Macomb, IL
Western Illinois University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western Illinois University

Alexus

I think Western Illinois is a great school but I think they need to improve the campus and campus safety a little more. The campus dorms don't even look like how much they cost. The campus also needs improvement on campus safety. There are shrubs and trees surrounding the campus walkways and its kind of creepy. A lot of the emergency call boxes are out of order and they don't have cameras on them either. I feel that if Western improves one of these two things the campus will be perfect.

Crystal
A small town feel

A small town feel

Western Illinois University was sufficient and reasonably affordable. It's definitely known as a party school, which is not exactly why I went there. I do wish I'd pushed myself and applied to a more competitive and intellectual environment, but I did meet people and have fun.

Claire
The WIU Undergrad Experience

The WIU Undergrad Experience

WIU is bigger university located in a rural small town. There's very little to do besides drink, hang out, and go to Walmart. Although I do prefer the city life, you could never get the experiences there like you do here at WIU. We're like family.

Beth
Just my reveiw

I think its a great school and think it would be really nice to go there!

Just my reveiw

I think its a great school and think it would be really nice to go there!

Mike

Lots of small town kids and a big party school. Its located in a small town so there are small town kids but its not that big of a party school as most think.

challenging but definitely doable.

Mickey

The unique thing about Western Illinois University is the large variety of people who attend. Western Illinois University has people come from Chicago area, the surrounding area, neighboring states and internationally. Western Illinois University has one of the largest international student bodies in Illinois and maybe in the midwest. WIU is always promoting international cultures with events, study abroad oppurtunities, movies and ineraction between students.

The adivice I would give to my high school self would be to do what I really enjoy and what makes me happy. Not to do what could later in the future unknown pay the debt, bring in money or what my mother wants me to do. Instead pursue the degree in which i feel most happy about and would allow me to go through school less stressful. Also besides acedemics, get involved in events, clubs and with people as soon as possible.

The type of person that should not attend Western Illinois University is one who can not get along with a variety of differnet people , wants a university with a challening science program or wants a college town which is not dead in the summer. Western Illinois university has a large variety of people who adhear to differnent thinking, lifestyles and statuses. If you can not get along with different people, WIU is not for you. The University touts a great law enforcement program but the science department lacks in both labware and funds.

Samone

Western Illinois is a incredible credible school and I love it!

Western Illinois is a incredible credible school and I love it!

The main stereotype is that the school is a party school. Yes this is true but academics are not neglected.

Popularity aren't a necessity, but the Greeks are well known.

Heather

I don't feel Western Illinois University has a stereotype that goes on at the college.

Western Illinois University has tons of Academics. I choose Broadcasting. I feel the academics are great and really get you involved in the field you are going into.

yuqi

It is a university that completely out of my expectation, I make lots of international friends, through them, I see a bigger world. I enjoy the every seconds here.

At first, I think it is not so good school, at least, not the first-class university, but it provides what other university could provide, the recreation center is truly good to go everyday.

Andrew

As far as the transition is considered, do not even worry about it. It went quite smoothly, and as you will have family here, it will go even more smoothly than you anticipate. From what I have been through, just try and get to know your teachers, they are quite reasonable if you are reasonable in their capabilities. Also, even if you have your brother or a family member as a roomate, if they do not clean up after themselves, you will inevitably dislike them, so make sure they are kept "in-line". On a further note, there are parties nearly every weekend during the warmer part of the seasons, or rather just summer and early fall, as well as spring and onwards. Try not to drink too much, but do not drink too little either, even if this is obviously illegal, it is an easy way to make connections in this school, and potentially life-long relationships. Sometimes you have to bend the rules to make it in life, this is one of those instances,within reason of course.

The school provides a great education for law enforcement and nursing majors!

There is a large population of black people and the T.A.'s are mainly Indian so they are incredibly hard to understand. While I am not against diversity, if the teacher cannot convey what they want to teach to the class, they will fail to provide a good quality of education.

Western Illinois University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.