Wentworth Institute of Technology Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Wentworth Institute of Technology

Emilie

It's a small school in a big city, and you never feel like just another number. Most of the professors are great and other students are super helpful. It's not a party school, but you'll never be bored. the curriculum is challenging and prepares you for the future, but you have to be prepared to work hard. The co-op program is excellent and one of the most developed co-op programs in the country. The housing is pretty nice for Boston as well, and overall I can't complain. The food gets old after a while, but there are a lot of off campus dining options. I do not regret going here at all.

Wentworth Institute of Technology is a great institution with a very positive reputation in the construction and sciences fields, especially in New England. The required co-op opportunities are responsible for the school's success rate when it comes to students finding jobs after graduation. The only reason Wentworth has a drop-out rate is because students decide to enter the workforce early, which the school doesn't advise students to do. The female population is lacking but the females confident to enroll at Wentworth are treated with respect and as equals, therefore, more females should apply in my opinion. The school is the least costly private school in Boston and offers a great atmosphere with a mixture of small school and big city life.

Conley

Wentworth is a good place to go if you are looking to be prepared for your post-graduate career. TThis school is not a place for drinking or partying on campus, there is one fraternity on campus and it is an academic one. The sports are small. This is not a place for a "typical college experience". However, this is an excellent school for preparing you for your career. Students graduate with at least two internships completed and there are resources on campus to help you with writing your resume and cover letters and finding a job even after you have graduated.

Mathew

Wentworth Institute of Technology was my top choice of colleges to go to, and I'm so glad i decided to attend the college. Its in the city, there is so much to do, and places to explore. It is the best decision i made, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything!

Alexander

So far my overall experience at Wentworth has been awesome. The freshmen dorms could be better but all of the other dorms are very nice. The food could also use some more variety but it is still good. The location is unbeatable and there are some many things to experience in Boston and I am very happy with the education I am receiving.

Jennie

It a good solid technical college. Engineering, construction, project management, and architecture are excellent programs. Very few liberal arts courses and most aren’t very good. You need a very strong math and science background. Calculus and physics in high school are a must if you are doing any engineering program.

Allison

When I first applied to Wentworth there was nothing about it that I did not love. The campus is beautiful, in a perfect location, with amazing goals and opportunities for the students. As move in day grew closer I started to become anxious due to the overwhelming amount of people who told me that this school is very challenging. Now that I have experienced a full year of Wentworth I can honestly say that it was the most fun but also the most challenging experienced I have ever partaken in. The students at Wentworth love to have a good time but are also very driven. We are dedicated and passionate about our majors and are there to learn about something we love. This creates such an amazing atmosphere that makes all of the late nights of working very much worth it. No, we do not have the best food or an award winning football team, but I never once felt like I was missing out on the college experience at Wentworth. There is so much to do both on campus and off campus all around Boston. Wentworth was everything I ever expected in a college and more. I learned so much about architecture but also about myself, and have grown as a person in so many ways. I could not be more excited to continue growing and learning at this amazing school and eventually see what opportunities it is going to open up for me after college.

Anthony

It's awesome. I just got accepted as a transfer student. Heard great things. I'm going to love it here. I'll get the best education. This University was my first choice overall in my school selection. I think I made the right choice of going here for my last three years.

Andry

Wentworth is a good school for potential college students looking to attend. Wenworth is know for their co-op programs because most student are able to find jobs in the degree in which they are pursuing. Current Wentworth is building a new academic building to focus more on bio-medical. I am currently a student that will enter sophomore year in the fall and I am glad I chose this school. I have met great professors as well as great students. I firmly believe that although Wentworth is still a fairly new school. That it will be better after I graduate and still rise.

Amanjot

Good school for engineering and experience in the field. The college requires 2 coops which allow students to get real life work experience, and tends to get students jobs after completing their study at wentworth. Very nice school/scene in the heart of boston.

Thainara

Wentworth Institute of Technology is a home away from home. I love the staff and their willingness to help with any problems we may have. everyone is friendly and super inclusive. I love spending my time there, and can not wait to see what Wentworth has in store for me.

Noah

I believe Wentworth is an institution which values work ethic, determination, and community. There is a great sense of unity throughout campus, through crisis and challenges we all face. Faculty and staff are supportive and kind. While the housing selections and food are not perfect, the academic and professional work ethic of our students are . Wentworth places great value in students' abilities and it requires a great amount of dedication and attention to be successful. You must be certain that you want to follow the career path you choose. I am proud to be a member of the community.

Aiyana

Very challenging school with limited resources in certain subjects. Professors are nice and inviting but some of them are horrible at teaching material.

David

My overall opinion of Wentworth Institute of Technology is that it seems like a great place to get an education and be safe while doing so. You can live comfortably and learn well to move on in life and be successful. I enjoy my time there and definitely enjoying being a student there.

