Buckhannon, WV
West Virginia Wesleyan College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend West Virginia Wesleyan College

Anne
Anne's review of Wesleyan

Anne's review of Wesleyan

Being here is where I want to be. I'm thirty minutes away from home, but I'm far enough that I feel independent. The small campus makes me feel safe, and I have a wonderful group of friends here. I can't imagine leaving. This is my new home.

Shania

I am not currently attending WVWC but I hope to be in the fall. I know people going to this school who really like it and im very interested in becoming a bobcat!! I currently attend Alderson-Broaddus University and I am not comfortable there. it was too much for my taste and I fell in love with Wesleyan visiting one of my friends one weekend.

Partiers and no they do drink some but its not half as bad as other colleges and they have very successful graduating numbers

Sorority and fraternity life along with sorts and musical individuals

I don't go here yet so I don't now, but I hope good!

Tylre

This college is the one place in all my life where every part of me has felt at home.

If I could go back to the fellow who walked out of CCHS in 2009, I would ask him to slow down, because the urgency he chases wealth with isn’t his secret to happiness. I would tell him our high school sweetheart ends up being just a memory, but our family is still always there for us. Next year’s friends are the ones that last, so forget all the haters we had; they’re believers now. Don’t stop dreaming, because you really are capable of achieving anything; we’re doing it now. We love the college environment; academia is our obsession. Just remember to take it all seriously in the classroom; in other words, show up to class! Oh, and go Greek, not for the parties or the girls, but for the friendships and a second home. Those guys will always have your back (Alpha Sigs for life)! Finally, close your eyes with me for just a second. You feel that faith and passion in your heart? Let them burn brightly in everything you do, because we are our best when we stay true to ourselves. Oh and dude . . . I love you.

Anyone who has a record of high absenteeism or simply wants to coast through the majority of your courses should not attend. This college is a top level university in its academics, so very few courses are easy. Most of our professors have doctorates degrees and maintain a high standard of excellence. However, professors will work with you to improve your abilities, as long as you are willing to put in the work. Basically, lazy individuals need not come here. My fraternity has a few men with this unbecoming character trait, and their GPAs reflect it.

Danielle

There are a lot of fraternity boys and sorority girls but it is not uncommon to not be in those organizations. We do have some stoners and a decent amount of people drink, but the campus is pretty safe. Those that drink usually are not loud about it. They either go out or stay in their rooms quietly. The stoners mostly smoke somewhere outside. The staff is pretty good about catching the stoners if they try to smoke inside.

Intramural sports, plays, Bobcat entertainment activities (Big Bingo, comedians, movies, etc.)

Many of the students are friendly. They want to do well in classes but know how to have fun. It is the same as anywhere else with attitude. Some people are rude and others are incredibly nice.

Danielle

I would tell myself to take the AP Calculus class to get ahead a little more. I would also tell myself to be prepared for some of the best times of my life and to be confident. I would meet new friends and excel in most of my classes. Overall, I would not really be telling myself anything I didn't already hope for in high school, rather things that would help encourage me.

The teachers are almost always willing to help you, even if it means changing their schedules around.

The rising tuition is the worst thing about this school because it does not increase the financial aid with the tuition. This makes it difficult to find funds to continue attending. This could be fixed by a 4 year tuition freeze.

Timothy

If i were to give myself advice if i was a high school senior i would tell myself to learn how more about time management, different ways to study, and how to make sure your social life doesnt get in the way of your academic life. Also make sure you are a well rounded person to get along with your roommates. They can come from any where in the world and being open to their values can open up new friendships that may last a life time. One more thing dont be afriad to raise your hand and ask questions in class or after class. Professors are there for a reason to help you learn so dont be shy stand out and let them know you are here to learn.

How demanding the classes were and also how to juggle sports and school work.

How much fun the extra activities our around the school. From the basketball games to the football games there is always something fun todo. I also brag about how much help i get from my professors and how they will do anything for you iif you put in the work to pass their class.

TIMOTHY

College is a great opportunity to learn about yourself and how to manage your independence. Time management and learnng a balance between studying, althletic commitments, and personal time can be overwhelming . Your major focus should be on your academic studies and getting your work done in a timely fashion. Study groups are always helpful and if you fall behind make sure you seek additional help. Most school have tuitors and work shops. If you are an athlete, you are responsible to make sure that you keep eligible by keeping your grades acceptable. College roommates can be a challenge especially if you have never shared a room with anyone. Just remember that we all have different likes /dislikes and habits. Be flexible and accept the differences in others. Laugh a lot.

I do not like the food as it does not have a good flavor and gets worst throughout the year as the semesters progress. The salad bars are fine but the main meal is lacking in variety and quality compared to other collleges.

This college has many activities open to students from sports, cultural, service and social gatherings. The professors know their students by name and are willing to take extra time with them to encourage them in future studies. It a school that focuses not only on academics but most of the students participate in sports. This college is very competitive in all sports.

Lyndsey

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would advise myself to apply myself as a college student-- not to lay back and take it easy first semester. I'd also tell me that "A man is the company he keeps." But the biggest piece of advice would be to take time to discover what I want to do-- don't rush into a major because chances are, you'll change it.

I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone who considers themself to be eccentric, anyone who doesn't like preppy people, or anyone who is easily annoyed by constant noise.

The most frustrating things about West Virginia Wesleyan: 1) the high amount of non-intellects/obnoxious students; 2) the disorganization of student accounts, the registrar's office, housing, etc.; 3)the lack of things to do off-campus; and 4) the cafeteria food/prices of the goods available at the convenience store and the restaurant.

Kelley

The students here are friendly. Being involved with Greek life and sports makes you more popular, however, you can still make close friends if you aren't involved in those.

The school is small, which is very helpful, especially for harder majors such as chemistry or math.

I would tell myself not to worry so much about making a lot of friends. It is better to find close friends that you will be able to count on for more than a year. I would also tell myself to work hard in all my classes, even in the classes not important to my major. Those classes are still important to gain knowledge and experience. I would tell myself not to join a sorority; it takes too much time away from studies and makes it hard to hang out a lot with others not in it. The biggest advice is just to always work hard and take every academic opportunity offered, because it will greatly aid in being accepted into graduate school or getting a good job in your field.

Haven

The school may be small geaographically, but it definitely make sup for it in its academic and athletic areas.

I have gotten a great sense of belonging and achievement from WVWC and I'm very confident that I made the right decisin to come here. It is a great atmosphere, and the professors are all very friendly and strive to be on a first name basis with all of theri students. The campus is small, but it is very tied to the surrouding community and they school and community work well hand in hand. It has been a valuable experience for me because I have realized what it is like to belong to a community so close and what it is like to need help and receive it without too much trouble.

I wish I had known more about the living arrangements and more about the work out rooms.

West Virginia Wesleyan College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.