Western Illinois University

« See more reviews of Western Illinois University

It is a small town so you get a small town feel. People are very friendly and willing to help. Most stores are locally owned so they are helpful and friendly. The school is easy to get around and everything is within a 10 minute walk on campus. Faculty and staff are willing to work with the students and they actually seem to care about the students here. There is also a lot of majors and classes to choose from. And for the city people, the nearest mall is only 45 minutes away! But overall the town is great!

My school has a very diverse culture. Western Illionis has just the right amount of everythin that any perspective college student is looking for. Western is a great size. There are enough students so that you constantly meet new people and there are not so many students that you forget the ones you have already met. The teachers show a lot of effort in they lectues with plenty of hands on activities as well. Western was the best choice for me and is a great choice for the majority of students out there.

The people that go to my school, Western Illinois University are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Because it is located in such a small town, people get pretty close. Everyone seems to be extremely respectful. It was one of the first places that almost everyone holds the door open for you, and says please and thank you. Classrooms are filled with kind people who are willing to give you help, inside the class and out. The people are really great, which is the most appealing quality to me.

My school is unique because there are so many different events and other programs that go on throughout the year. Another thing that Western Illinois is known for the LEJA major (Law Enforcement Justice Administration). It is also unique in a way that everyone can get involved no matter what they are majoring in. There will always be something to do on campus so college students aren't continuously sitting in their residential hall rooms which can get quite boring after a while.

The unique thing about Western Illinois University is the large variety of people who attend. Western Illinois University has people come from Chicago area, the surrounding area, neighboring states and internationally. Western Illinois University has one of the largest international student bodies in Illinois and maybe in the midwest. WIU is always promoting international cultures with events, study abroad oppurtunities, movies and ineraction between students.

If you go to Western Ill get ready to drink. The frats are very popular but they are filled with extream tools and philistines. I would sudgest joining the club rugby team or Lacrosse team they are better then frats and more chill. Each bar has its own scene was well. If your a bro go to the forum, if your a recmajor or just a chill kinda guy to to the ritz, if your looking for a change of pace, go to the change of pace. Don't be a LEJA major, be a RPTA major

This school is just the right size school in my opinion.The classes are not that big , you can actually have one on one time iwth the professsors. For students who do not enjoy big classrooms, this is the right school for them. Also Western Illinos University is located in a small town that does not have alot of distractions, you can actually have time to focus on the number one goal: which is to have a good education.

WESTERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY OFFERS SMALL CLASS SIZES AND THE PROFESSORS TAKE THE TIME TO GET TO KNOW THEIR STUDENTS. I AM STILL IN TOUCH WITH PROFESSORS WHOM I HAD IN CLASSES TEN YEARS AGO. THE ATMOSPHERE OF THE CAMPUS IS VERY DIVERSE AND VERY WELCOMING TO EVERYONE. ALSO, AS A MID YEAR TRANSFER STUDENT, I WAS ABLE TO EASILY MAKE FRIENDS AND WAS WELCOMED BY RESIDENT ADVISORS IN THE DORMS IF I NEEDED ASSISTANCE/

What is unique about my school is that it is right in the middle when it comes to size. I went to a large high school, so I preferred a school in between the large and small setting. Also, this is definitely a rural community, but we still have so much fun. There are no malls anywhere near us and I love the freedom to not feel stretched thin to always have to go shopping. We have our Walmart :)

The kind of community feeling you get when you are apart of this campus. I really feel like i belong here and I have felt that way ever since I was a freshman. There are a lot of great people on this campus and I have had some of the best years of my life here, most people on campus are really friendly and open, and the school spirit is amazing. People love this school and are proud to go here.