West Virginia State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for West Virginia State University

Leah

It's a growing university. But there's not a lot of different people here. It's mostly the same groups and types of people. The university needs better events and less stringent rules.

Abiodun

A great place to learn surrounded by excellent environment and opportunities

Madison

Great University. I love it because it’s not huge, it’s small and welcoming, and if you need something from a specific teacher you’ll get it because they aren’t overwhelmed with a crazy amount of students. Only thing that could be better is the staff that works in the registrars office, they are quite rude most of the time.

DeAnna

It's a good school with a lot of history and a fun place to be! Overall I have to say the teachers are nice, staff is helpful and the campus is beautiful. Everyone is encouraged to partake in college activities. Sometimes I will just sit on campus because with all the trees it is very peaceful.

Natalie

West Virginia State University, in my opinion, is an amazing college. Everyone that I have met has been pleasant and my classes are very involved. The faculty is helpful, understand, and almost always available if not through their office, by email. I really enjoy going and am surprised by the affordability considering it is such a great university.

Holly

West Virginia State University was the college that I chose to transfer into after my freshman year of college to complete my undergraduate degree. A couple of the initial things that drew me to this school were the ease of access to all of the resources that were available for students (such as special library hours, private study rooms, commuter meal plans and online class as an option) as well as the scenery. It is an absolutely gorgeous campus. I did have friends who were current students when I transferred as well, so they along with the friends and acquaintances that they themselves had made, made themselves readily available to assist me during my transition. I was not familiar being shown that level of kindness from people whom I didn’t even know which further enhances my experience and initially put me at ease. Along with the social help of my friends and acquaintances, my adviser and all of my professors that I had encountered were also always willing to make themselves available for me if I had questions or if I was even just concerned about anything. Some even went so far as to hold courses labeled “independent study” just to ensure that I would not be held from my graduation date when scheduling conflicts arose. This created a very supportive environment for me and made me feel as though if I were to fail, I would have to go out of my way to try and do so. Which, of course, was never the plan and that never happened. I recommend West Virginia State University to anyone who is considering an undergraduate degree.

Sean

I am happy with state. The campus is great. My professors are very dedicated to my learning. I play a sport and my coach is also very attentive and concerned with my education and overall well-being. The cafeteria food is not great, and there is not good access to stores and restaurants near campus.

Breanna

I really enjoy it, and Im very satisfied with how helpful everyone is! My emails are always answered in a timely manner. Teachers, every single one I have had, to above and beyond to help students, and I feel my education is important to everyone there.

Selina

West Virginia State University is a wonderful college. It was one of the first colleges I applied to, the process was quick and easy. Those who work in the office are kind and generous and will help in any way they can. Overall, the students and staff are great and so is the community.

Jonathan

They are a good school with good standards. WVSU has a great safe great school. I love the school its quiet and nice. the professors are great and i love the coaches that is there. I love the athletic department and they are really kind to me and they help me to. The professors takes there time to help me and go over things that i need to know about the subject. I actually really learn alot about things in the classroom and online work as well,