Bowling Green, KY

Extracurricular Activities

Nearby Shops and Services

Kris
Go Tops!

WKU is pretty great overall! Would recommend it.

Go Tops!

WKU is pretty great overall! Would recommend it.

Amber
Western Kentucky University - The Best Choice for SOKY and Beyond

Western Kentucky University - The Best Choice for SOKY and Beyond

WKU is the best choice for residents of Southern Kentucky and beyond. As a visitor or a student, staff and students are friendly and helpful. The university is proud of their heritage and preserves much of their history through the beautiful architecture and historic sights. Bowling Green offers many activities for the sports addict, party star, artistic muse and anything in between. The university is well known for dedication to education and offers a wide variety of classes for all types of needs from Photography to Geology. Campus security does exist and there are poles you can set off a help alarm. There is also an automatic phone call to all students, faculty and staff to inform them of emergency alerts in times of crisis.

Brooke
;;;

nice place

;;;

nice place

Alexus

Being from up north I was expecting a southerner type of stereotype but there really isn't one. Everyone is different here.

A lot of people join sororities and fraternities here. Also the club sports are big here too so that's inviting for any student that wants to play and be active. Also clubs for particular majors are a great way to meet alike people. Some activities people partake are enjoying the outdoors, such as relaxing in a hammock.

Since you choose your classes, the academics can be either hard or easy depending. Some classes are better than others but overall the academics are okay.

Eayvon

This school is very expensive, teachers are rude and its hard to focus when you have to work for a living to pay for everythi...

This school is very expensive, teachers are rude and its hard to focus when you have to work for a living to pay for everything.

The diversity at the school is great but some people are favored over others i would say.

I would prepare for college mentially!!!!!!! I Would adivse all my friends to do the same and to save as much money as possibly and to make sure you plan ahead. College is very expensive and if you have to worry about money 24/7 there is just about a 50% chance in success because your mind and heart is else where. College reminds me of darwins theory surivial of the fittest, you dont have money or a good background good luck getting through college.

sara

A large variety of different peers. A lot from Kentucky and Nashville. The rest of us that are from other states are a little out of place at first.

The freshman girls dorm PFT, although I enjoyed living with a group of 800 girls, the dorm itself needs updates. The campus is beautiful this dorm can be depressing in the winter, rooms are small and bland.

Morgan

My school is best known for having a huge hill on campus! We are, after all, the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers! My school is also known for its great broadcasting program, along with a great program for education majors. Greek life and athletics have also risen in popularity over time. Overall, Western Kentucky University is very well rounded!

The best advice that I would give myself would be to pick a school based solely for me, and not for anyone else. My family and friends played a big role while I was deciding what college I wanted to attend. If my friends and family would have not been there to sway my decision, I could've gone several other places for college. If I went to a different school, I might have liked it better or worse, or even wanted to come to Western Kentucky University! I would also tell my younger self to join in a school organzation right when I first came to school, and not a year later. Belonging to a group really helps to ease the transition of coming to college and I believe that it would've helped me to settle in better and become more comfortable. I am so happy with the way things have turned out and what school I decided to attend. With all the advice in the world, I would never want to change how things have panned out here at my school!

The worst thing about my school would have to be the limited funding available to students for financial aid. The unfriendly nature of people in general is also something I do not like. I absolutely love Western Kentucky University! I don't have many things that I do not like about this school.

Savannah

When I was in high school I was so worried I wouldn't make any new friends, I am very introverted. But I could have saved myself a lot of headaches if I'd known how much more extroverted college makes you. Even on the first day I was invited to join some really fantastic people for a midnight breakfast. Not only that but I ended up being the one to initiate many friendships. College is so freeing, it can be hard, but all that effort you put into it is worth it. I'd also tell myself to try and get a job while I was in high school, not only would this help me save for repaying future loans for schooling, but I'd get more experience for my resume and be more prepared for having to put in a long day's work and also balancing school and a social life. And, lastly, I'd tell myself to enjoy the precious last few months that I got to see my friends everyday. Treasure your friendships but don't let them smother you and prevent you from venturing out on your own.

I wish I had known how helpful AP classes are in high school to prepare you for college, they also give you a fantastic head start. I also wish my high school had prepared me for taxes, budgets, and loans more than they had.

Dedicated students are what compose this school. This school is also full of independent, free-spirited souls who know where they're going in life and will do anything to make it happen.

Noah

Overall Western Kentucky University is overall a pretty decent school. It has good diversity, and not just for the population. I mean that not only is there a diverse population of students, there are also a great variety of majors and minors that are available. So you can experience many different social interactions, and also test the water for possible majors you may want to get. It also has its down sides though. More often than not when the wind is blowing just right it smells strongly of dog food. Besides that and walking up the hill that Western is built on Western is a great school. It is not to large or to small, but just the right size.

One stereotype is that we were and possibly still are one of the biggest party schools in Kentucky. I do not believe this stereotype is true anymore. I believe some students here like to try and keep it alive though.

Karen

This school is basically a suit case school(everyone goes home on the weekends), if you don't party its hard to make friends, and they cater to LBGT and international students more than anyone else.

That they're are wild party going young men and women. I for one have not been to a single party but i feel like i'm the small minority that hasn't.

Gen Eds are more rigorous than my upper level classes and i'm a freshman.

We use the most current publicly available data. As such, we don't remove or edit college information. Sources for school statistics and data include the U.S. Department of Education's National Center for Education Statistics and the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System. Portions of college data include copyrighted material, which is reproduced on this website by permission of Wintergreen Orchard House, a division of Carnegie Communications. © 2009-2016 by Wintergreen Orchard House. All rights reserved.
Financial aid at this institution is only available for those who qualify.