Western Illinois University

« See more reviews of Western Illinois University

The best thing about my university is the freedom and opportunities. The diversity in majors and jobs that you can choose from with your chosen major amazes me. By going to school at Western Illinois University you can actually choose your life path. There are several leadership opportunities all around campus that you can get involved in. Clubs are available for every major and they are usually open to students in different majors. There are many on campus jobs to choose from along with several ways to get involved with volunteer services. At WIU you choose your destiny.

Location! Western Illinois University is nestled in the west-central portion of Illinois in a city that counts a population of 20,000 people (during the Universities school year). WIU is a well established school in, for the most part, a safe community that promotes family life. Western Illinois University has a diverse student body and offers activities and instruction that is suitable to various ethnicities. The faculty to student ratio varies as well, with class sizes being approximately 20-30 students per class.

The best thing about my school is that there are many ways that you can learn. My school allows us to explore our learning pattern in a safe enviornmnet. They have many ways and programs to help the students learn in subjects that may hard for them to understand. The teachers here are very understanding and helpful. I was having some problems getting settled in school at the begining of the semester with my two girls. They allowed me the time that I need to get them in school. They help me understand what I messed.

The bond between students...no matter where you go there is always someone you know, someone you met at the bar, or just someone willing to strike up a conversation. Everyone is always ready to have a good time and enjoy being 20-something. There are no vices between people and the faculty and there is always someone new to meet.

Western tries hard to accomodate those that need help in a variety of ways. Those disabilities, learning or phsycial are given the resources for the help they request. Wester is open-minded and progressive in the teaching style of their professors. The entire school is truly set up for one to succeed in their field of choice.

I definitely think the best thing about Western Illinois is campus life. You can meet a lot of people and learn new things all while doing something you enjoy other than partying or drinking. There are many activities/clubs/sports that students can be involved in. I'm sure there's something for everyone.

The variety of teachers and students. It allows for there to be a varitey of personalities. It also gives a variety if you do not like someone or a teacher there are plenty of others to have or talk to. Some teachers I perfer over others just because I like there teaching skills and methods better.

Having a location in the Quad City area has allowed me to stay in the area, instead of having to move to the main campus in Macomb. Being along the river has allowed me the opportunity to study on benches along it. It also has a bike path that helps me reduce the effects on the environment.

I enjoy the professors so far, all of them have seemed very accessible and provide their expectations of the students very clearly. I'm also a fan of the activities available to the students, its really easy to be part of social networks even if you're not in a fraternity or sorority.

The best thing about my school is the Law Enforcement Major, we are known for our school having a good Law Enforcement Program and I love how our advisors are a big part in our education helping us find the right classes to take, and also helping us stay on task with all of our work.