Scottville, MI
West Shore Community College

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend West Shore Community College

Edgar

West Shore Community College, located in Scottville, Michigan, provides excellent opportunities for new and returning students. The campus retains a "home-town" feel, where everyone is friendly and know of each other. Class sizes are small, which facilitates admirable interpersonal relations between the teachers, staff, and students. The various clubs, paired with a copius amount of course offerings, make this 2-year institution one of the best in the state of Michigan.

Jordan

Well the biggest thing would be it's community status and locale. It's nice to have something close and convienant so I can still find proper lodging for a respectable price. Unlike living in the bigger university areas.

Honestly? It was way easier then I expected. All your high school teachers would just drill you about how hard college would be compared to high school. Myself, I think it might be based on a sort of self motivation seeings as you're the one paying for it out of your own pocket. I would most defiantly go back and tell myself to start looking at scholarships more. I mean I knew college was expensive, I just didn't realize how much!

It's a good place to get started, what with the cheapest tuition around and a good local feel. You really do get a sense of knowing who all your classmates are, making it easy to sort of blend and find friends. The teachers are amazing! They hold a sort of laid back approach while getting the job done. It's their job, but they try to make it fun for them and you.

Katherine

I wish I would have told myself as a high school senior to have fun, when picking my classes. For the first two years of college I only worried about my required classes and not classes that would just enrich my life. I took so many Anatomy and Chemistry classes my head was going to explode. And the last semester of my second year in college I was burned out! So in my third year I have decided to take classes for me, not just what is required of me. Taking classes this way may slow me down by a year, but then at least not only am I getting in the classes I need to get in, but I am also taking classes that I enjoy and don't feel so stressed to do perfect in. I would tell my high school self; "If you want to take a drawing class, take a drawing class", select your classes on not only want you need but also what you want.

How to apply for more scholarships and financial aid. Teachers tell you that the "free money" is out there, but in high school they didn't do much to help you apply. I think it would have been great for there to be a workshop at the high school dedicated to filling out scholarships.

A person that would be will suited for West Shore Community College is anyone looking to get back into schooling (like an adult, with grown children) or someone who does not financially have the capabilities to go to a University but still wants to get a degree. The Nursing program at West Shore Communtiy College, is just as good as the "big" schools, for thousands of dollars less.

Shaniece

I would tell myself that this transition is a big step in life, and picking the right school is very important towards the future. I would also go on about how you should try to get as many scholarships as possible so that you will not have to pay back loans. I would also say that you should not waste alot of time changing majors, for that would set you back and it would take you longer to graduate. The most important thing is to always believe in yourself no matter what, and try your best to be a good student and make good grades.

Anthony

Diversity. People from all over and come from diverse backgrounds attend here. With an interesting selection of majors there is just about a course for anything here. The student senate is well organized and holds regular events every month which gives students time to have social interaction and maintain a fun learning atmosphere.

I would have told myself that college really isn't as bad as high school. It's more laid back and the teachers aren't as uptight as the high school teachers were. Don't think that because you have no money that it isn't possible to go to school. There is money galore assuming you know where to look. And if you stick to applying for scholorships and grants, and do well in your classes maintaining the highest GPA you can, then it will all be worth it in the end when you recieve that diploma. That's where the money is at. Right there with the diploma

Not much really. I really didn't know anything about this school before I came but now that I'm here I really do enjoy it. The Financial Aid Dept. is so willing to work with people to help ensure academic achievement while maintaining a workable budget for the student. The faculty in general is very cool. The classes have a sort of laid back atmosphere which helps to make learning a more fun thing to do, rather then monotonous repetition.

West Shore is a very small community college, but it is located about a half mile away from my house, which is extremely convient. Though it is small, the four professors I have this semester are absolutly wonderful. I could not ask for better, and am excited to compare them to those from big universities.

Dear Self, Please do not stress the small stuff. Everything is going to work out just fine, and there is no need to get worked up over minute issues through out the week. College is going to be great, and you will do an excellent job! When any issue arrises, however major it may seem, give yourself a little time to think it through, as it most definitly does not have to be dealt with at that second. Good Luck, enjoy the rest of your senior year, as I know you will ;)

Before coming to West Shore Community College, I wish I would have know about all the fantastic scholarship awards that the school offers. Because I made a last minute decision to attend, I missed out on these many opportunities that WSCC supplies to further help the students of the community.

West Shore Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.