Western Illinois University

« See more reviews of Western Illinois University

I wish I would have known about that lack of assistance when serious issues arrise. If it is after "regular business hours" you just have to suffer and wait for the next business day. The buildings/dorms are very old and moldy and it is difficult to get int certain dorms because they are cleaner. I also wish that I would have been more aware of the approved alcohol consumption by minors on this campus. Everyone here tends to drink regularly and the school police do nothing about the under age drinking in the dorms.

The one thing that I wish I knew was how much partying takes place . I realize that this is college and it happens everywhere ,but there is nothing for kids under the age of 21 . It makes for boring nights that never turn in to anything. For me, being a diabetic I absolutely cannot drink. I want to keep a healthy lifestyle and be successful . I wish I knew that there was nothing in the small farm town of Macomb. I can only wish in future years some activities come around for the kids you want to not party.

I wish I had known how much drinking goes on at Western. It's a health hazard to the students, not to mentions highly illegal for the amount of underage drinking I see. I wish I had known what little emphasis was placed on student activities, also, since I believe that student involvement is the essence of a positive college experience.

I wish that I had been in an atmosphere filled with people from this many places before I had come to college. When I got here I was surprised to see so much diversity and had trouble fitting in at first but soon found the friends that I had been seeking. It was a big change from my private high school.

I wish I had known the dorm life isn't always as fun as some may think. I received a residential scholarship to live in the dorm, so I was very excited to live there; however, my academics were negatively effected due to a roommate who cared less about school and more about having fun and doing drugs.

Personally, I wish I would have prepared myself to be overwhelmed by the amount of activities. There are so many and being an active guy, keeping up is impossible. Playing baseball here, its easy to forget which sport is varsity and which sport is just fun. Its very competitive intramurals as well.

There is a large population of black people and the T.A.'s are mainly Indian so they are incredibly hard to understand. While I am not against diversity, if the teacher cannot convey what they want to teach to the class, they will fail to provide a good quality of education.

I was able to research Western Illinois very throughly and able to talk to counselors who helped answer all my questions. I knew most everything that was expected of me when i came to this school and was more than satisfied with the experiences at Western Illinois.

Really the only thing I can think of right now that I would have liked to realize is how much I would have to study. Although I realized that, I didn't really know the best way in which to do so, and I wish I could have been more prepared in that area.

I wish I had more information regarding housing financial requirements. I also would have liked to have had more information about requirements of the major I am in. I didnt learn REAL details until arriving here at school.