Julie

I honestly love this school. It is the perfect fit for me, I also play sports here and I don't think it is hard at all the balance the academics and being an athlete. There are tons of groups and clubs that you can join, and I find that everyone finds their place. The teachers are easy to get ah hold of and they want you to do well. I am so glad that I came here. Plus being in the city allows for so many other activities that students can do. The campus is small which I like and it doesn't feel like your in the city but you are so close to so many prime locations.

Drew

WIT is an amazing school. The school is extremely focused on making sure that their students learn a lot and are more advanced than other schools upon graduation to make our job search much easier. This is done by having part time professors who already work in the field and keeping all of our equipment up to date. All the majors are extremely intense but also extremely rewarding. Not only are the academics great but the community that WIT establishes is also great to be around. To top it all off the campus is in the middle of one of the best cities in the world, Boston.

michael

Education is focused to set students up to succeed in professional careers due to project based coursework and co-op experiences. Great location in Boston with many things to do nearby. However, Wentworth does not foster social life in the same way that many other schools allow.

Max

The Institute is an amazing place for learning and is in heart of Boston making it a highly desirable school based on location alone. Wentworth has strong academics and professors that are always ready to help you out so long as you seek their help.

Tayler

It is a pretty interesting place. Mostly men. Improvements are always being made. It smells like sewage. My apartment building is falling apart, but the new building are nice. It is not worth the amount of money they make us pay. The staff are never on the same page, but the dean of students is amazing.

Paige

Great school if you like the smaller side. 82% male. Must be a math and science person to attend. Gross food but awesome library.

Crystal

Wentworth is a medium-sized private school that is also a non-profit. The focus is on helping a student mentally, academically, socially with a focus on the future. It is a campus that is growing, building updating their facilities and making room for new technologies to improve the quality of the education. My experience has been a positive, yet successful one. The class size is comfortable, I have many resources to help me when I need extra help and the tools to do the work myself of resolving registration issues, sorting our my financial aid, teaming up with classmates to manage a project, serving the outside community and having fun. Wentworth is made up of a diverse group of students from a variety of backgrounds, I'm making friends and building relationship to last beyond my degree. The best part is that the various programs including co-operative education is preparing me for the world I'm eager to enter.

Steven

Overall, Wentworth is a great school that works hard at getting students to be capable of doing the tasks required of them in the field of study that they are pursuing. Though I have yet to experience all of it I believe that Wentworth gives students the chance to learn who they are and to take a chance through the huge variety of entrepreneurship opportunities as well as a very strong co-op program where you can get hands on experience in your major.

Marlena

I believe that Wentworth Institute of Technology is an academically excellent school and offers incredible opportunities for all of its students, both educationally and recreationally. Resources are always available to us and I never struggle to find help when I need it. I thoroughly enjoy attending school here.

Emma

In general, Wentworth is an excellent school with a beautiful campus. The residential assistants throughout each building, are always willing to help no matter the problem. The school is also outstanding when it comes to bullying. They have no tolerance and will make the rightful parties face consequences. The professors can be difficult, but they will push you to be your best self, and will undoubtedly whip you into shape if you think college is the time to slack off. The food is kinda lousy, but as part of the Colleges of the Fenway, you can dine at any of the other college cafeterias. I recommend Massart for that. As exceptional as this school is, one thing that truly makes the college stand out to its peers is the architecture program. It is extremely difficult, will break you time and time again, and it will make you question yourself. Yet, if you push through, and stay strong, it will absolutely be worth it. The professors are determined to make you succeed and will go above and beyond to help you. One of my professors in my first year told me something that truly defines the program: If you push, the professors will push you back, and the more you push, the stronger you will get. The program encourages you to find your passion, and fight for it. No matter how long it takes, they will be their to get you to the point you need to go.

Kathesh

I believe that Wentworth is a great tech school and has great academics and good resources. They could improve with regards to a more diverse student body and a more accepting environment for international students. If you're looking to party and go crazy then Wentworth is not the place for you. However, if you want to graduate above the rest and have a greater advantage at succeeding in life and walk out with having completed real work environment jobs for 2 semesters- then Wentworth is the place for you.

Jacob

The school has the best opportunities and academics of any school in Boston. The program that I enjoy the most is the coop semesters, in which you have the chance to get experience in your field of study. You can earn up to nine months experience and a potential career in a workplace that fits your major. This school makes students into the future.

Massimiliano

Wentworth Institute of Technology is a great environment, surrounded by smart and strong people. It’s an environment where students like to learn and socialize. It’s near shops restaurants and not to far from downtown so it also has a great position.

Thomas

Wentworth is a great school with great classes and class size. Professors are friendly and help you out. Great location in the heart of Boston and good transportation system. Only improvement is the housing and food situation on campus. Definitely worth applying.

Anushca-Mai

Going to Wentworth has its pros and cons. To start out, it is kind of hard to make friends at a school that is majority male populated. Also, there aren't a lot of people of color here so there are not a lot of people to connect with. Besides that, its an alright college. The classes maybe hard but it is doable.