Lemoore, CA
West Hills College-Lemoore

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend West Hills College-Lemoore

Keiry

As a student, I definitely think the classes are very flexible and the professor are accessible. I really cant say that much because im a virtual student. Im a currently taking online classes that count as dual credit. It has really helped me advanced in my lower divisions classes. Im a high schools studnet that will be able to take a year off college and that makes me entirely content.

The school educates but doesn't do much else. There are idiots everywhere you go but that is only to be expected. The food from the Student Union is beyond expensive and tasteless, go to 7-11 instead. The bookstore will overcharge you for everything. There are some great instructors on campus, but it's a shame that their talent and willingness to help others is wasted on people who would rather not be there.

Angela

It really depends on the student themselves. Student life can be really fun and exciting if the student is willing to get involved. There are a variety of clubs and organizations on campus to participate in. Also, it is a small campus, so it is pretty simple to find new friends. Student to faculty ratio is great as well. The most students I've been with is about 40 to one professor. There are emergency posts if anyone ever feels unsafe and there are campus security that regularly visit the campus too. There isn't "on campus" housing, but there are apartments near it.

Michelle

Every staff member that I have encountered has been extremely friendly towards me. I am not afraid to ask them questions, and we occassionally stop to have a short conversation. The students are friendly as well. You can go up to any random person to ask a question and they'll more than likely help you.

Geraldine

I don't think there's stereotyping in this college

I don't think there's stereotyping in this college

The popular activities I'll say would be football and basketball and soccer

I'm pretty sure they're great.

Garrett

Finances are a frustrating part of life to anyone. But the major factor of frustration for a college student is the cost of your textbooks. It is quite ridiculous that for 400 dollars worth of classes (in tuition at a California Community College) adds an additional 600 dollars in textbooks.

I think it is quite horrible that the school I am attending does not have a music program. It is sufficient in supplying the general education classes and even my more advanced coursed in engineering, but I also have a passion for music and the campus doesn?t supply anything for that. I currently drive to another school an hour away just for some music classes to take on the side so that I can fulfill my want to continue in my music abilities as well.

I would advise to take action well before deadlines. Failing to act soon enough, I was demoralized that I had missed scholarship opportunities despite being prepared. But I would support my decision to be opportunistic in my extra-curricular participation that has prepared me mentally and physically for the rigors of engineering study. In pursuing my goal of graduating with no financial debt, I would advise myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible. Success only comes if a sincere attempt has been made. Even if an application had not been accepted, the information gathered for that particular scholarship application would still be useful for others. I had doubts about attending a community college for lower division classes before transferring to a university. But I have been able to maintain community involvement and academic excellence in the transition to the college level in a less stressful manner while taking my courses more efficiently than at the university. My advice would be to not look back at a decision once it has been made because the effort has resulted in success.

Martin

My school is best known for getting students ready to transfer to a university. It is also handicap accesible because it works with sudents of every background and prepares them for succes.

If I were to travel back in time I would a there are a few things that I would tell my self. Number one would be the plans for the time machine, and the second thing I would say is to get a tutor for math 63 (algebra) and to not get cis (computer information systems) 7 until I go into college. That is because in math I got a ?d?and with a tutor I might have been able to pass.

I wish that I would have known that college is not easy and that asking questions is more efficient in getting answers. If I would have done this I would have passes my class.

My school is best known for getting you in and getting you out. West Hills faculty feels it is important to get you the education you are paying for, but it is also a priority of theirs to get you onto a four-year/higher education and into your desired career path.

I would advise myself to take the time to research all my college options instead of just assuming that a four-year is the best way to go. I wouldn't change a single thing about my decision to go to a junior college before a four-year university. At a junior college I have been able to get the taste for college classes while not getting lost in the system. I have had a guidance couselor and teachers to guide me through my two years and get me the best advice for getting to a four-year that they could find. I know that this has prepared me even further than high school could for the journey to becoming a teacher that lies ahead of me.

The best thing about West Hills College in Lemoore is the sense of community you get from being there. Teachers know you by name and are concerned with getting you to pass classes. Guidance counselors work with you through the whole time you are there, if you put in the time to see them.

Jason

The Nursing progam. West Hills College Lemoore, has an extensive nursing school program. Even though I am not going into the nursing field, it is quite challenging.

I would tell myself to follow my heart, follow my dreams, and dont delay on getting back to school. Continue on with your choice of joining the United States Air Force, however, do not procrastinate on furthering your education. When you do finally go back to school, study hard, dont let distraction interfere with your studying. Pay close attention in class, and above all, apply your self. For the ultimate goal, is never out of reach.

Due to the state of California's budget crisis, the state has cut funding for the school. In turn, the school has to cut classes, and the students suffer. Lack of funding to provide the proper academic staff.

A diverse group of students who are there to get an education.

A diverse group of students who are there to get an education.

If I could go back and give myself advice in my senior year I would tell myself not to even bother applying to any 4-year colleges. I would tell myself just to go from high school into a junior college because that has been the best choice I have made. It has made it an easier way for me to get my general education classes done while still getting a feel for the way college works. I would tell myself that a 2-year junior college is the best way to transition easily into the college atmosphere.

The limited amount of classes. It is hard to make sure you get the classes you need to be out in two years.

West Hills College-Lemoore administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.