Macomb, IL
Western Illinois University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western Illinois University

Oscar

I would recommend my self to start my homework the same day I receive it and to start studying many weeks before I take the tests. I would recommend my self to do a little research on my professors to make sure I got the best quality of education that matched my way of learning, since not all of us learn the same way and as easy. I would recommend my self to keep my notes a little more organized just in case I need to pull them out spontaneously. I would recommend my self to apply for many scholarships, you never know when you'll need them. I would recommend my self to take the hardest classes at the beginning, that way I can relax a bit more during my junior and senior year. I would recommend my self to never take night classes like I did on my first semester of college, those were the most stressful six months of my life due to the lack of sleep. But the most important advice I would give myself is to never give up, it will not be easy but it will definitely be worth it. Thank you.

Timothy

The advice I would give to myself is to study hard. Life with just a high school education is tuff, you need to have a plan and college is the best plan you could have. Research your schools, have a plan for financial aid and know what you want to do. Attend school while everything you have asorbed from high school is still fresh in your mind . Ask your guidence counselor and your family for advice and to help you with planning your furture.

Jacquelyn

In the next few years it may seem like one thing goes wrong after the other, but that's life. Life will keep trying to pull you down until the end, but in the end will you keep that smile that's held you through the past years. Don't forget who you are, no matter what everyone else says. Everyone else won't matter in 5 years, they'll just be memories that you may end up just forgetting anyways.

Brian

My classmates are very kind and curtious, they are always willing to step in and help whenever anyone needs it.

I would honestly go back in time and tell myself to read what the teacher assinged to read and then read it. I have learned in college that you will do a lot more reading than high school and if you don't understand the material because you didn't read it, your on your own. I would also tell myself to apply to more scholarships, even the ones that you might not get, because it never hurts to try.

Any person that is not living, I was always the kind of person that never wanted to be around anyone in high school, as I entered my first year of college at WIU I became more involved and meet some really nice people.

Issac

All of my class mates are friendly, helpful people who have drive and are willing to make connections to further the success of themselves and others.

This university boasts friendly people, intelligent professors, many great associations and fraternities and and great night life. I can enjoy studying and making friends while here.

Dalymar

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have told myself to let go of the reins a little and enjoy the last and only high school senior year. This might not seem as the most "academic" advice with which a student should be bombarded, but it is a true reality check. I spent most of my Fall semester applying for top of the league universities and scholarships, thus, missing out on glorious football games, forever-lasting memories on outtings with friends, etc. The sad part about it is that I was not accepted into any of the applied institutions nor chosen for most of the scholarships I spent time applying. I literally threw my high school senior year experiences away. I would tell myself to not worry about the big top universities, because community college will become my parents wallets' best friend, and a great path unto the university I want to attend. Though I would encourage myself to have fun, I would still cheer me into going for the "A" grade in each class as I was already doing, because good times do not reign over responsibilities and excellent education.

Raynnah

Do not allow people who do not truly care about their education into your life. They are like a virus and you are bound to get sick with it. just completely eliminate them because they will eventually be your downfall.

The staff is the best thing about the school. Every staff and facualty memeber I have encountered are very helpful. They go above and beyond for their students, hard working students.

A person who truly wants an education and is completely dedicated to hardworkd.

Ariadna

The school has many students that help out one another around the campus.

The school has many students that help out one another around the campus.

I think what is unique about my school is that there is an orientation team that goes beyond than just being there in orientation helping the freshman out when they are lost about something.

What I would give myself advice wise about college life is being more social and volunteering more so be able to have more of communication skills. Also, just opening up and hanging out with people that are different from yourself: culture and ethnic wise.

Briana

For every class that I've been in, my classmates have been unique and unpredicatble.

If I could rewind time and be a senior again I would of took the time to fill out for more scholarships. Being in college, I now know that it's expensive and can be a burden on your parents pockets. I'm grateful that the wonderful college I attend is affordable, but if I would have applied for more scholarships I could have got into my dream school, which is Ohio State University.

The kind of person that should attend my university should be someone who doesn't mind a small campus, someone who is looking to have a good relationship with their professor, and someone who isn't trying to pay an enormous amount of money for tuition.

Western Illinois University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.