West Virginia University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for West Virginia University

Mia

West Virginia University is pretty decent with academics. Although, the online grading system is only used by 3/4 of the professors; it should be mandatory to keep grades available to students through ECampus. Their school spirit is out of this world. You won't find another school with so much enthusiasm for where they come from. I believe they should do a little more to enforce the ban on drinking and using drugs though.

Cassandra

West Virginia is a great college with a bad wrap. They have super helpful staff and professors that are always willing to work with you and around your schedule. Even with large class sizes, the content that you're top is top quality. You come out of the university with a quality education and a known college. Overall, you'll have a great experience and love the student life.

Alexus

I think the academics are really good, and for the most part class sizes are good as well. The only negative thing that I can really think of is the bathroom facilities at Oakland Hall. While the bathroom set up is very nice (with 5 separate stalls, each containing a sink, toilet, and shower), there is always clumps of long, blonde and brown hair on the walls, the floor, and in the sink. Despite numerous reminders by the Oakland staff and RAs for students to clean up after themselves, that has not happened.

Britnee

It is a very great school to go to. I love it. I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else. Everyone here is so helpful and friendly.

Gretchen

It is a lot of fun. Coming from a small town in West Virginia, it is a breath of fresh air to be in Morgantown. There is always something to do, always a place to be. Or you can just chill out at home. You have a few bad teachers, but that is everywhere. Most of them I have found to be very caring and helpful. It is fun going to school and I can’t wait to go back after the summer is over.

Delaney

West Virginia is an outstanding school for any type of person/student. I've never heard of a university be able to balance excellent academics, outstanding athletics, amazing arts, great social life, and plenty of clubs like WVU does. This is most definitely my new home away from home. I couldn't picture myself anywhere else for the next 4 years.

Katelyn

West Virginia University is a culture in itself. I have been to so many other colleges to visit, or for other reasons and no other places has been quite like WVU. We are a home, it took me maybe 2 weeks to start calling West Virginia University home. I honestly haven't met a single mean person, everyone I talk to is really nice. People can get too caught up i the partying at WVU though, but if you can control how much you party I really recommend it as a college.

Griffin

West Virginia University is a small niche in the hills of the state, with an emphasis on making every student welcome to their new HOME. Yeah, there's partying and people can get rowdy, but WVU is, in my opinion, one of the greatest and most affordable places to be. All in all, you should be excited to be in your new home among the hills at West Virginia University.

Candice

It is a big school but one I am looking forward to attending. It has changed a lot since my dad graduated from there. WVU is a place opportunities and diversity are endless. I never dreamed I would be able to attend such a school with my background and where I started. WVU has everything I am looking for in a University and gives me the best chance to succeed.

Syaira

It’s a big university not much to do around it for college kids I wish there was more to do around it honestly. Usually depending on what branch you are of the university you have to drive to the next town to even do anything. And depending on which dorms you’re at depends on the rules which I don’t really think that’s fair

Lindsay

At WVU I feel very welcomed and comfortable. The classroom sizes for my major are perfect for each subject. The classes for my major are smaller, which allow a lot of one on one time between the students and professors, and my lectures are larger but the professors are always there if you need any help.

Alexis

When I arrived to West Virginia Univerisity I was nervous but ready to take on this new obstacle. From the second I stepped foot on the campus I had this gut feeling that I was going to be able to call this my home, and here I am seven months later and proudly able to do that. West Virginia Univerisity offers something for every student who is enrolled. From countless clubs, varsity and club sports team, tutoring, and daily activities; there’s never not something that you can get invovled with. I’m excited for my years to come here at this amazing school, and I can’t wait to see where this journey takes me.

Presley

I love the atmosphere of the campus and how friendly everyone is. We have such great school spirit and you can find fun and friends anywhere, all while maintaining your education. It is a great fit for anyone. The professors and staff make you feel so welcome and are always there for you.

Dylan

Love it

Dylan

Love it

Rachael

It's a good school and there is something for everyone on campus. Libraries, clubs, Greek life, and just about everything in between, so no one is ever left out. Then places are easily accessible, by either walking, prt, bus, or car, you can get to just about anywhere. Then the sense of community is amazing, whether it is singing country roads after a football game or just hanging out with people who live in the dorm with you.

Hunter

Its a beautiful campus full of positive energy and vibes.

