Wesleyan University Top Questions

Describe a typical weekend.

Kaitlin

It really is different for every person and every social group, but it general involves alcohol and partying. I'm not sure how people don't know this, it's like the administration's best kept secret, but Wes, for a pretty small school, is a BIG party school. If you wanted to, you could easily find someone to go out with you every night of the week. For some people, the weekend starts Wednesday, where students go to the bars in Middletown (yes, you'll need a fake ID). Thursday it's usually more casual drinking unless you have a class Friday morning. Friday and Saturday (mostly Saturday) are the big nights of the week. The seniors, who live in houses, will throw house parties, where the frats will throw parties (often themed), dorms will throw (unofficial b/c drinking is not allowed in them) parties. There is usually at least one big concert in the Thurs-Sat range that people will get excited and drink for. Public safety is pretty lax about drinking (with the exception of if they catch you in a freshman dorm on a school night). When the weather is nice, people will go out to Foss Hill during the day and day drink, catch a tan, play some music, or play frisbee, volleyball, or soccer at the bottom of the hill. This wonderful time is called "hill season." Wes is also known for having great spur-of-the-moment events like having a flash party in our old, abandoned dining hall, MoCon (RIP), starting a crazy marching band parade, or parties in the streets if it's nice. If that's not your cup of tea, there are always movies showing in town and on campus, and a lot of people like to drink casually in more intimate settings or have dinner parties. NYC and Boston are also relatively close, so sometimes students will go for the weekend.