Western Governors University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Western Governors University

Wise professors who would do anything it takes to help you succeed and see the value in yourself. I feel valued by the professors and always encouraged to give my opinion and to remain humble to ask questions and gain insight. Professors treat you as an individual with your own creative set of ideas and to tap into that with wisdom and grace.

Heather

I absolutely love the at your own pace environment! I'm able to have family time, take a mental break if I need to, and literally study ANYWHERE! If it wasn't for the make my own schedule to study, more than likely I wouldn't be in school today! The memtors and professors can be extremely helpful. If you're more comfortable with peer help before reaching the out to the professor, there are many peers groups to join.

Casey

I never regret going to WGU. The graduation rate is actually, percentage wise, low. That is because it is self paced. You are in charge of how fast or slow you go. You have a weekly call with your mentor that stays with you from your first day until your last. I bonded really good with my mentor. For what they do and care about you, they are under paid. As far as the IT path, you have to typically get certifications. That is a double bonus, first you learn the topic, then you get a cert that you can carry to your next job and add to your resume. I wish they had more options for my Masters, my Bachelors I do not regret at all. Also, it is really really affordable. I think I paid around 6000 USD a year or less. You pay per semester, not per credit. So if your motivated, you can really take advantage of this school. I can't recommend any other school above WGU.

Amy

I loved my experience at WGU. I was able to complete my degree according to my timeline, online degree accepted immediately! I was pursuing my degree at the age of 50, so I did not want to waste my time in classes that I had life experience and knowledge in. WGU allowed me to focus my attention on what I needed to learn, not what I already knew!

Overall I like the structure of WGU. It is all online which makes it easier for me to do schooling, work full time and raise a family. Although there are some changes that could definitely be made to improve some areas, I know the school is working on it.

Makayla

I LOVE western governors university. Best school decision I have ever made. It is super flexible with your schedule and all the staff is incredibly helpful. It really is tailored around you and the fact it’s self paced definitely helps those who are working or have other priorities.

Zachary

I like the school for its flexibility and allowing me to work at my own pace. We are allowed to take our classes in which ever order we wish, as long as we fulfill the prerequisites for the few classes that require such. Thankfully we pay by semester rather than class. Since we pay by semester, we can take as many classes in a term as possible as long as we pass 75% of the classes for the registered term.

Danielle

I absolutely love it! The classes are structured so well and they are self-paced so if you are very motivated you can complete your degree faster than you would at a traditional school. There is also endless support; the entire staff is always so nice and willing to help in any way! Best online university ever!

London

Fantastic school - the mentors, the course instructors, the resources available all come together to make the difficult, rigorous curriculum understandable, and eventually doable. There's few other programs I imagine that prepare you for your career as well as this school does.

Great School! I can work at my pace or I can get more hours in a semester if I want to work and graduate faster!

Cydney

I have really enjoyed the little time that I have been attending WGU thus far. I have just gotten through orientation, but I have been helped so much along the way. I honestly have never been met with such great customer service and care by staff members. When I first applied, I was cutting it very close to the deadline for the month, but my enrollment counselor pushed for me and now, I am on track to begin on the date that I wanted to. I am so thrilled that I was able to apply to WGU and be accepted in such short time. I honestly wouldn't have been able to do it without my enrollment counselor, Ric Taylor. I was met with such care and helpfulness that I will be recommending WGU to anyone who wants to do online schooling.

Carl

I enjoy Western Governors University. It is a Great Learning environment for the at home student. I work full time and have a wife and three kids. Western Governors University enables me to continue my education even with my other responsibilities. The professors are very good. I feel like I'm getting a high quality education and for a low price. WGU is GREAT!!!

Veronica

They are awesome! I'm taking online classes and professors are always accessible and helpful. My mentor is very helpful. I enjoy working at my own pace. When I have technology problems, they are resolved in a timely manner. Everyone has treated me with respect and cares for you as a person. You are not just a number.

Nick

This is a great university for someone who can dedicate time for online learning. The structure of the curriculum is different from other universities . Competence instead of grade . Student can finish as much courses as he can in a six month period. This is a cost effective university that help student save money on college.

Jo-Hannah Liz

WGU is an excellent online university. I was able to complete my program at my own pace, without it conflicting with my schedule. I am a full-time high school teacher; I do not have enough time to drive to a class and sit at a lecture for an hour or more just to drive back home exhausted. WGU is also very supportive and attentive towards its students. I got weekly support from a mentor; my mentor made sure that I was staying on top of the goals that I set for myself so I could finish my coursework. If I was struggling in a class, I could digitally meet with the professor or just correspond via email. All the professors I have worked with were knowledgeable, kind, and prompt with email responses. WGU is also great at making sure that all the learning we do is relevant and applicable to your field. All of the work and material the professors gave was useful to my current teaching position, not some arbitrary assignment to assess trivial skills.

Jane

Affordable, the self-paced feature makes it very appealing and feasible for many working people. I wish I can know the answers to questions I got wrong in preassessments so that I will not go through the course without ever acquiring that knowledge, is the reason I didn't give a five star. It is perfect otherwise!

