Buckhannon, WV
West Virginia Wesleyan College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend West Virginia Wesleyan College

Cynthia

It's a great school with amazing academics. There are a lot of different activities to join, so you'll never get bored either. The food may not be the best, but a lot of places deliver and there is an on-campus restaurant. Everyone is very accepting and helpful as well.

Adena

This institution constantly ranks as the top academic institution in West Virginia. The professors are truly the best--they become lifelong mentors and friends who will help their former students years after graduation. Wesleyan faculty and administrators encourage students to be open minded to new possibilities, that all classroom participants are ready/willing to learn, and that each individual should take an active role in their campus/community. The Wesleyan way cultivated and allowed me to blossom into the person I am today and I would choose West Virginia Wesleyan College over again in a heart beat. At the end of the day, who cares about the cafeteria food (special dinner and breakfast was always excellent) or whether a dorm was air conditioned? What truly matters is the quality education earned and the lifelong friendships developed.

Anne
Anne's review of Wesleyan

Anne's review of Wesleyan

Being here is where I want to be. I'm thirty minutes away from home, but I'm far enough that I feel independent. The small campus makes me feel safe, and I have a wonderful group of friends here. I can't imagine leaving. This is my new home.

Shania

I am not currently attending WVWC but I hope to be in the fall. I know people going to this school who really like it and im very interested in becoming a bobcat!! I currently attend Alderson-Broaddus University and I am not comfortable there. it was too much for my taste and I fell in love with Wesleyan visiting one of my friends one weekend.

Partiers and no they do drink some but its not half as bad as other colleges and they have very successful graduating numbers

Sorority and fraternity life along with sorts and musical individuals

I don't go here yet so I don't now, but I hope good!

Tylre

This college is the one place in all my life where every part of me has felt at home.

If I could go back to the fellow who walked out of CCHS in 2009, I would ask him to slow down, because the urgency he chases wealth with isn’t his secret to happiness. I would tell him our high school sweetheart ends up being just a memory, but our family is still always there for us. Next year’s friends are the ones that last, so forget all the haters we had; they’re believers now. Don’t stop dreaming, because you really are capable of achieving anything; we’re doing it now. We love the college environment; academia is our obsession. Just remember to take it all seriously in the classroom; in other words, show up to class! Oh, and go Greek, not for the parties or the girls, but for the friendships and a second home. Those guys will always have your back (Alpha Sigs for life)! Finally, close your eyes with me for just a second. You feel that faith and passion in your heart? Let them burn brightly in everything you do, because we are our best when we stay true to ourselves. Oh and dude . . . I love you.

Anyone who has a record of high absenteeism or simply wants to coast through the majority of your courses should not attend. This college is a top level university in its academics, so very few courses are easy. Most of our professors have doctorates degrees and maintain a high standard of excellence. However, professors will work with you to improve your abilities, as long as you are willing to put in the work. Basically, lazy individuals need not come here. My fraternity has a few men with this unbecoming character trait, and their GPAs reflect it.

Danielle

There are a lot of fraternity boys and sorority girls but it is not uncommon to not be in those organizations. We do have some stoners and a decent amount of people drink, but the campus is pretty safe. Those that drink usually are not loud about it. They either go out or stay in their rooms quietly. The stoners mostly smoke somewhere outside. The staff is pretty good about catching the stoners if they try to smoke inside.

Intramural sports, plays, Bobcat entertainment activities (Big Bingo, comedians, movies, etc.)

Many of the students are friendly. They want to do well in classes but know how to have fun. It is the same as anywhere else with attitude. Some people are rude and others are incredibly nice.

Danielle

I would tell myself to take the AP Calculus class to get ahead a little more. I would also tell myself to be prepared for some of the best times of my life and to be confident. I would meet new friends and excel in most of my classes. Overall, I would not really be telling myself anything I didn't already hope for in high school, rather things that would help encourage me.

The teachers are almost always willing to help you, even if it means changing their schedules around.

The rising tuition is the worst thing about this school because it does not increase the financial aid with the tuition. This makes it difficult to find funds to continue attending. This could be fixed by a 4 year tuition freeze.

Timothy

If i were to give myself advice if i was a high school senior i would tell myself to learn how more about time management, different ways to study, and how to make sure your social life doesnt get in the way of your academic life. Also make sure you are a well rounded person to get along with your roommates. They can come from any where in the world and being open to their values can open up new friendships that may last a life time. One more thing dont be afriad to raise your hand and ask questions in class or after class. Professors are there for a reason to help you learn so dont be shy stand out and let them know you are here to learn.

How demanding the classes were and also how to juggle sports and school work.

How much fun the extra activities our around the school. From the basketball games to the football games there is always something fun todo. I also brag about how much help i get from my professors and how they will do anything for you iif you put in the work to pass their class.

TIMOTHY

College is a great opportunity to learn about yourself and how to manage your independence. Time management and learnng a balance between studying, althletic commitments, and personal time can be overwhelming . Your major focus should be on your academic studies and getting your work done in a timely fashion. Study groups are always helpful and if you fall behind make sure you seek additional help. Most school have tuitors and work shops. If you are an athlete, you are responsible to make sure that you keep eligible by keeping your grades acceptable. College roommates can be a challenge especially if you have never shared a room with anyone. Just remember that we all have different likes /dislikes and habits. Be flexible and accept the differences in others. Laugh a lot.

I do not like the food as it does not have a good flavor and gets worst throughout the year as the semesters progress. The salad bars are fine but the main meal is lacking in variety and quality compared to other collleges.

This college has many activities open to students from sports, cultural, service and social gatherings. The professors know their students by name and are willing to take extra time with them to encourage them in future studies. It a school that focuses not only on academics but most of the students participate in sports. This college is very competitive in all sports.

Lyndsey

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would advise myself to apply myself as a college student-- not to lay back and take it easy first semester. I'd also tell me that "A man is the company he keeps." But the biggest piece of advice would be to take time to discover what I want to do-- don't rush into a major because chances are, you'll change it.

I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone who considers themself to be eccentric, anyone who doesn't like preppy people, or anyone who is easily annoyed by constant noise.

The most frustrating things about West Virginia Wesleyan: 1) the high amount of non-intellects/obnoxious students; 2) the disorganization of student accounts, the registrar's office, housing, etc.; 3)the lack of things to do off-campus; and 4) the cafeteria food/prices of the goods available at the convenience store and the restaurant.

West Virginia Wesleyan College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.