Macomb, IL
Western Illinois University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western Illinois University

Matthew

I have gotten alot out of my college experince so far. I learned that going to class is half the battle, you can not dig yourself into a hole because you will not be able to get out, and this is the most important part of my life. First going to class is half the battle because when you miss one day you will continue to miss more classes. When you miss class you miss out on homework assignments and test dates and teachers do not care if you do not come so they will not remind you of these things. Also if you can go to class everyday you should be able to get a C+ or a low B just by going. The second thing I've learned is you can not dig yourself into a hole I watched my oldest brother do that and after 5 years he is still trying to graduate. The last thing that i have learned so far is that this is the most important part of my life. This is true because what I do now will shape my life and I want to have a bright future.

The best thing is since it is a small school our campus rec is rarely full. Also I go to school with alot of my friends. Lastly the library is only packed during finals so i get alot done there during the week.

Nothing really, Western Illinois University is a small school in a small town. Since i'm from Chiacgo I do not really like it there that much.

Shelby

The people that go to my school, Western Illinois University are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Because it is located in such a small town, people get pretty close. Everyone seems to be extremely respectful. It was one of the first places that almost everyone holds the door open for you, and says please and thank you. Classrooms are filled with kind people who are willing to give you help, inside the class and out. The people are really great, which is the most appealing quality to me.

My college experience so far has been absolutely amazing. I have learned the importance of friendships, academics, time management, and independence. Friends are the most important thing you can possibly have in this world, especially friendships with relatives. My relationship with my parents has become a lot more valuable to me, realizing I would not be able to attend Western Illinois University without their help. Academics have been extremely important to me throughout my whole life, and it has been valuable for me to attend to live up to my full potential. If you want something greatly enough, it's important to fight for it. Accept every resource given to you, because it will only help out in the end. Time management and independence are huge lessons that I learned so far at school. To be successful, one must manage time properly and spend time on things that are truly important. Not only studying for tests and writing essays, but taking the time to enjoy life, and spend it with people you care about. I have learned so many things from my college experience. I would say I am extremely lucky to have this experience.

The worst thing about Western Illinois University is the location. Macomb, Illinois is not the most fun place to have to live. The town consists of a couple grocery stores, some old fashioned diners and resturants, and...corn! Besides living in the middle of corn fields, Macomb really does not have much to offer. WIU takes up almost all of the population, and the only thing that ever seems to be going on are parties. Partying gets extremely old! Also, for people who love to shop, you are completely out of luck. There are no malls. Boring!

Sheila

Low morale, set in a rural republican town with a semi liberal university sitting in the middle.

The 100 level courses are really well organized and you will learn a lot.

I have learned that no matter what obstacles I may face, it is up to me to be responsible for the knowledge I obtain. I will never give up and will become sucessful.

Heather

My school is unique in how the classes are taught. Most of the classes are taught by students themselves. Which can be both a good and bad things. A good thing becuase the students can relate to their teacher and also can learn more by helping the student teacher themself.

In the small time that I have spent at college so far I have learen many things. One of the most important life lessons that I have learned is how to be responsible for myself. In highschool, my parents were always there over my sholder making sure I did things the way they wanted them done, but in college, they arn't there anymore. You must learn to wake yourself up and go to class when there is no one pushing you. Another important lesson that makes college vauable to attend is doing good in all of your classes. Those classes is what is standing between you and the masters degree. If you do good in all of your classes, it will definatly pay off in the end.

i feel that my school doesn't offer enough classes for my major.

mike

The most valuable things that i took away from school where first and foremost the degree which has helped me get hired and the interpersonal skills which help me communicate and function with coworkers and other professionals.

Nothing, because what i didnt already know i learned by means of life experience which can not be taught or bought but only lived.

I brag most about the helpful and extremely intelligent professors and the great times i had with friends and classmates.

Juana

Since I start college my live has change, I'm more confident in my self, I learn that I can do thing that I could never see my self do. I have learn how to manage time, money, and plan my future. When I go to class is a time for me I dont have to think about my kids, husband or if the house is clean, for me it has been a good expirience in all the aspects, I'm a more happy person even if I have to go to bed late, after seeing the grades I have, everything is worgth it , and the respect you gain from the people and your own family, my parent are praud of me I'm the first one to go to college in my family. For all this reasons I'm happy to have taking this step in my life and college has been a good experience.

Kathleen

Western Illinois University has an excellent academic reputation. It is a large university located in rural Illinois giving it a private school atmosphere; it truly is the best of both worlds. The public transportation is excellent!

Attending Western Illinois University has allowed me to leave my home and family and enter into a safe environment to obtain a college education. I have been able to have the benefit of being at a state university located in rural America; allowing me to experience a large college atmosphere without the urban pressures. The opportunities available at WIU are numerous and diverse. The academics thus far have been outstanding. In addition, the on campus life has taught me how to interact with a variety of different personalities on a peer and professor level while maintaining my values and integrity. The responsibility of financing my education as well as being away from my parents and my home has developed and matured me in ways I didn't even realize were necessary!

I do not have any complaints about the university; the town could use a few mainstream restaurants.

Kelly

I believe the school is best known for being a great school for people looking to go into law enforcement or teaching. I did not choose either of those areas of study and feel that I recieved a great education for my chosen career.

The best thing I got out of my college experience was the chance to grow as an individual. There were alwasy different clubs or activities to try out; to figure out what you really wanted to do. There seemed to be a place for everyone. It was great to be who you wanted. If you were into animals there were other students with the same passion. Music, sports, math, science there jsut seemed to be something for everyone. You did not have to try to fit into a group that you did not fit with just to have friends. You could be part of a group that you felt right with. There was also a clubs and groups committy where you could loby for a new club on campus if you wanted to create a new group for students to be a part of.

I enjoyed the one on one attention students got from their teachers. You recieved the help you needed ina timely fashion. I liked that Western was a large enugh school you met new people every day, but small enough to have that one on one time with teachers.

Victoria

My campus is small from any other university I have ever seen, but it allows for more relationships to be formed; and everyone is very happy to be here; it seems that all classes are different in size allowing for larger scale discussions, allowing for many different types of ideas to be passed around; and in every class teachers reassure students that all responsibilities and connections made that will help them is their responsibility.

Thus far in my college experience I have made life long friends, and have learned to communicate better in any situation. I have also learned to prioritize, because school comes first and it always should. These lessons are all valuable to me because I am no longer afraid to communicate with anyone at any time, which allows for me to succeed in the business world, when everthing is about who you know. Also I learned that academics must always be kept first because falling behind on work is only affecting me.

There is no person who would not be welcomed here at Western. All types of students would be well equipped to come to Western. Western can help those who need extra help and also allow more advanced opportunities for those who learn faster than others. I recommend Western to everyone, it is a great place to make life long relationships and have fun, while still being academically focused.

Western Illinois University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.