Clayton

It is completely online and very flexible, balancing work, family and school can be a challenge in and by itself but with the mobile app I am able to access my class and studies anytime anywhere. The courses are challenging and up to date with applicable information that relates to today's industries.

James

I am about to enroll as a graduate student in their masters of education. I have been extremely impressed with the admissions staff and I am excited to complete my prerequisites and start school in the fall. The flexibility and online first attached me as a potential student. I am also impressed with their affordability.

Carol

Good learning environment for adult learners - I'm new to the school but so far very impressed with the process that has been used for admissions. I am looking forward to the accelerated learning opportunities ahead of me. Other reviews are mixed - would be happy to re-review in 6 months.

Joni

I love the competency based approach and the online availability. From the enrollment counselor to the weekly mentor check ins, they are a well established and prepared facility to help you meet your educational goals. I love having the ability to complete however many classes I am able in a term and still only being charged a term fee. Wonderful places to receive an education.

Robyn

I feel the college is a good fit for me. It is all based online and is cheaper then public and private university's. You go at your own pace and can do as many classes as you want in a six month time frame. You are assigned a student mentor that will call you every week and help you to accomplish your goals for the term. The course mentors are extremely useful as well. They are experts in their area of study.

Madison

This university truly allows individuals to work at their own pace. With a flat rate paid per semester, students are free to add more classes to their semester as they are comfortable. As a student, you'll have someone to help you every step of the way. You'll have an enrolment counselor, general advisor, and classroom instructors who've made themselves very available to students.

Tamela

I LOVE Western Governor's. It is an online university so you don't get the normal interaction with students and teachers that you would at a normal university, but as someone who works full time, this set up works great. The student mentors are incredible helpful and always cheering you on. The course mentors are not as accessible, but they are always willing to help you solve a problem. I would highly recommend this university to anyone interested in furthering their educaiton.

Jaime

I truly enjoy the culture of on-line learning. I like the fact that I can take my classes in the comfort of my home and not commute, dealing with traffic, increasing gas prices, and wear and tear of my vehicle. My mentor has been very helpful in making sure I am on track with my studies and my instructors are phenomenal, they really have a deep interest in me succeeding in my studies. I've enjoyed the discussions we have as a class because there is so much diversity. The fact that I can express my thoughts; without judgement; is a major perk. I've enjoyed my classes more than I did when I went to a conventional college due to the accessibility of classes, mentors, counselors, and anything I may need assistance with. Western Governors University has allowed me to balance my work and studies in a very positive manner. I admit, I was a bit terrified to go back to college at my age but WGU has made it almost effortless. They set students up to succeed and I am on my path. Thank you for believing in me as I believe in myself! I would definitely recommend Western Governors University to anyone looking to further their career at any age.

Jeopardi

I love their learning process and cannot say enough good things about them! My adviser is absolutely amazing! She always makes time for me, no matter the question. My course faculty continues to be available no matter the time of day. The tuition is more than affordable.

The best choice in my education was choosing to attend Western Governors University. The affordable tuition and infinite amount of resources both in staff support and class materials are amazing! This institution is extremely current in encouraging student relations via social media and virtual classes and webinars.

Roberta

One of the top rated, regionally and nationally accredited online universities on the market. These are real degrees that you can plan on working your tail off to acquire. Here you pay for time, not classes. If you manage to finish your required classes for the semester, you can pull in additional classes at no extra expense. The library, tutoring labs, available at any time professors (all with a PhD) are out of this world. I have completed one degree on a traditional campus, and truly feel that I am learning more, retaining more, and wasting a lot less time with this university. Go Night Owls!

Abbey

Western Governors University provided me with an excellent learning experience! The school was affordable and extremely helpful throughout my entire journey. I already had a bachelor's degree when I decided I wanted a career change and enrolled in Western Governors. WGU allowed me to use previous knowledge to advance through classes that I was familiar with so that I did not waste time or money. Additionally, the professors and support materials provided in all courses were easily accessible and highly helpful. I cannot say enough about how well WGU prepared me to enter the educational field or how much I enjoyed my experience there. Western Governors University provided me with such an excellent experience that I am returning to pursue a master's degree.

Madelyn

I am not attending yet but I am thrilled to be attending this fall. My brother-in-law currently attends and so farI love what i have seen and heard about the whole process. I am so happy to have found a way to complete my degree and still provide for ny husband and I while he attends school as well.

HEATHER

Since day one ("I'm interested" submission online) I have felt and overwhelming feeling of support, care and motivation from all the mentors. They have always been available for questions and concerns. The entire flow of the registration process to academic studies is more then I expected. They are so thorough and full of information for all your many questions. Tuition is more then fair. Getting access to your entire program and being able to excel as fast as you can prove competency over the 6 month terms is very rewarding. WGU and the Night Owls are an amazing family of individuals to be apart of.

Jamie

I love it. You can do online classes and take it at my own pace. Classes can take up to a week or month depending how fast you want to get done. Also it's only one turtion. It doesn't go up if you have to retake a class.

