West Virginia Northern Community College Top Questions

Being undesided and slow of learning at the time, I would reassure myself this is the best decision I could ever make. I would encourage myself to experiment until I found what most interested me. I would convince myself that it is and will always be the best decision I could ever make, and it would truly help me to be someone special. I would assure myself to have patience and in time, I would find something special to do with my life, and if I worked hard, and I never took anything for granted, I would be victorious in life, and become the person I've always wanted to be: happy, content, and fulfilled.

When I got to college, it was a complete shock. I was not expecting the work load that I was confronted with because my high school was only worried about getting everyone to pass. As a result, the standards were so low that you only had to show up to class to pass. I partly was unprepared because I took Collision Repair my last two years of High School, which I do not regret because it is a great skill to have, but I wish I would have taken more college credit classes. The reason I want to be a teacher is to prepare students for college and also better prepare them for life. I would advise college bound students to purchase their books ahead of time and read the first chapters in all their books beforehand so they are not overwhelmed with work their first week of school. I would also suggest that students planning on going straight into the work force should continue their education in a technical program.