Western Carolina University Top Questions

Savannah

The most frustrating thing about Western Carolina University is the lack of parking for freshman and upperclassman.

There is nothing in the surrounding area to do on weekends that could be found in an urban setting. Our football not being able to win more than one game last season is also something we are frustrated at.

Teri

N/A

I don't really find anything about Western frustrating. I have had a really positive experience the whole time I've been here.

joshua

a bit out of the way

I would say that the most frustrating thing is budget cuts. I understand this is the entire state but I feel it is unfair. I'm very concerned that the classes I need for graduation will not be offered in the semester I need them due to these budget cuts. It has already affected other classmates of mine and I can not financially go any longer than one more year. I feel it is very unfair to us students

Larry

It is not in the same category as some of the bigger name schools, and when competing for some of the better jobs does not stack up when competing against someone who graduated with a degree from one of these gigger name schools.

The most frustrating thing about going to Western is the location. There is not much to do around here. There are several fast food restaurants and one movie theatre and that's about it. It would be nice if they would build a place for teenagers to hang out besides parties.

The most frustrating part of my schooling is how I graduated highschool 6 years ago and I am now in classes with 18 and 19 year old adults that have know problems with class material since they had just taken it the year prior. I am starting college as a 24 year old ex army medic with plenty of real world knowledge just not as much schooling. I have to relearn how to learn and it is frustrating.

The most frustrating thing about Western Carolina is trying to find a parking spot, especially if you are a freshman. We have certain lots where we can not park because it is for Upperclassmen or Commuters, and if we park there we will get a parking ticket. Then during football games we are told to move our cars from the only other parking spots since they use that area to tailgate. It's just crazy!

Chelsey

The only real frustrating thing that I can even think of is the lack of things to do around campus. The school is located in the mountains in a small town, so there is not a lot of things to do outside of the school, however WCU does offer many activities to entertain different interest of students. Its just at time Cullowhee can become a little bit boring, you have to learn to come up with your own interesting and fun things to do sometimes.

The long walk to some of the buildings and classes.

Talia

It is very small. There isn't much to do on the weekends and everyone goes home. The town we live in doens't have any activities for the college students to do on the weekend. There aren't any theaters, malls, clubs or things like that in our town.

allison

Wish they had more variety of clubs. did more things on campus...free things! movies, games, sports, more advertising for club/intermural sports and more ease in forming teams

Tabatha

Trying to make sure I get financial aid in time so I can pay for next semester, or next year and finding jobs.