't a traditional college experience at all though, Wentworth is career driven and wants you to act likewise. This is no traditional college experience and I know some people, including myself, who were not so clear on this.

I applied to WIT as an architecture major, but I have recently decided that it's not for me. I wish that I knew that before I came to WIT, but that's not really something that the school could fix. Something else that I wish I knew was that the design programs take up so much extra money for supplies and so much more time than any other major.

I wish I knew what kind of hard work it took to pursue an architectural career. I maintained a full schedule throughout high school, but I had no idea what kind of academically rigorous lifestyle was stored in my future. If you're really serious about going into a design or engineering-related field, then this is the right school for you.

Industrial design basics were a little longer than expected. Spread into Sophomore year. This problem is now fixed and a new, improved ciriculum is being used.

How to use an apple computer. The school has issued a laptop program to its student in my major which is amazing but made for a really rough transition.

I wish that I had known how much money it would require to be an architecture major and a student. You have to buy all the supplies that you need .

How unfriednly the Resident Directors in the buildings are and how much meaningless work I would be doing to not learn any pertinant to my major.

How much alcohol flowed on campus. I would have taken measures to make sure I didn't live with heavy drinkers

Career Services does not do a whole lot to help with the co-op process.

How hard my studies are, so I could have worked harder my first year.