Western Governors University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Western Governors University

Paula

WGU has given me the opportunity to let me open my own heart and mind to absorb all I can learn, and to honestly find joy in it. In me going back to school to continue my education, and for a second career, studying business is an area of study that I can take into many areas.

Keithroy

Western Governors University is a good school, especially for students who wish to pursue IT degrees. This is because at the end of the academic journey_ graduation, students not only get the piece of paper, documenting their achievement of making it to the end, but also industrialized certifications that many employers seek! I am close to graduating and I get called all the time because of the certifications that I have. I am employed full-time and enrolled full-time, tuition is really killing me right now but I do not want to quit since I am so close. I wish I did not have to worry about money.

Asma

I am actually a new student here. So far I have had nothing but good things to say about this school. My counselors and mentors are always just a thought away. They are never hard to reach. I think the uniqueness of this school gives students the extra edge needed for success. If you are looking for a chance to succeed and are not afraid to ask questions, this is the University to allow you to make it as fast as you are able.

jenn

best online school ever. the mentors are extremely helpful. they will do everything in their power to help you get to where you need to be. they are always just an email away. student mentor is great they are there for support. i could not have chosen a better school

Susanne

It is a wonderful option for alternative students and utilizeses established methods. There is no physical campus and students can study at their own pace within a given semester parameter, making sure to meet basic progress milestones. The student mentors are essential and function as a liaison. Course mentors are experts in their field.

Adam

I LOVE WGU!!! So far I've told all my family, friends and coworkers about WGU. My mentor is the perfect cross between a cheerleader and drill sergeant. She seems to know exactly when to push and when to give me a pick me up and put my nerves at ease. A huge thank you to the whole WGU crew.

Laquisha

I love the fact that they are online and available whenever I had an awesome program mentor who calls me each week. I set goals, and she held me accountable. When life threw stuff at me, we would adjust my plan, but we would always stay on plan. Overall its a great school

Jill

I have completed my BSN and I am currently working on my MSN through WGU. I returned because the program is amazing. I work at my pace. I have all the support that I need. Tuition and books are included for one price and is extremely affordable. I encourage every nurse I know the check out this school.

Caroline

I love WGU, the fact that tuition is cheap, its accessible anywhere, its flexible with your schedule, everything is on your time. Self accountability and responsibility at its highest. Your mentor is always there for you, and there are plenty of resources if you feel that you are falling behind in class. This school completely breaks the traditional schooling paradigm and only gives you what you need to know that specializes to that degree. I HIGHLY recommend it. No more wasting time with a bunch of material.

Rebecca Ashley

I have been very pleased with Western Governors University and the opportunities it has presented in my life. I'm very impressed with how in tune professors are and how on top of things the counselors are with their students. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who is interested.

rebecca

I have nothing but a very pleasurable experience so far.

Amber

Western Governors University is an online college. What's great about it's format is you can learn and complete classes at your own pace.

WGU has made the enrollment process super easy! They really want you to succeed, and provide the tools to do so. Working with my enrollment counselor has been a piece of cake, and getting into my Master's program has been no problem. I love that it's an all-online school, so I can continue working full-time while I work towards my advanced degree.

Chuck

After hearing President Obama, our higher education president, outline education goals throughout his administration as essential for economic/societal well-being and specifically mentioning my college Western Governors University (WGU) as a way for the United States to have the highest number of degreed individuals in any country I applied. My school is a Title IV institution which allows me to feel confident in what is taught there. I also appreciate that I can concentrate when it fits my schedule rather than when it fits a schedule set up to the advantage of others. WGU offers solid, competency-based coursework and the potential to pursue all degree levels at a flat fee. I would recommend this school to anyone as a way to improve their life and society.

Gerald

This school is what you are looking for. The help is outstanding , the class sizes are small quod will know everyone. The price of classes are low and the education is the best I am 58 years old and I can walk into a company and feel I can start work right away

Antonio

Great college in which has been very helpful to me every since applying for this college. I have been dealing w/ them for a few months and I have been telling others about this college w/ hopes that they'll give Western Governors University and try. I am looking forward to obtaining my degree from WGU

Best school ever. I am so thankful I found a college that is affordable and works with my schedule. My biggest fear was getting into debt, but thanks to Western Governors University I am able to survive. I never thought going to work full time and college full time would be a possibility, but WGU made it so!