Brendon

I believe that WVU is one of the best universities in the entire country. They have great academic programs, amazing food, fun activities year-round, and amazing professors willing to help you with anything you need to succeed as long as you the effort in. I believe that WVU has a place for anyone to feel at home.

Cheyenne

I love the area, the people, and the curriculum. I've met so many people here where I just started off with a casual conversation and then became friends. My best friend and roommate I met here, and she's like family to me. If you're looking to make some fun memories and explore fun classes then WVU is the place for you.

Madison

My overall opinion of West Virginia University is that it is a great school with amazing people here. The university has many clubs and activities to try and give every student active in campus life. The school feels like a very safe environment to me and I definitely recommend checking out WVU.

Gabriel

Good major options, culturally dynamic with a really difficult campus set up. Getting around is not easy because it’s so spread out. The extracurricular options are plenty. The dorms are great but mostly unused. Plenty of party action, but everybody can find something that suits them.

I love West Virginia University, it feels just like home here to me! I have met so many amazing and different people, some who have become my best friends and I know they will be for the rest of my life. I am proud to be a mountaineer, and there is no other school I would rather be at!

Felicia

I am an online student at the university but often visit during game days. So far, i have had a positive experience with my program and the university itself. WVU is known for their sports/partying more than their academics. They have been working on becoming a safer campus.

Sadie

There is always something happening, whether it is purely fun, an athletic event, or purely academic in nature. Students are always meeting new people and are introduced to a variety of different activities and research opportunities. There is never a dull moment at WVU!

Natalie

It is a great school that has everything a person could want. It is more than just a party school. People who make it past freshmen year are the people who know how to balance academics and social life. Also everyone tends to be extremely nice in Morgantown.

Kate

West Virginia University is an amazing college that provides wonderful opportunities for everyone. A lot of people know WVU as the "party school," but we also take academics, athletics, arts, clubs, etc. very seriously. For example, our engineering program found the vehicle emissions in the BMWs and it hit national news. That's pretty big. Although there might be better colleges out there, you should definitely take West Virginia University as an option.

Shelby

I am an online student of West Virginia University now in my second year. I have had a great learning experience, offered admittance to a sorority, and feel that the University I attend actually cares about the students on going success post graduation.

Hafsa

I love it. Everybody is nice and kind. Professors and students are very helpful in helping me get the education I need and want. I have freedom to go and learn. But then I have freedom to also how fun. I can’t wait to go there next year. I can’t wait until I go to WVU and set my future.

Lydia

My overall opinion of West Virginia University is that it is a great school and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. The people there are so kind and accepting, and willing to help with anything. There is plenty to do there whether it be outside of the university or within the university. As far as the academics go, classes are interesting and there is tutoring and help for whatever classes you may need help in. Overall I would say that this is one of the best universities to go to.

Mitchell

West Virginia University is like a re-birth into life. In my opinion, it is one of the most surreal places to currently exist. I never thought I would see a student hand a police officer a fake ID, wait for the officer to turn his back, and then the student take off in the opposite direction. I never thought I would see an entire state come together and fill up the parking lot for tailgating before entering Milan Puskar stadium on game days. Above all, I didn't think I would meet such a phenomenal group of people who are the residents of West Virginia, and the students of West Virginia University. They are the most charismatic, energetic, lively, and prideful group of humans I've ever had the pleasure of associating with for four years. John F. Kennedy said it best: "the sun does not always shine in West Virginia, but the people always do". Having to graduate from West Virginia University has been one of the most bittersweet things I've ever accomplished in life. I'm so happy and proud to have attended, and here is hoping I can go back one day. West Virginia University is one of my favorite places to be and I would gladly recommend it to anyone considering going.

Sydnie

It’s a beautiful campus and the community is welcoming. The entire campus is a bustling city, but it’s all students so there’s a huge sense of community. Morgantown is beautiful throughout the year and the surrounding area is full of opportunities for camping, hiking, and different kinds of outdoor activities.

Damon

The school has a beautiful campus; a wonderful small town feel to a large well funded university. On my visit, the faculty were very nice and respectful not just to people their own age, but to me and to people my age. I cannot wait to attend this school starting next fall.

