Western Illinois University

« See more reviews of Western Illinois University

I received my bachelors while being a wife and mother of four. It was not easy, however, the professors at Western were very helpful and they did what they could to make it possible to achieve my goals. Upon graduation, I have found a teaching job. I am teaching fourth grade and I love it. I accredit this to the type of education I received at Western. I would tell those planning on going to Western to stay strong and work hard. Everything will come together if you do that. It may be hard, but it's well worth it.

My school is best known for its small, hometown environment. The school makes up most of the town and the townspeople are very friendly to all of the students when they see them throughout the town. They also use many of the school's resources. My school has a very friendly environment, along with many programs to help integrate new and returning students.

We are the #1 party school in Illinois. We have the highest consumption of Keystone Light in the country and we were featured on Jay Leno's show as having one of the top 5 party streets in the country. We are known for our parties, our tailgating and our bars. We also have the 2nd best Law Enforcement and Justice Administration program in the country.

Western illinois is known for having one of the best Criminal Justice programs around. The campus layout is incredible. It makes you feel like you are attending a larger university, but it is quite small as far as enrollment numbers, The greek system at the college is phenomal.

My school is know for only 2 things; drinking and our law enforcement program, which is why I origionally decided to attend Western Illinois University. The school puts alot of pride into it's Law Enforcement and a large majority of the campus is a LE major.

I believe the school is best known for being a great school for people looking to go into law enforcement or teaching. I did not choose either of those areas of study and feel that I recieved a great education for my chosen career.

We are the "Harvard of the Midwest" and known for being one of the highest quality schools for the price you pay. Also, the Marching Leathernecks are known all over as one of the best collegiate marching bands out there.

Western Illinois Univeristy is best known for its law enforcement, teaching, and business programs. My school is also one of the biggest party schools in the U.S. statistically.

WIU is best known for it's teaching program and rotc/military and law enforcement program. The school does have a quite a bit of parties but what school doesn't?

Academically, my school is mostly known for is the criminal justice program and the education programs. Socially, it's known as a huge party school.