Autumn

I love the fact that it is all online at your own pace. Not many colleges offer that, but with WGU the instructors are always available for you. The staff there respond very quickly and are eager to help you. As well as instructers they have tutors and academic performance advisers.

Doris Angeline

Overall the college provides excellent programs with instructors who are accessible and helpful. They are also responsive. Class materials are mobile and I can study anywhere. The cost is affordable and there are scholarships available. The course mentor are also helpful.

Very Unique online school and at a really good price. They will take all kinds of transfers as credit including life or job experience. Basically they give you the tools to learn and do not micromanage you. The degrees they have carved out are specific and well thought out. Each and every class they give you is important yet right up the same subject you are likely already interested in so there is not alot of wasted time studying things you do not care about.

Jaqulyn

I believe WGU is great for students who need to focus on work and other activities in their lives. WGU is great for mothers, fathers, workers, teens, adults and anyone who is flexible with their schedule. WGU allows me to feel accomplished because I am moving forward with my degree even though I am working full time.

This school is geat. It meets my needs with flexible hours and affordable tuition. I am able to keep working to support my family while attending classes online full-time. My Program Mentor is awesome and my instructors are easily reachable. I am enjoying my education here!

Gitta

Sweet!

Mysti

WGU is a school for those who want to go their own pace...be that slower or faster than normal. You pay one term fee and can attend as many classes as you can complete. It is a great option financially for those who think an online university is for them.

Ashutne

I think the school is awesome

Mark

For a campus-less school, they do a pretty decent job. They even try to create social things via social media. I'm just not much into social. No place is perfect, but this is certainly a lot better than someone my age trying to deal with a regular school with a mixed bag of ages.

Lisa

I love the college. I do online classes but everyone I have ever spoke too says the campus is awesome and I don't feel cheated by doing online. I feel like the college makes every effort to maintain communication with me and their students. I talk to my mentor every week and she is very friendly and encourages me to do things within the college.

lydia

As a working mother and grandmother, I can appreciate having a web-based college that allows me to do school on my schedule. Western Governors University not only has a wide variety of degree programs to choose from, but the are also the most affordable college I've found.

Bryce

It was a great college to go to online, a lot of these questions do not take into account for the online courses. I own a small construction company, so being able to do school work on my terms, while also being able to run a company, made school a lot more manageable. Great overall experience!

The school is completely online, many of the star ratings didn't take that into consideration. I really enjoy the setup of the learning program and would highly recommend it for motivated distance learners. My assigned mentors is always available to guide, motivate and provide any assistance needed.

Nikki

Western Governors University is an online university so many of these questions don't apply but it is an amazing choice if they have your degree program. You are able to attend school from your own home at any hour of the day for as long or as short as you like. There are no class times, it is all on your own pace. Being responsible for your own studies works for some but not for others. They have mentors and professors at your beck and call. You schedule a weekly meeting with your mentor who supports you and helps you with any questions you have. They provide you books, seminars, live workshops and professors to ask questions of or learn from. Its really an amazing set up. I have already received my Bachelors and am going back for me Masters.

Shana

Western Governors University was a perfect fit for me. I live on Hawaii Island and the nearest University is a two hour drive. I am also undergoing chemotherapy so distance learning allows me the flexibility to take a break when I am not feeling well. They offer a wide range of special services available to their students including tutoring, counseling, and legal advice. The mentoring started before enrollment and I was guided in by professionals and alumni. WGU helped me obtain scholarships and grants that made my dream of graduating a close reality. My skepticism of online universities has disappeared and I now realize they are innovations of a productive society.

Ramie

WGU's online classes allow me to study on my own time and maintain a personal and professional life outside of school. Every student is paired up with a mentor to help guide you through your classes, keep you motivated, and directed you where to go when obstacles arise.

I appreciate the flexibility that Western Governors University provides. I can schedule study time, meetings and calls with mentors and professors around my schedule, and take exams around my daily life. The classes are well laid out, very informative, and incredibly useful and relevant to my field of study. I highly recommend WGU!

Amber

Western Governors University is a phenomenal institution for a motivated self starter, adults going back, people in rural communities, and really anyone whose interested in online education. The coursework is challenging, and they have the best online programs. The cost per 6 month term is only 3500 all inclusive and you can finish as many classes as you want and are able to. As someone who was highly motivated and already working in my field of study, getting a masters degree was a breeze, I finished in 9 months because I already possessed the knowledge and WGU didn't hold me back! I highly recommend it to anyone!