Alyssa

I really enjoy attending this school. I like how big the campus is and the endless opportunities to join clubs and activities. The levels of school spirit also brings an atmosphere like no other to campus, especially on game days. My only complaint would be a bit of a lack of diversity on campus.

jacob

I think WVU admissions staff is great. I do think the mandatory dining plan is ridiculous and over priced. I spend just over that for my family now. I think if a student is eligible for free lunch then there should be reduced student meal plans. I also think if freshman have to opportunity to live off campus then it should not be mandatory to live on campus.

ali

In my opinion, I think WVU was the perfect choice for my college career. I have made some amazing friends and made some great memories all while receiving an outstanding education. The schools cost of attendance is priced very well for instate and out of state students.

Cassidy

I love West Virginia University. From the moment I applied, I knew I made the right decision. When I was accepted into the college to study Interior Design, I immediately started to register for housing and things. The first time I stepped onto the campus I felt at home here. I have loved this school for so long and I know this is where I belong.

lauren

West Virginia University is a fine campus for all students to learn. The facilities are definitely very clean and kept fresh. Although some housing dorms are better than others, they're all around a good place for first years. The campus is beautiful and they're so many different opportunities laid out for the youth.

Katirya

I think this school needs to be more active. It’s short on being active with events and social activities. I would like to see comedy shows or magic shows or things of that. There could be a better variety of food as well. There should be different types of foods.

Sania

It is a great university with a beautiful campus and an amazing student life. There is something for everyone on this campus and it is easy to make friends anywhere you are. We have relatively small classes and the professors are always willing to help. Everyone is there to help you and make sure you succeed.

Richie

Great visiting experience. This is a beautiful campus! I went with my parents to tour the Mechanical Engineering Department last week and i was impressed! I've already been accepted at this college, and i'm hoping that this could definitely be my home next year!

Cristina

I love it! I have tons of people I know there. Several of my classmates attend there. It has good professors . Good student life. Is reasonably priced. Not far from home.

Ivy

West Virginia University gives hundreds of opportunities to it's students everyday; whether it be giving free tickets to the sports events, having "Up All Night" held at the Mountainlair for students on weekends, or having a Creative Arts Center for students to let their minds free and be creative without judgement. All faculty and students who are or have been a part of WVU are beaming with pride to have attended this diverse college. The professors want to watch the students succeed and are always willing to go the extra mile to give help when needed; along with their multiple teaching assistants they always have plenty of office hours to allow students to come and ask questions. There are also places where students can go for free tutoring. This college cares about the lives of the students and gives them opportunities everyday to become a better version of themselves.

Saylor

West Virginia University is a school filled with the most prideful students. Not one student isn’t proud to call themselves a mountaineer. Everywhere you travel in campus there is always activities going on and lively people walking around. The professors care for their students and we have the best crowds you can get at sporting events. We really do bleed gold and blue. Let’s go ‘eers!

West Virginia University has taught me to bleed gold and blue. Overall, this university has changed the path of my life and I am so thankful. From the academics to the campuses to the incredible sports scene, WVU is one huge family. They do say "country roads" will always take you home, and West Virginia will always be home no matter where I will be.

Allison

I love WVU. The quality of education is great, especially for the price you pay. The atmosphere on game days is amazing. Even if you don't like sports, you'll be proud to be a Mountaineer on game days. I would stay a student at WVU forever if I could!

daja

My overall opinion about West Virginia University is its very enjoyable. I think that they have a lot of different things for everyone. I feel that you will be able to fit in with the environment quickly at this school. It's also very important if you are a new student to get involved with on-campus experiences.

Gabriella

I've met great teachers and friends. The environment of the University as a whole is very welcoming. The food is okay, I normally don't eat on campus. Lot's of things to do outside of class. Sports games are fun. I wish the University did better upkeep of the sidewalks during the winter months.

Autumn

I love WVU with my whole heart, this truly is the place I belong. Everyone here is so caring, from administration, to professors, to other students. Everyone is always looking out for each other, it's seriously one huge family. Professors are super easy to reach whether it be in class or during office hours, they are sure to give you that one on one attention that you need.

Morgan

West Virginia University is a wonderful school and has something for everyone. While it is a big party school, it is also a really good place to go for academics. Overall, the facilities are great. However, as a music major, I wish that they put a little more money towards the Creative Arts Center.

Lily

I love all the people who work and attend WVU. The spirit is contagious and every time I visit I get more and more excited for when I get to move in! Although the housing and tuition are on the expensive side, I think that it is worth every penny. The professors were so helpful and the staff answered all of my questions when I went to WVU Decide Day. Everyone there is so nice and I'm so thrilled to be able to call it my school.