West Virginia Wesleyan College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for West Virginia Wesleyan College

Mayara

The overall cost of attendence for the school is too overpriced for what is provided. Dorms that flood, food that is barely edible, and the overall town the college is in, makes it hard to go do fun activities off-campus. I find it hard to stay at a school that cares more for putting up new benches on campus instead of using the money to help improve dorm rooms and other buildings. As well as upgrading unnecessary parts of the school, then firing majority of the professors and cutting programs that students are in. This school has made me more depressed and harder for me to focus on school when there are many arising issues that keep coming up.

Kelsey

Very good school. Professors are really involved and the small campus provides a safe feeling as well as a fun one since everybody knows almost everybody. A lot of sports and Greek life! The location in the West Virginia mountains means that you are always close to a beautiful location to do outdoor activities.

Katie

For me, West Virginia Wesleyan College is home. Don't get me wrong WVWC has issues, but these are issues you'll always hear people talk about on campus. After being here for three years the food gets bland, maintenance almost never does their job, there's issues with transparency in some of the staff. Those are just some of the "bad" things. Some of the good things on campus are: your teachers are always there for you, you'll make great friends, if you're interested in Greek life they are almost always doing something, the locals are great, if you don't have a car and need to get to Walmart the college provides a shuttle, and so much more. I truthfully cant explain my love for WVWC. You have to visit to get a glimpse of the experience.

Adena

This institution constantly ranks as the top academic institution in West Virginia. The professors are truly the best--they become lifelong mentors and friends who will help their former students years after graduation. Wesleyan faculty and administrators encourage students to be open minded to new possibilities, that all classroom participants are ready/willing to learn, and that each individual should take an active role in their campus/community. The Wesleyan way cultivated and allowed me to blossom into the person I am today and I would choose West Virginia Wesleyan College over again in a heart beat. At the end of the day, who cares about the cafeteria food (special dinner and breakfast was always excellent) or whether a dorm was air conditioned? What truly matters is the quality education earned and the lifelong friendships developed.

Wesleyan is a great college. Sure there are some bumps here and there, but there is no such thing as a perfect school. Every school has a crack in the sidewalk here and maybe a leak in the gym there, but honestly Wesleyan was the perfect choice for me. The faculty are wonderful and are always willing to help you and truly want the best for you. The small class rooms provide you with a close relationship with your professor. After only spending one semester here I already feel so close to at least two of my professors. I know that if I ever needed anything they would be there to help me. The "party scene" is nothing like what I have seen in larger universities. I expected when I came to college that there would be partying and drinking but to my surprise there is not a lot that goes on. Wesleyan may not a big family but we are a welcoming family. Everywhere you go you'll see a smiling face. We are all so blessed and happy to be at such a beautiful school. We welcome all who are interested in joining us!

Gabriella

West Virginia Wesleyan College is a great school with amazing departments, especially English and Gender Studies. Every professor I've encountered cares a lot about helping students succeed, the campus is beautiful year round, and it has plenty of resources in and out of the library as well as campus functions and activities. There is always something to do! There are only small complaints of college life I would have, but they are minuscule compared to the over all good I've experienced! So, overall, I love Wesleyan!

Cynthia

It's a great school with amazing academics. There are a lot of different activities to join, so you'll never get bored either. The food may not be the best, but a lot of places deliver and there is an on-campus restaurant. Everyone is very accepting and helpful as well.

Anne

Being here is where I want to be. I'm thirty minutes away from home, but I'm far enough that I feel independent. The small campus makes me feel safe, and I have a wonderful group of friends here. I can't imagine leaving. This is my new home.

It is a very nice college, it is easy to feel at home and meet new people. Everyone is very helpful if you need it.

Hanna

West Virginia Wesleyan College is one of the best colleges out there. Because it is a small school the class sizes are usually small. This makes it easier to have one on one time with your professors. Class are less than a five minute walk if you live in campus. Little to none partying happens. And when it does happen it's never a super crazy party. The staff and students here are super friendly. This is a great campus to live on

Evan

West Virginia Wesleyan College is a fun place that has teachers, students, and faculty member that care. Class sixes are small so students are able to personally know their teachers and fellow classmates. Students can have fun on weekends, yet understand the importance of class work.

Timothy

West Virginia Wesleyan College is a nice place to be! there's a lot to do while on campus, including fraternities and sororities. there are lots of friendly folks on campus, which make s you feel at home, right from the moment you get here.. it has good facilities apart from academics as well!

