Tempe, AZ
Western International University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Western International University

Ashjia

I love that Western International University is all online. This school is set up to be a challenging and educational source for working adults. It also brings outstanding academics in a timely manner. This school brings the same education and communication skills as any college campus does. If I knew online college could be so convenient, I would have started as soon as possible.

Nichole

My school offers a full year of career counseling for free as well as offering downloadable ebooks as a choice for textbooks which is less expensive and easier than regular textbooks.

My biggest advice for myself as a high school senior would have been to slow down and go to college before becoming a mother and wife. I became pregnant my Senior Year and eventually had to get my GED. I would have said respect yourself, your body and your future. College is important and and an exciting time in your life, don't miss out on that. Make sure you apply for all financial aid that you can and focus on your studies . Get as high of a degree as you can because it can only help you later.

I wish I would have known to start sooner than I did.

Robin

I have had a varied college career. I started fresh out of high school and did the traditional brick and mortar college, but did not take my education seriously. It was just one party after another until I was dismissed for unsatisfactory grades. I moved back in with my parents, and saw the true value of a good education. Most of my friends were graduating and landing good jobs, while I was working in a business owned by my parents, and making enough for gas money. After years of fear of failing in college again, I finally worked up the nerve and returned, but had to pay for it myself. I finally earned my Bachelors degree with honors, and have not looked back since. Education is never cheap, but it pays for itself in the long run. You just need to be dedicated and follow through and the work you put into your degree will be returned tenfold. But education does not end with a single degree. In this age of ever changing technology, one must continue attending seminars and classes to stay current in the electronic age we live in, less we digress and lose ground.

Be prepared to work. If you believe that you will be able to slide through the curriculum, you are mistaken. These courses are taught by people that work in the field and have practical, real world experience, and they know exactly what is needed for you to succeed in that course. The students who attend are serious on their education and you are expected to be in class, on time and prepared as soon as class starts - no slackers need to apply.

The classes were small and focused. As such, the instructors knew each student and were available when questions arose. SInce the instructors also worked in the field, they knew exactly what subject matter needed to be taught in the classroom in order for us as students to succeed outside the classroom. I feel that this individualized instruction gave me a step up on others when it came time to interview for positions as I had more insight on key terms and accounting practices.

Dawn

For adult education, adults going back to school, especially those who are working full time. Also a great school for taking on-line classes. The school offers several choices of degrees. The cost is comparable to other schools. Great counselors to help you get through the courses, financial aid, etc.

I was afraid to go back to school after being out for 17 years and having to commit to learning something totally new. However, so far, it has been a great experience and I found that I am not too old to learn. I have met new people, the instructors have been great and very accomodating. Going back to college to get my accounting hours will enable me to apply for a manager position in my line of work. Also, going back to college has given me confidence in myself that I can learn at my age and I feel better about myself. The knowledge that I will gain will assist me in advancing to a higher level of employment. I have enjoyed going back to school and I may even decide to continue to get another Bachelor's degree or work toward my masters. I believe attending college is a valuable lesson for everyone as it boosts their confidence, their learning ability and their knowledge in order to continue to work in this ever-changing world we live in.

The classes go by fast and the instructors are pretty good and reasonable about the homework. The instructors are also willing to help outside of the classroom.

Willing to let others express opinions openly.

Willing to let others express opinions openly.

I have learned a lot from the instructors because they are willing and excited to teach. They all give you the feeling they want to be there. For the most part they have all worked from many years in the field the are teaching in.

Every one, instructors and staff work well with adults weather working or single moms!

NANCY

Go to college even if you don't know what you want to do with your life. Start slow, get your Associates degree. Then, even if you still don't know what you want to do, continue on and focus on a liberal arts degree at least. Going to college is not about get a degree to please your family or future employer. It's not about making more money. Getting a college degree is about building confidence, learning skills you can't anywhere else, and that sense of completion. As you go you will learn a lot about yourself. You learn what topics you have a passion for that you may never learn anywhere else or it may take you decades to learn. It's something that's priceless.

The best thing about my school is that the classes are small and the instructors are there to help you succeed. The school is set up for people who work but want to advance their career or complete their degree. The staff has been very helpful with getting me financial aid and making sure that I am attending the classes will help me complete my degree.

The kind of person who should attend WIU would most likely be working full-time and looking to finish their degree or add a degree/graduate program. This person would be a self starter and motivated.

Janeen

Western has an interactive class once a week. I am a mom of three girls and I don't know if I could attend class every week, with school, after school and the daily grind. I also thought what if one of my girls get sick (surely the other two will) if I miss a day I will be so far behind. With this interactive class if I miss the live class I can watch a recorded session up to a full week. Plus after each class they are open to questions for a half an hour after class.

I would tell myself that I need to put more effort into myself. I would look to get more advice from people who can help you in high school. I would tell myself its going to get harder and harder the longer you wait, because life gets busy. I would tell myself to be confident and go after your dreams and goals that I am the only person who can make my self truly happy. I would say put your self first because if you do not no one will. If you truly want something in life for your self you go out and get it and don't let any one stand in your way because in the end it is you looking at your life. I would tell myself to put this in your wallet and on every mirror you use in the house as a daily reminder to go after your dream so you don't forget it.

Someone who has no dreams or goals in life. If you have any knid of desire in life then i think you should go and take some core classes and find your way along the way.

Teresa

It took me almost 40 years after I graduated from High School to go to college. I would have told my high school self to go to college immediately, and to strive for my highest achievements with diligence and determination. Life tends to throw obstacles in the way, and when we do not pursue something at an opportune time, the hurdles we encounter just may hinder us for years to come. I am now pursuing my degree, and cherish the knowledge and accomplishments that I attain. Not only have I garnered respect and job opportunities at work, but I now serve as a positive role model for my children as well.

I wish I had known the value of an education, and what success in school can do for one?s self-esteem. I graduated from high school in 1969, and my counselor advised me that women should not go to school, that they should work for a while, and then get married. Most young women listened to that advice, and I was no exception. What a mistake that was. I could have done it all, and I just did not realize it. Now, I have the opportunity to grow up and decide what I want to be when I do.

My school cherishes diversity and caters to the older, working student. Many come from countries outside of the United States and are here not only to garner an education, but also to learn of different cultures. The students who attend Western International University, generally work full time and have families as well, and take the opportunity to learn very seriously. A person who is looking for the social activities generally associated with college, should not attend this university.

Western International University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.