Jody

I love the curriculum, access to instructors by phone, email, etc any time I have any questions. I really enjoy the ease and flexibility of the classes. I am able to take some classes online when needed. i also like that I can take proctored tests when needed to fit in with my family schedule.

Alise

Western Governors University is a fantastic college! The students attending and the course mentors/professors are diverse and very open minded. This is a college I would highly recommend to any individual, specifically single mothers or students who have struggled at a community college or an on campus university. The prices are very affordable, the support to help you be successful is all of your classes is phenomenal, and you are always made to feel like you can and will succeed!

Codee

I have enjoyed my time at WGU so far! I love that the curriculum is all online and I am able to go at my own pace! I highly recommend this school to anyone that needs flexibility! This is the perfect way to earn your degree even if you work full-time or have a family!

Everyone is here for each other. Educators listen to the students. Mentors thrive for us to go for our goal and graduate.

Shannon

I transferred to WGU from another college to finish my masters degree in special education. Overall, I have been extremely happy with this change. The flexibility of WGU is great along with the course mentors who are always available to help when needed. I like how they keep you accountable and have follow up calls to track your progress. Also, the information learned is very practical.

Rachael

WGU is the best University! I am earning my degree without loans, and on my own schedule. I am a non-traditional student. WGU allows me to work and earn my Education degree. I have professors that help me anytime and mentors that support me academically as well as personally. I feel pride in being a WGU student and encourage others to take the step and call. There are caring advisors that will take each step with you. Before you know it, you will be graduating and seeking employment that you have dreamt about! WGU is right for me and I know it will be right for you!

Aaron

I’ve enjoyed my time at this university compared to others that I’ve attended. The people are so helpful and willing to lend a hand if you need it. I would advise others to attend this school, not just because of the help that is provided, but it is also economically sound as well.

Pennie Leigh

Western Governor's University is the best school I have ever encountered. The support and instruction here help to create a pathway to success. The courses are relative and informative and the support to pass and truly understand each concept is amazing. The encouragement for each student is greater than I have ever experienced before. I absolutely love this school. I recommend it constantly to ANYONE seeking a degree.

Rich

I am very pleased with my educations success thus far with WGU. Its very affordable. I enjoy the one on one time with my subtend mentors. Overall, I am happy with WGU and the education that I am receiving to help better my future.

Victoria

So far, my experience has been great! I've had attentive, hard-working staff help me get started and make sure I meet all qualifications required to start my program and be successful. I highly recommend this University setting for hard working, self-motivators.

rachel

I have not went to school here yet because i had plans to graduate early and they fell through however i talked to them quite a lot and it is an online school so it suits a lot of people especially if your busy. This college has a great team ready to help you when you need it i can't wait to attend this school.

Alexandria

It's an online school. It's more difficult than a brick-and-mortar school, but the convenience outweighs the curriculum. You also earn credits for experience, so that's a plus. The professors are knowledgeable. You earn industry certifications as you progress.

Bart

Simple scheduling with help available anytime. The course is a direct layout for the major that is selected. Overall it is a great school especially for busy adults with full schedules. The professors are always willing to help every student. Attention to details is amazing and the resources they have available are endless.

Western Governors University is a fully accredited online university. I know several graduates who were placed in the jobs that they were striving for in different states. The faculty is always available for meaningful talks about my degree path or the courses I'm working on. I have tons of support including resources for legal and emotional needs. The student base is active in supporting each other on our paths and that sense of community is really helpful! It is still hard work, but the competency based curriculum has kept me from having to spend a lot of time on busy work on courses where my real world experience has given me knowledge. I have been able to focus primarily on the skills that I need to improve. If you are self motivated like I am this degree path can be a perfect choice! It's also less expensive than most brick and mortar schools so that's a bonus too. I recommend requesting some information on the programs they offer!

Clacie

Overall, I enjoyed my time at WGU online. However, it seems strange that you're unable to get a higher or lower GPA and you're unable to fail a class without dropping out. I did learn a lot during my online study time, but there are really no teachers. You're given a book to read and study from and some resources to go with it. It wasn't a huge challenge to finish my degree there and would've liked a little more interaction or a few more challenges. Homework would have been nice, too. However, I did learn quite a bit of information from my self-study and my time at WGU.

Pavel

I love it, classes are on my schedule. I can take as many courses as I please.

Amy

WGU was the answer to me completing my degree after many years of attempting traditional college.

Paula

WGU has given me the opportunity to let me open my own heart and mind to absorb all I can learn, and to honestly find joy in it. In me going back to school to continue my education, and for a second career, studying business is an area of study that I can take into many areas.

Keithroy

Western Governors University is a good school, especially for students who wish to pursue IT degrees. This is because at the end of the academic journey_ graduation, students not only get the piece of paper, documenting their achievement of making it to the end, but also industrialized certifications that many employers seek! I am close to graduating and I get called all the time because of the certifications that I have. I am employed full-time and enrolled full-time, tuition is really killing me right now but I do not want to quit since I am so close. I wish I did not have to worry about money.