West Virginia Wesleyan has many opportunities for each type of person no matter their interests or hobbies. Everyone there is very nice and friendly. It is a safe place to be and a great place to learn. The faculty and staff are very supportive of the students and want them to succeed. They try to make themselves available when students need help. West Virginia Wesleyan College is a great place to discover who you are and find out what you want to be.

Destiny

I am a transfer student of West Virginia Wesleyan College. I was a little nervous coming to campus as a traditional student because I am much older than most "traditional students"; however, I am proud to say that I am a student here and have no problem letting people know where I go to school! The nursing program has been wonderful! The board pass rate is 100%, which is a far cry from the 60% of my last program. My only regret is that West Virginia Wesleyan was not my first choice! I plan to continue my education to obtain my master's in nursing.

West Virginia Wesleyan is my home among the hills. Even though there is not a ton to do around campus shopping wise, you are only a few hours away from the prettiest places in the state. The people are so nice, and the teachers are very helpful. Everyone is one big family here.

Faith

The small class sizes are extremely beneficial. The cafeteria food often has students searching for off-campus nourishment. We have some decent restaurants on main street. Students are normally involved in either Greek life or athletics. Due to the small student body it's vital to keep busy. Wesleyan can be fun at times when you are hanging out with friends or having fun at a party. Adversity is ever-present and will build character and reinforce your beliefs and values.

Julian

I mainly picked West Virginia Wesleyan, because I appreciated the class sizes and how the professors take the time to really get to know their students. My professors are amazing, and I know them on a personal level. They really know me and know my goals for success.

Logan

West Virginia Wesleyan College is a well accredited institution. There are many different things that make this college as great as it is. One of the main factors that makes West Virginia Wesleyan so great is the faculty and staff. They are all extremely approachable and have a passion for teaching. I haven't found an aspect of West Virginia Wesleyan that I don't like, and I doubt I ever will. I couldn't imagine going anywhere else.

Julian

I believe that West Virginia Wesleyan is a great option for incoming students, who are looked to broaden their horizons and start a journey that will put them on the path to the rest of their lives! The staff and faculty are amazing people, who are almost always available and will sit with you to figure out how to achieve your goals.

Timothy

West Virginia Wesleyan College is a wonderful school to be part of! It offers a wide range of academic majors, sports and different things you can do out of class, to break the school work monotony. the professors and the staff are a friendly people, which makes your stay here enjoyable and comfortable.

The school needs some major updates. The food is terrible and there are minimal options if you have any food allergies. The printers and facilities are rarely working and there is not many handicap accessibility options. the athletics have little care for their athletes. If you get injured you are either not believed or you are not able to get the care that you may be in need of. If you get sick, you better get your wallet out. there is no frees health care and the doctors don't know what they are talking about. we and a suicide on campus but forget getting help for students who are suffering. there is not a counseling center anymore. We are a Methodist school that has no Chaplin or priest so religion, its kinda difficult to encourage.

Felicia

Wesleyan will forever be my home among the hills. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there making new friends and developing professional relationships with my professors. I honestly have to say you get what you pay for, Wesleyan is extremely expensive but I wouldn't trade the education I received there for any other college/university. GO BOBCATS :)

Owen

During my time at West Virginia Wesleyan College, my academic performance, my involvement in extracurricular activities on campus exemplify the hardworking and ambitious character I possess. As a result of my hard work, I have been inducted into the Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society and Beta Beta National Honor Society for my outstanding academic performance. Outside of the classroom, I’m a sprinter on Wesleyan’s Track and Field Team, a member and recently elected secretary of the Black Student Union, and the Student Senate. As the year came to an end, I sat back and realized that I have experienced so much this past year and Wesleyan is shaping me to be a world changer. This is more than I could even see in myself before attending this college.

Madison

As a student-athlete and intellectually demanding student of WVWC, I can truly say that the professors and staff I have had the pleasure to work with over the past three years have been nothing but excellent. With a small campus and small class sizes, Wesleyan students have the opportunity to engage with professors on a personal and academic level that is unmatched in its ability to provide students with aid, guidance, and an overall commitment to academic and professional excellence. Professors care about their students and genuinely know them, and are often willing to go above and beyond to ensure our success. I have had to navigate sporting conflicts, study abroad challenges, and scheduling obstacles. Rather than go it alone or encounter resistance, however, faculty and staff members of WVWC have done their best to help me achieve my goals and ensure I am on the best path to success. The specialized accessibility, encouragement of intellectual prowess, and personalized education I have received through Wesleyan are something I will forever be grateful for, and will allow me to confidently move forward in my future academic and career oriented goals.