Robert

I have really enjoyed my first 2 months at WGU. My mentor is awesome and she keeps me accountable in hitting my weekly and monthly academic goals. I really enjoy the convenience and resources that WGU has to offer. I will definitely be a proponent for the school for other working adults, like myself.

Christina

Great School ! It will meet all my needs. They have been so good this far. They are really through with all the paperwork makes sure that you have sorted your I’s and crossed your T’s. I am so glad that WGU is going to help me get my teaching degree.

Jordan

Great advisors, good learning environment

Brian

Western Governor’s University is an online school. The curriculum is fairly intuitive once you get the hang of things. The professors and instructors are usually very good about following up and giving good advice to help students navigate their courses. The only drawback is learning what is necessary to read and what is not. This is nearly impossible without a phone call to the course instructors. Instructors are very accessible though. They have very good MBA program. All courses are either pass or fail. If you want to transfer to another college you should be aware that your grade point average will transfer as a 3.0 GPA. You should keep this in mind when considering education beyond a master’s degree. If you attend WGU there are weekly calls with a student mentor that you are assigned to work with during the duration of your course work. Though WGU advertises that you can go through their degree programs at your own pace, there is a minimum completion speed to maintain good academic standing. Every student must pass at least one course per semester. Failure to do so is counted as an academic withdrawal. Semesters are exactly six months long. Theoretically because you can attend at your own pace, any degree could be completed in one semester. Between every semester students are allowed up to a three month break. When completing courses, there are usually somewhere between three and five attempts at submitting papers or passing exams. If you are a self-starter and don’t mind playing by the rules, WGU is an excellent place to get a master’s degree.

I use Western Governors University as an online school, which is why I found it hard to answer the above questions accurately. However, for it being the online school that it is, that academics are pristine. I'm learning so much, and I can manage my life with school flowing around it, rather than flowing my life around school. I can work more at my current job, and I basically do it whenever I can, adding up to the approximate amount of time that an average student spends their time doing school work. There is even an app where I can do school work from my phone if need be. Since my school is on my laptop, that is also a plus when it comes to spending time doing work; I can take it anywhere! The teachers and counselors always try their best to reply to emails. They are almost readily available for call appointments after an appointment time is set. They also love what they do. They are not just doing it for the money. The classwork is manageable. You can test out of classes that are already familiar to you, making your goal of graduation closer than you think. You can also add more classes to your 'semester' without it costing extra to you. Since Western Governors University does not have any set date to hand projects or papers in, it is important to feel motivated. You can take as long as you want in a class to complete it by taking that final test, however, your student counselors will always be there to encourage you and set a one day a week call to check in with you and make sure you are keeping up with your weekly goals. They want you to complete each class as much as you do. Western Governors University was the best choice for me because I do not want to have debt but still get the best education that I could afford.

Ciara

For an online school, I am thoroughly impressed. Because of my working schedule, I cannot attend a campus. Western Governor's University gave me the opportunity to continue my education while working to support myself. Professors are available to help me through the courses and I feel confident in my education.

Tesia

I truly do love Western Governors University. From application start someone has been there with me every step of the way, giving support where I needed it. They make things as easy as possible to navigate around the student portals. The work at your own pace programs is what sold me the most on WGU.

Autumn

As a student in the RN to BSN program at Western Governors University, I had a great experience. This university provided me with the opportunity to complete my degree, on my schedule, in record time at a very low cost. Although it was a completely online program I felt very supported. My program mentor checked in with me weekly and my course instructors often sent emails reminding me that they were available if I had questions or concerns. For anyone considering this degree program, I would highly recommend obtaining an education from WGU.

Timika

Western Governor's University provides supports needed to help guide a student during their academic journey. There is vast information resources to help the student to be successful. Having a mentor to keep accountability who calls weekly is helpful and encouraging.

Jodie

Western Governors University is an online university. I am currently in my last year and I have thoroughly enjoyed my career as a student with this college. They have many opportunities to reach out to student mentors if you feel you have any kind of problem. The lectures are online and there are many times available. This is the perfect college for a working person. I would recommend this school to anyone!!