Western Governors University Top Questions

Lack of 1-on-1 face time with counselors and instructors

Anjuli

The strict 3.0 policy! :-)

Ashlyn

nothing

Grading would be the only thing I am not the biggest fan of. Objective assessments are fine; you get the grade back immediately. Performance assessments are the the most frustrating. Sometimes it could take several days to know what your grade is. A lot of the time, your work is returned for minor errors.

Nothing.

Western Governor's University is a distance learning university founded by nineteen governors from the Western United States. The opportunity for me to continue my education would be non-existant where it not for WGU. I get to live at home with my family and still work while attending school. My advise to prospective students is to never give up on their dreams. If there is a will, WGU is the way. If it were not for WGU, my education would have ended with an assosiates degree, but because WGU offers on-line learning I'm still pursuing my dream.

Darlyne

Most fustrating is that I have to take Humanities/Art/Liturature class. I don not see where I will ever use this in teaching children with diabilities. But I realize that it is a requirement so I must push forward and remember the light at the end of the tunnel. It is just a learning lesson, life is full of things we dislike. We just have to suck it up and move on.

Shana

Not having interaction with other students, however, the overall experience so far as been wonderful.

none

Knowing that you could do more but chose not to.

The most frustrating thing about the University would be having to wait on getting the necessary login information to the learning resources once enrolled.

Although students can interact with each other and their professors via telephone, email and internet forums, sometimes a student can miss the face to face interaction of students and faculty.

Nam

The thing that frustrating about my school is it in Utah. It would've been nice if there had a campus in California or near my area so it would be easy to go to. You know full access at anytime.